It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brave British Muslims Speak Out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yesterday I saw an article in the Daily Express where a British radical Islamist has been telling British muslims to shun the poppy. As I got further down the article I saw that some British muslims had replied to him and countered his hate by saying many muslims had died fighting for Britain www.express.co.uk... I actually looked on his twitter account to make sure the Daily Express were speaking the truth and there were comments from British muslims counter-arguing his hate.

Then today I have just come across this website set up by British muslims to speak to muslims who may be at risk of being radicalised. www.openyoureyes.net... I think these British muslims are really brave for speaking out like this and they have actually helped reassure me that deep down most people are just good regardless of culture or religion and as the saying goes good will always win over evil. I think it is nice to know that some muslims are speaking out when all we see is the darkness.

I just hope more British muslims come forward and are as brave as the ones on this website. We need them to speak up against the hatred that some from their religion are spewing on a daily basis. www.express.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Support them and defend them...THEY'LL need it.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

No extremist Islamic person should shun the poppy. It is their livelihood and pays for all those "juicy" terror campaigns, lol.

edit on 28-10-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Those dumb radicals forget that allied troops fought hard and died a lot to defend the Muslim nation of Turkey among others.

Let them burn in hell for their hatred and may the ones who speak against their ignorance be listened to.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
They were also told by an islamic group in Rotherham to boycott the police because of the investigation into the abuse of 1400 british children (girls) some were said to be only 11 years old.
This scandal is not on its own, to my knowledge this was also going on in Oxfordshire and Bristol.

What is going on in your country? are brits incapable to protect their children against slavery and abuse?

To the OP, it is a start, but i doubt that they will really make a difference since they are simply considered non muslims, IS as wahabi sunni muslims are of course the true muslims.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hi! Muslim here.

Their are soooo many websites out their and muslims who speak out about the dangers of these khuaraij (extremist ) groups.

Plenty of youtube videos as well.

The problem is nobody wants to listen to the voice of protest.

It's hard enough trying to keep a young Muslim revert/convert on the strait path. Could you imagine trying to enlighten a non muslims who has his ideas set about islam already? Its rough!

Lets face it extremism has become the new face of Islam thanks to the MSM and ignorance about islam spread by extremist ,anti islam websites, and even on boards like ATS. Many times have i had to refute things posted here about Islam.

You see , When people go on websites and read some innovated scripture ( a scripture that somone has implemented an idea about its meaning ) they take that information and spread it not knowing what they are spreading may be a falsehood or not the actual meaning of that scripture.

Extremist do this! Normal people so this!

This is the core root of the problem.

For example: Their is a scripture a story rather where it talks about a battle that took place and one of the prophets companions had nowhere to run and he knew he was going to die. So he ran head first into a battle sacraficing himself while taking out a few enemy's.

^ That story is the reason why they're are suicide bombers. Nowhere in that scripture or the quran does it say to kill your self or harm innocent muslims or non muslims. Yet these ignorant people (i won't even call them muslim) take this story (because its scripture ) and use it as an excuese to kill them selfs and harm innocent.

The sad part is that their are many many scriptures that have been (key word here ) INNOVATED in such a way and used for what ever agenda.

Knowlege is key in fighting extremism.

If your part of that flow of information on Islam i urge you to not spread falshoods. Research EVERYTHING! You read. Just because you read a piece on Islam and it says "written by Dr.Ahmed Phd in islamic studies .QUESTION IT ANYWAY! Their are mistakes even at the highest scholarly lvl.

We have a saying amongst us students of knowlege .

"Never follow a scholar blindly".

Forgive me for any grammatical mistakes i am currently breaking the law by driving and writing this .

Peace and blessings !

Kap

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Forgive me for any grammatical mistakes i am currently breaking the law by driving and writing this .
That just ruined pretty much all of your post to me.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

It made it for me.

A well written and refreshingly different post.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

No it did not get its new face thanks to the MSM, for many decades islamic extremist groups have been the face of islam.
Boko haram, al shabaab, al nusra, al qaeda, taliban, hamas, muslim brotherhood, hezbollah, isis, islamic front, hofstad network and so on.

