It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson is a Creationist

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

You are not agnostic. If you were, it would not mater at all what Carson or ANY political runner thinks or believes in as far as religion goes.

So because what he thinks or believes as far as religion goes makes him a non-agnostic?

People became agnostic because they think that all religious dogmas are BS.

An agnostic person claims neither faith nor disbelief in God, but that doesn't mean they don't have opinions about religion.
edit on 30-10-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Hey, thanks for that!

I went to look at it, and then followed things along and saw where Carson also said (last month), that "ultimately I would love to see Roe v Wade overturned".

He's calling abortion the same as slavery.

Source

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I have to ask...

Why should we trust science?

Six day creationist? Who cares. I don't. ...and no, I'm not one.

Can the man do the job? I believe he can. He's smart. He's very well spoken. He's an accomplished professional...which is more than any of the Presidents in my lifetime can claim. Actually Carter was at least trained in Nuclear Propulsion, or some such, while in the Navy...which is totally cool.

What Mr. Carson isn't, is a career politician, though as a surgeon he had to deal with the office politics. Budgets, etc...

The religious aspect of this is meaningless. There are far too many checks and balances in place for anything even vaguely resembling a "theocracy" to ever take hold.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Hey, thanks for that!

I went to look at it, and then followed things along and saw where Carson also said (last month), that "ultimately I would love to see Roe v Wade overturned".

He's calling abortion the same as slavery.

Source

Carson is an evangelical nutcase imo.

We have enough nutcases in DC currently no need to add more to the mix.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Why is he a nutcase?

You don't become a successful surgeon if you're a nutcase...unless, I suppose you're Dr. Frankenstein.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Evil geniuses abound in my minds eye atm. Thanks for that. Hopefully none of them will ever be POTUS.

Great stuff for All Hallow's Eve.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Why is he a nutcase?

You don't become a successful surgeon if you're a nutcase...unless, I suppose you're Dr. Frankenstein.

There are plenty of successful nut cases in our society, just because he is a brain surgeon doesn't exempt him.

Because of his religious statements that have already been made public.

His religious bias are against the highest laws of our land.

1) He believes "A Muslim shouldn't be president" because he's Christian. And this is against our 5th amendment.

2) Wants Roe vs Wade overturned - Against the highest court in our lands wisdom and decisions (Supreme Court)

These two alone make him someone with a God-like complex, and superior to our constitution, thus ignoring current standing laws of the land.

He's a nutcase.
edit on 30-10-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: stolencar18

I'm not an atheist. I'm not an atheist. I am not an atheist. Get it?

No they will never get it. They need someone to demonize, insult, demean and disparage to prop up their so called "faith"
It's just a defense mechanism mainly used by people that have a distinct fear of ideas other than their own.

A clear cut case of ideology getting in the way of common sense.

As a recovering Baptist....I know who you are by your speech patterns and syntax. I'll pray for you anyway!

btw...7th day Adventist are a cultist off shoot of the Millerites that were also a Protestant cult.

Sorry, I just can't trust Cult members of any kind.

imo....the GOP will never nominate Carson, so essentially he was dead in the water even before he left the political shore.

it's Jebs turn!!!
edit on 30-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Could be worse, could be an atheist trying to ram his non-religion down your throats.....I hate that.

I can't understand why they try so hard to push nothing.....almost as bad as those pesky Jehovah witnesses, or the Mormons.

In some ways I see them as extremists....let's hope they don't start blowing things up so they get their 72 nothingness's in the non-existent afterlife!

But yeah, why on Earth should someones religious beliefs prohibit them from running a country? That's been pretty much the deal in almost every country since the beginning of time according to their particular book!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yea keep spreading disinfo

He said Americans are not ready for a muslim president and the American system is not ready.

That is a fact that sharia and our laws differ.

The nutcase would be the person denying this.

edit on 30-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Calgary, Alberta has Nenshi, a Muslim mayor... very popular in that oh, so Texas-like province. So far, not a Sharia-bound city.

America might not be ready, I agree.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You believe differently than I do, thus you're a nutcase, you nutcase!

(see how that works?)

