It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson is a Creationist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It appears the era of ‘The Non-Critical Thinker’ is alive and well. I wonder, is it something in the water? Have our feeble minds allowed us to become victims of a malicious, mind-controlling media? Or have we just been clubbed over the head with a stupid stick? I just don’t get it.

It always galls me when I see/hear supposedly educated people, running for positions of great authority and leadership, who willfully make totally idiotic, misleading statements and outright fabrications. It’s patronizing and is a disservice to the People. These lying SOB’s look you straight in the eye, talk to you like you’re a friggin’ moron, while keeping a straight face the whole time. They pander to the lowest common denominator amongst us, and they do it proudly. The fact that there are people aspiring to the Presidency of the United States of America who are clearly delusional, bordering on schitzophrenic, is a sad commentary on the state of our political system and our culture as a whole. People like that give me the creeps.

When I read/hear of Ben Carson making some of the braindead statements that he has, I have to ask myself, “Does he really believe that stuff? Or is he just pandering and playing us for fools?” Surely it’s the latter. But either way, I have to think he would probably throw grandma under the bus if he thought it would get him a vote.

And the most unbelievable thing of all is that we, like the naive, gullible fools we are, eat it all up, no matter how absurd and outlandish it is. If we, as a nation, are so profoundly convoluted and deranged as to put Ben Carson into the Whitehouse, then we deserve whatever we get.

I agree with Kali74. It’s not his religious beliefs, but rather his questionable ability to think logically and critically that is so disturbing. If anything, we need a clear-thinking leader at this time, who isn't led by voices from the Beyond. We’re already in a lot of trouble as a nation, and need someone to lead us out of it.

Peace...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Logic is not always a great educator. Logic dictated that the sun revolved around the world since it rises in the east and sets in the west. That logic was put to rest, but our eyes still are fooled.

I'm not disagreeing with you, though. Science has put much of 'belief' to the test. For every scientific truth, it is easy to counter them with supernatural phenomena: like dino bones being satan's trick or humans riding dinosaurs. We've all seen the Flat-Earth proponents debate here on this site too. I could talk about Nibiru and lots of other subjects which smack of the same disregard for science. Logic is working in both sides on those issues... good logic and bad logic.

In Canada, we just survived 9 years with a leader who was a strong Christian and we're still here.

What matters is how strong their beliefs are and how they could influence a leader's actions once in office. If he (or she) becomes POTUS, it is because they won the election, meaning the majority voted them in and that they trust that person. One reaps what one sows.

You do know that Hillary Clinton is also a very strong Christian, don't you? America could be facing a choice between a person silent on their Christianity and another who is vocal about it.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Logic is not always a great educator. Logic dictated that the sun revolved around the world since it rises in the east and sets in the west. That logic was put to rest, but our eyes still are fooled.

And then better logic prevailed because we developed the tools for better observation.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'm confused as to how you came up with that from my post. It was sarcasm. Experience was bought up as well as beliefs. Some have an issue with the lack of experience Carson has and his beliefs. Funny how the lack of experience didn't bother the Obama voters simply because his beliefs may have lined up with their own.

That was the point.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

And yet, religion lingers strong as ever.

Here is Carl Jung's view:

Tribal lore is always sacred and dangerous. All esoteric teachings seek to apprehend the unseen happenings in the psyche, and all claim supreme authority for themselves. What is true of primitive lore is true in even higher degree of the ruling world religions. They contain a revealed knowledge that was originally hidden, and they set forth the secrets of the soul in glorious images. Their temples and their sacred writings proclaim in image and word the doctrine hallowed from of old, making it accessible to every believing heart, every sensitive vision, every farthest range of thought. Indeed, we are compelled to say that the more beautiful, the more sublime, the more comprehensive the image that has evolved and been handed down by tradition, the further removed it is from individual experience. We can just feel our way into it and sense something of it, but the original experience has been lost.

[snip]

Whether primitive or not, mankind always stands on the brink of actions it performs itself but does not control. The whole world wants peace and the whole world prepares for war, to take but one example. Mankind is powerless against mankind, and the gods, as ever, show it the ways of fate. Today we call the gods "factors," which comes from facere, "to make." The makers stand behind the wings of the world-theatre. It is so in great things as in small. In the realm of consciousness we are our own masters; we seem to be the "factors" themselves. But if we step through the door of the shadow we discover with terror that we are the objects of unseen factors. To know this is decidedly unpleasant, for nothing is more disillusioning than the discovery of our own inadequacy.

www.jungland.ru...

