It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Us Armys Artic vulnerability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
With Russia ramping up it 's forces up north the US will have to focus more on defending the region.
www.defensenews.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
No they won't.

IF Russia wanted to invade Alaska, they could...but then they have to get through Canada and an angry US. In that case ICBMs would fly and we all will be eating pancakes in the next life together.
edit on 28-10-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

Defensenews.whatever will probably be saying anything they can in order to scare people into thinking we need more defense...I think we have enough to take offense for the most part and if we pull that offense back and focus on actual defense, this country would be impossible to invade considering geography.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Cross train with JTF2. They are experts in Arctic warfare.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

JTF2?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

JTF2?

Canada's special forces:

en.wikipedia.org...

Very specialized and works well in the north.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I guess that's good and all, but if Russian forces go land raiding in either Alaska or Canada, there are too many submarines with too many warheads to even give a good god damn about anything except pancakes in the next life.

While they float underwater realizing how they killed millions, have a stable power source, yet will surface to nothing but death...that they caused. Awesome job to be on a sub.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You need FAR more guys but I don't EVER doubt Canucks warriors.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Noone wants to do that.
IT HAS been stopped a few times because of this.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Sounds like they need to begin by running EVERYONE through Ft Wainwright.

Share the pain, suckers! MWA HA HA HA HA

/schadenfreude is der BEST kind of freude!

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Lol, Russia invading Alaska? They wouldn't get very far, especially in the spring or winter.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hmm think I'll have pancakes for dinner.....

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I'm certain the US special forces are very good in sub-zero conditions too.😃

As an ex-army brit I would certainly be happy to take the mickey out of your gung-ho,over-equipped,"they shot at us,call in artillery"giant,fat,gum-chewing,loudmouth military,BUT:Your special forces are the canine testicles.Just not as good as ours,i.e. godlike.Still pretty good,though.

Anyone coming through Alaska will briefly be in a world of pain.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Russia wouldn't be to happy with all the gun-toting, rural and subsistence people that live off the land here. It would be arctic Afghanistan for Russia to occupy Alaska. The people up here are experts at surviving in extreme arctic conditions off the land, hunting and fishing for food, evading predators and stalking prey.

In fact, due to the sheer SIZE of Alaska (we have more coast line than the rest of the USA put together FYI) and low population density (about 700,000 people) -- it would be damn near impossible for Russia to get everyone under control. There are a LOT of former and retired military people up here (many come back to retire after serving).

We have F-22's stationed here, as well as the AWACS...we're getting the F-35's as well soon. We also have a SEAL training facility in Kodiak.

Russia would be stupid to try and invade Alaska. Really, really stupid.
edit on 29-10-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Interesting article, our senator Dan Sullivan was a former Marine officer...I believe he left as a Lt. Colonel. If anyone can grill the military...its a former military officer LOL.

join