The "highest laws in our land" once supported the unquestioned legality of slavery... guess that makes Abraham Lincoln a "nutcase" in your eyes? The same "highest laws of our land" ruled in favor of interment camps for Japanese Americans who had committed no crimes during WW2... Norman MIneta was clearly a "nutcase" for the Civil Rights Law of 1988 which intends to prevent this from ever happening again in America. Those same "highest laws of our land" which deemed that private property held by the poor may be seized by eminent domain by private corporations if those corps pay more in taxes... all of the states who subsequently changed their laws regarding eminent domain to specify that corporations CANNOT do this and trying to protect the property of their citizens must be "nutcases," eh?

Is Obama a "nutcase" in your eyes because of his public pissing and moaning over Citizen's United?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

1) He believes "A Muslim shouldn't be president" because he's Christian. And this is against our 5th amendment.

He can believe anything he wants. He can't do diddly about it. Because as you say, it's unconstitutional. As long as he doesn't attempt to make it happen, which obviously he can't...and he's more than smart enough to know that. This is a none issue.

2) Wants Roe vs Wade overturned - Against the highest court in our lands wisdom and decisions (Supreme Court)

I, too, think Roe -vs- Wade was a bad decision. It is a matter for the states, individually, to decide.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

Calgary, Alberta has Nenshi, a Muslim mayor... very popular in that oh, so Texas-like province. So far, not a Sharia-bound city.

America might not be ready, I agree.

Good for them. Wasilla, AK had eye candy for a mayor who then went on to be a quitter as governor and a failure as a vice presidential candidate. "Mayors" are not presidents...

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

America is probably much more ready than people might think.

Muslim. Atheist. What ever. Can the person do the damned job that they are trying to be elected to? That's the only marker worth looking at.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

That is good that they are happy.

I am more looking at the fundamental differences of sharia and the constitution and how that has to be addressed in the mind of a voter that thinks about things. When looking into a situation it is necessary to be able to state problems or differences.

In general without adding in the personality of said candidate everyone should question the differences.

Point being is that the mayor had to overcome many questions to be accepted and being a likeable person goes far.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Yea keep spreading disinfo

He said Americans are not ready for a muslim president and the American system is not ready.

That is a fact that sharia and our laws differ.

The nutcase would be the person denying this.

Dis info?

www.cnn.com...

"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that,"

I live in Dearborn, Michigan contrary to fear, dis-info, and small-minds we do not have Sharia law here.

The president of the USA takes an oath of office to uphold the constitution of the USA, if they do not fulfill these duties they should be removed, whether they are a Muslim, Christian, Hindi, and more.

In the USA many are blinded by their religious beliefs and this is extremely dangerous for everyone. It matters not which religion it is, but the mindset, hence he is a nutcase.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

... They need someone to demonize, insult, demean and disparage to prop up their so called "faith" It's just a defense mechanism mainly used by people that have a distinct fear of ideas other than their own.... Text

Here---let me fix that for you---
They need someone to demonize, insult, demean and disparage to prop up their "non-faith"
It's just a defense mechanism mainly used by people that have a distinct fear of ideas other than their own.

See how that works---demonetization can backfire. Defense mechanisms are used by the non-believers too, you see.

If being a person of faith is the best shot anyone can take at Dr. Carson---well, it's really quite laughable.

ETA: And what I find really, really sad is that the very people who come to demonize people of faith are on other threads calling for tolerance and diversity of thought. Apparently that only applies to people of like-mind.

Pot meet kettle.
edit on 30-10-2015 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Somehow I have lost all faith in the impeachment process and the fundamental principle the country was founded on.

If the process worked then I would not be taxed for simply being born in the usa.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

But, the thing is that regardless of his faith, the only problem he has had is from the 'now out of power' Conservative Government, who's base, it so happens, lives in Alberta.

The problem was about the wearing of the niqab, which the Supreme Court of Canada allows. This was not good enough for a prominent Conservative politician who immediately went on a public offensive against Naheed Nenshi, calling him out as "People' like Nenshi.

The backlash was immediate: www.cbc.ca...

edit on 30/10/15 by masqua because: added reply to

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join