TLDR: We hold our oldest instincts regardless of scientific progress. In fact, the more strange science becomes, as in Quantum Physics, the more we tie it into religion (i.e. the God Particle and multiple universes).

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Who cares?

Is he going to raise my taxes or lower them?

Is he going to make government bigger or smaller?

Is he going to restrict freedoms or enable them?

All I'm concerned about.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Ya I missed the sarcasm, I apologize.

Now shouldn't those that had issue with Obama's lack of experience have issue with any candidates lack of?

Oh and dig the sig, one of my favorite quotes.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Watching the debate now....

I'm astonished at the naivete of the conservative ATS members on how the Republican party operates.
The GOP has no intention of nominating Dr. Carson; he is being used to make the electorate believe in the "big tent" charade.
The republicans and Tparty aren't contributing any money to his campaign and he is running on fumes; no big corporate doners, not even big pharma. And his upper echelon staff has bailed... Soon his campaign will have evaporated into political obscurity unless he gets a corporate transfusion. Or his devotees start writing him checks but be careful of his PACs, one of them is a scam.

www.washingtonpost.com... 30fc1d3f5c_story.html

imo for what it's worth...anyone that thinks religion, ideology, plays a part in this level of politics needs to do some reading and quit listening to Rush. It's the neocons party with a very exclusive RSVP.

It's Jebs turn in the barrel....
edit on 28-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Does the dollar bill that you circulate everyday not state "in God we trust"? This country was founded on the belief of God and creationism.

"Ignorant Mindset"? Really? Do you have the authority to judge? You don't know all Christians so I don't think you have the right to say such an "Ignorant" thing...with all due respect.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Evolutionism is nothing more than pagan mythology from ancient idol worshiping cultures

No, though I'd trust pagans' intellect over most Christians' these days, Darwin got the idea from observing how birds had changed form after they colonized the Galapagos islands.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Toseekthetruth

Most Christians accept evolution. Even the Pope accepts evolution.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
The PROBLEM here, is that "creationism" is an ignorant mindset.

...actually, the problem here is religious intolerance and bigotry...

Learn your Constitution, the no religious test clause door swings both ways, supporting those who deeply believe from the nonbelievers just as it protects those who don't have Faith from the true believers.
Religious beliefs-wise, Ben Carson is every bit as qualified for the presidency as a dedicated atheist would be.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

This country was founded on the belief of God and creationism.

"The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”
1797-John Adams

No, it was not founded on the belief in god. The men that founded this nation created it on the premise of freedom. The only thing this country has to do with religion or god is that the founders were certain that our rights transcended what governments and rulers were willing to allow. They thought our rights were given to us from a higher power and therefore could not be encroached.

I don't believe in god, but I do believe our rights are inherent and transcend the dictate of anything else.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I wonder how many here have said, "Who cares if Obama is Muslim? He's hired to be president!"

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

But the two aren't mutually exclusive.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
if he can conduct himself professionally and intelligently, without opening the bible every time a question is asked or referring to scripture when making a case, i dont see a problem. what he does as a person is his right as an american citizen. personally, i find it amusingly ironic that the figurehead of american spirit would be denied the american freedom of religion.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I wonder how many here have said, "Who cares if Obama is Muslim? He's hired to be president!"

I don't care. Doesn't concern me one bit if he was.

On the other hand the Right-Wing, and many that now say Carson's beliefs don't matter when it comes to his ability to govern, tried to label Obama as a Muslim and de-legitimize his presidency because of that stupid belief.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So the right wingers are hypocrites and the left wingers are hypocrites.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Most Christians accept evolution. Even the Pope accepts evolution.

theology is a child and evolution is the flotation device keeping the poor kid from drowning. the hypothesis of creationism has nothing to do with the theory of evolution other than taking credit for its work. i dont have a problem with a president who says grace before dinner and tithes on sunday. i do have a problem with dressing the court jester in the generals hard earned medals.
edit on 28-10-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: introvert

So the right wingers are hypocrites and the left wingers are hypocrites.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sure. And then there is the rest of us that remain consistent and apply criticism/praise equally.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join