They gave us quite an insight in what islam brings forth, let alone the two mayor countries Iran (shiites) and Saudi Arabia (sunni).
How they treat people with a different religion, sexual orientation, non believers, slavery, oppression in the heartland of islam.
That is quite an advertisement on what islam is and produces.

This does not mean that every muslim is an extremist, there are moderates.
But many so called muslims who grew up in western Europe and other parts of the world are also quite radicalized.
Hence thousands of them went to Syria to join IS.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Please forgive me i felt the need to post the information while it was fresh on my mind.

All is well though i am not driving now maybe re read it and have a differing opinion?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

What you are describing is infact extremisim.

The MSM and other outlets rarley differentiate between extremism and the true foundation of Islam.

Whenever you hear somthing on the news about "Islam or Muslims " it's alway in a negative. And a product of khuaraij ideology .

I belong to a group of Muslims who educate muslims and non muslims alike about the dangers of extremisim etc. When we approached our local news station during the time the france issuse was going on. We wanted to put out a message about the dangers of these Extremist. They wernt having it ...

The local news station is owned by fox ...go figure.

When was the last time you saw a muslim scholar on tv denouncing extremism?

Exactly.

Their are sooo soo many out their who want to be heard .

So respectfully i disagree . the msm has played a big roll in paiting the face of islam as evil and extream.

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

That is ok, i'll go into it a little more to clarify myself.
For years now we have seen the most horrendous atrocities being committed against people by wahabi sunni muslims (IS) in Syria.
Killing and enslaving people who are also muslim but not sunni, or they are christians.
Girls raped and killed in the most painful ways, beheadings, groups of people who get a bullet in the back of the head, people who are burned or drowned as a twisted creative way of killing people by IS.

What amazes me the most is the deafening silence from the islamic population throughout the world.
When the palestinian boy was shot after he killed a kid and an adult, there was a big outcry about it.

This to me says it all, it is also no secret that jews are fleeing Europe because they are not safe anymore.
The attack in Belgium, France and Denmark has shown that, hence we have seen soldiers in the street to guard schools and buildings.
Not a word from the muslim population, in fact, the silence is as deafening as during the whole massacre in Syria.

Well, there was an outcry from kurdish people in Europe last year when Kobani was under attack.

To be honest, islam is portrayed to be the religion of peace, but sofar i've only seen a river of blood, oppression, slavery, battles, suicide bombers.

Despite that a few of my friends are muslim, i'm done with this theocratic ideology.
This of course does affect my friendship with them, so be it, if friendship can't be based on human relation, than it has no base whatsoever.
Those who live their life unnoticed won't be interesting enough for the media since it is considered normal here in Europe.
If so many muslims want to be heard, stand together and make yourself heard by organizing a protest against extremism, take a stance against islamic extremism, throw out all those imams that preach extremism, take a stance against the segregation, against the extremists who want to impose sharia in their neighborhood, against those extremists who denounce manmade laws despite living in a western society.
Most important, protect your children against this extremist ideology, so many are already quite extremist at a young age and it will affect their future.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Pretty hard to fight Muslim extremism when you aren't a Muslim and have only read bits and pieces of the Koran. Your average person (myself included) simply do no wish to take the time to read the whole thing then read another thousand pages of interpretations.

Even if you know the Koran forwards and backwards there are still the religious leaders who issue their proclamations and insight on the verses.

It's a bit like asking someone to fight coding errors without knowing any programming languages.

In the end I'm afraid it's up to the Muslim community to police their own.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Pa reply to: earthling42

Again. What you are describing are acts of khuaraij.

People that do things as you described are pure evil . actions such as that take them outside the fold of Islam.

Does the KKK represent Christianity? Negitive . likewise isis and other groups who act under the banner of Islam do NOT represent Islam or the quran and sunna.

This is a prime example of what i am talking about.

You don't have the ability to differentiate between the two because of the lack of knowlege.

What you have done here is EXACTLY what the msm has done. Grouped us all together as one single ideology .

This is simply inncorrect.

Let me touch on a little bit of personal info.

I have stated this on here before. And ill say it again.

I am an X Christian. Studied Islam for many years before converting . i am what you would call a "wahabi" (people use that as a derogatory term) i most identify as a salafi.

