It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the woods are scary

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
I remember at least one occasion during my college days, hiking with a friend in a national forest in East Texas when the area became unnaturally silent. When we noticed it, we were a little over a mile down the trail and we took that as our signal to turn around and head back. At the time we figured there was a predator near by. Sometimes you've just gotta trust your instincts.

Well, they do say that is Bigfoot country. Boggie Creek isn’t that far from there. And lots of the Columbia shuttle landed in East Texas.

I love East Texas, would love to move that way. My son graduated from Texas A & M Commerce last year as well. I have always enjoyed exploring that region. We live in Central Texas, and it is just so flat LOL

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: crypticarchive

Wow that is something! Another neck attack. German Shepards don’t play. Strange coincidence.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The woods are peaceful compared to being in the dangerous city with idiots carrying guns. Put on your boots up to your knees and enjoy! Avoid snakes and poison ivy! Otherwise it’s a quite place to think. Don’t walk in the woods when it’s windy or if raining. The trees in the south will spontaneously fall over when the sandy soil is loosened up. Also dead pines fall over in the wind. There are lots of animals that live in the woods it’s their happy home. It’s a great place to horse trek with a friend.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 01:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I went into the forest once, all alone. I felt so free, running around and giggling like a little kid on Christmas morning.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NEXTSTEPUP

Sometimes the lights appear they are like torches and are scanning around like crazy. Something other than the birdies and deer is living in them woods.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 09:42 PM
link   
What a great topic! I grew up in the middle of nowhere Georgia and while I was always in the woods I never felt at ease there as a child. We lived on about 50 acres and no matter how many times I walked or rode ATVs around the was no sense of being in control of my surroundings. I always felt like I was being watched. The feeling seven carried over into my dreams where I saw alien creatures with boneless/tentacle like arms peeking out from behind the trees.

Now that I am older, I often walk those same woods when I visit home. I still feel a presence, but nothing like when I was younger. I often wonder it it was a matter of age and vulnerability as to why the feelings were so intense when I was younger/smaller. All I know if that the wilds are a special place.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Pizza Delivery Guys Also Come Across the Paranormal During Deliveries Near the Woods . WTF Was that Thing ! ?

..............*)
edit on 21-8-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: crypticarchive

Wow that is something! Another neck attack. German Shepards don’t play. Strange coincidence.

Demons are REAL . I was in the Presence of one Possessing a Man I Met in line at a Grocery Store in 1999 . There are Stranger Things in Heaven and Earth than are thought of....... for Sure........

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I saw a coworker literally out of nowhere turn her head and look at me like she was the exorcist child and say some snarky totally irrelevant sh&t. It was so shocking the customer I was waiting on mouthed the letters WTF to me.

I told him yeah this is what I have to work with.

After he left, I went to. Locate s/v as I just decided I was going home before I beat Buffy’s as&. Here comes Buffy, talking smack, I unleashed on her, told her to get her as& back to her register or we’d have a problem.

We are ok now. Turns out her life is very hard, her husband does nothing (gets behind on bills, doesn’t tell her), while giving up no vices, while she works two jobs. I actually like her, but it is known around work when she goes dark! I’m not her only victim, I’m the only one who stood up to it.

I’ve also seen someone I know eyes roll back in their head and talk to me. This was while they were sleeping, just sat up and started talking. My relative sat up and said “He’s gone”. I was at that time thinking about my ex and how he could do the things he did to my son/myself.

Another time I was being beaten to a pulp and the perps eyes were black. I remember coming too in the middle of it and straining to see his eyes because he wasn’t getting away with it.

You are right! I stand strong with God 💙

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I saw a coworker literally out of nowhere turn her head and look at me like she was the exorcist child and say some snarky totally irrelevant sh&t. It was so shocking the customer I was waiting on mouthed the letters WTF to me.

I told him yeah this is what I have to work with.

After he left, I went to. Locate s/v as I just decided I was going home before I beat Buffy’s as&. Here comes Buffy, talking smack, I unleashed on her, told her to get her as& back to her register or we’d have a problem.

We are ok now. Turns out her life is very hard, her husband does nothing (gets behind on bills, doesn’t tell her), while giving up no vices, while she works two jobs. I actually like her, but it is known around work when she goes dark! I’m not her only victim, I’m the only one who stood up to it.

I’ve also seen someone I know eyes roll back in their head and talk to me. This was while they were sleeping, just sat up and started talking. My relative sat up and said “He’s gone”. I was at that time thinking about my ex and how he could do the things he did to my son/myself.

Another time I was being beaten to a pulp and the perps eyes were black. I remember coming too in the middle of it and straining to see his eyes because he wasn’t getting away with it.

You are right! I stand strong with God 💙

Geez , I am Godsmacked Reading that !..........

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   

May I ask what you observed with the man in the grocery store in 1999 did?

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   

May I ask what you observed with the man in the grocery store in 1999 did?

In an Overly Exaggerated Gutteral Voice he Said , " Your Next , Go Ahead of Me Man " . I was like taken aback there for a Second then told him " No , that's OK , I am Not in a Hurry " , He then said in that Same Gutteral Voice , " Suit Yourself , then Called me by My First Name " . I Never seen this Person Before but Somehow he Knew my Name . I was Like , " Yeah , that's a Message , I'd Better be Careful Now for some Odd Reason . I Walked out of the Store then Never saw him Again . He also had an Offensive Body Odor that All the People in Line by their Body Language Smelled it to . Like Rotting Meat left in a Sewer .
edit on 23-8-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I’d have walked out too! Glad you’re ok!

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I’d have walked out too! Glad you’re ok!

I Am AWARE . God Blessed Me with that . I am Eternally Grateful......

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   
One time I was in a section of the Bronx near Yankee Stadium where there were no real woods but just a strip of wooded area I was walking past late at night I had the feeling of being watched/chased and looked behind me and saw what looked like a really big shadowy figure just like crashing through the trees…complete feeling of terror at that point I started running…I can’t remember I but I don’t think I ever walked past there ever again…one thing with NYC is if there’s any type of wooded area it pretty much has to be fairly old definitely from before the city existed and it must be over some kind of glacial rock they couldn’t move or build over…

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This thing didn’t have a describable shape the closest thing I could compare it to would be a wendigo which I can’t upload a picture of right now for some reason

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   
i.pinimg.com...

Like that long limbs no really defined features I only saw it for a few seconds and there was no light it was moving fast

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join