It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Earth has fallen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Old Earth has fallen

The war that has ravaged our planet for more than 35 long years is over. We, the proud race of Earth born, have lost. For generations, our people have foretold of the end; but I never thought I would live to see it. We fought for so long; now it’s gone.

The enemy’s ships appeared from nowhere and began to swallow our planet; within minute’s chaos erupted. They used their ships to create a dome around us, and I swear right before their ships connected I could see them; falling from the sky. They looked like birds… or bugs, thousands of them, too high to really see what was coming; too numerous to not appreciate, in hindsight, how doomed we really were.

Once the enemy had completed their formation, it got dark; the whole world went dark, and the silence was deadly. Then; the screaming started.

We were cut off from the rest of the solar system, with no way in or out we were left under siege. It was like a great plague, sent to engulf our planet and destroy precisely what we had built. They were so prepared. We threw everything we had at them, with most of our weaponry rendered ineffective; the majority of our military forces were destroyed. Worldwide we were being forced to retreat and our people began to rely on guerrilla tactics for survival; this was Old Earth; our people aren’t capable of going down without a fight.

Once we figured out they were only immune to our psychic attacks, we reverted to the old ways and took up arms. Most of our people are well versed in combat; and we started to believe we had a chance. We hid underground and a battle for power had begun.

They were able to see us in the dark, whereas our powers had become useless; we were fighting to keep the lights on. Magical and spiritual lighting failed to reveal them, and power was shutting down everywhere. They were vast in number and preferred to hunt alone; if it weren’t for that, I don’t think we would have lasted as long as we did. It took a group to take just one down, and that usually ended with injuries and a retreat.

I could only imagine what the guys up on the moon were doing; I bet those three presidents were tearing their hair out, trying to figure out where our planet had gone. Perhaps not; they do a great job handling the solar system’s security, but since going off planet, they haven’t really cared for old earth.

We handle our own security and I’m betting they’re secretly still pissed about disclosure day; we hadn’t needed their services for a while, but if ever there were a time…

Unfortunately for my people and I, there would be no saviour.
edit on 28-10-2015 by SKurtle because: double word

edit on 28-10-2015 by SKurtle because: spacing

edit on 28-10-2015 by SKurtle because: edit

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SKurtle

Welcome to my world!!!!

Now its gonna be done right, and you are gonna help..

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Cheers! I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean though? lol

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SKurtle

He's pretending to be one of the aliens…

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

haha true, cheers

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Hyperion was one of the best sic fi books I ever read, If OP can handle it so was FootFall…

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Ill check em out

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Its all in the Rainbow!

Any new great sci- fi authors thats "portrayable "

new topics

top topics

join