Its an Orthdodox form of Islam. We only follow scripture that can be traced back to muhammad and the shahaba (conpanions). This scripture we know has not been innovated or falsified.

Also i am a father . a citizen who respects and honors the constitution. I don't break laws . i respect all religions. I know what love and compassion is. I a student of knowlege in Islamic law.

Given all this do you really think i would subject my self or my family to a religion you just painted ?

Of course not!

Islam is a religion of peace you just have to find it under the pile of evil that man has placed upon it.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Thanks for your answer Kapusta

The difference between the KKK (it still exists?) and IS is of course that the KKK ideology is based on white supremacy (difference between the human race, therefore racism) whereas the IS ideology is based on wahabi sunni islam, hence IS (islamic state, name of the caliphate).
I hope i don't offend you by writing this because that is not my intention.
You say that it is pure evil, so obviously you interpret wahabi sunni islam in a totally different way.

I don't differentiate because muslims obviously support IS, this is not based on MSM but on muslims and their reactions to what is happening and of course the thousands of westerners who have joined IS, even families.
People that were born in a western society, radicalized in a western country and then i see a video in which a christian is beheaded and those muslims speak my language!

So tell me, how can it be that muslims born in western countries, who had a decent education (in so far they want to because many segregate themself from the society) who go to mosques in western countries, become so radicalized that they not only support IS but also join IS while you say that it is pure evil?

As i mentioned before there has been only one outcry from muslims, kurdish muslims when Kobani was being attacked by IS.

Are all the imams and islamic teachers who teach western muslims wrong? do they poison the minds of millions with a extremist ideology that has nothing to do with islam?

As a muslim you are more educated in islam than me.
My departure is based on what i observe around me and what muslims in western countries say and do.
As i mentioned, jews are not safe in Europe, people with different sexual orientation are being harassed and even beaten up, the segregation from the western society in which they were born, hate against westerners, admiration for Hitler.
But the most dangerous part of it all, the threat and attacks from islamic extremists within Europe by western muslims.
It is all rooted in the doctrine that they receive from their teachers.

Are they all wrong according to you? than how can it be that so many are poisoned with a extremist ideology that has nothing to do with islam?
Are most of the imams and islamic teachers simply spreading a satanic doctrine?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Firstly you are not offending me .

I am firm in my belief and research.

Secondly. You proved my point a bit. You are under the impression that their are "so many extremist" because this is what MSM and outher sources have taught you .

Their are roughly 1.5 billion muslims in the world , extremist make up a very very small percentage of that.
Maybe 5%. Countuary to other reports i have read that make the claim its 40% .

You keep bringing up this word "wahabi sunnie" and attaching it to extremist.

That is exactly what extremist do. They claim to be "wahabi or salafi" yet they have their own ideology and stray off the path of the quran and sunna .

An example would be . west burrow Christians making the claim that they are true Christians when the reality is that they are not christ like with their spreading of hate etc.

Just like all religions their are sects. Islam has many differing sects . extremisim is one of them and without a doubt its growing . They choose to identify followers of the quran and sunna (wahabi salafi) yet ...again their actions take them outside the fold of that.

It's really complicated.

Step back and lets look at violence in general. Is anyone safe anywhere?

The crime rate in the US is crazy people get killed . robbed .raped everyday. But it goes unreported or its not capitalized upon. However if it were a "muslim " doing such an act it would be blasted all over the world and attached to the whole of islam.

This is the truth , this is reality.

Again the msm and other outlets play a huge roll in the creation of an extremist Islam.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

It's hard enough trying to keep a young Muslim revert/convert on the strait path. Could you imagine trying to enlighten a non muslims who has his ideas set about islam already? Its rough!

That is something my muslim friend told me too - that the real problems come with the newest converts and reverts.
They get more... intense about it and irrational.

I must say, I see that kind of behavior in many areas of life - it is the newest members, and those trying to "come back" to the education they grew up in and wandered from. I have noticed that with quite a lot of so-called born again Christians. I've noticed that immigrants who are newly integrated into another country tend to get extreme in their patriotism to their new nationality.

There was recently a video someone put up with a young man in Sweden who was pretty hostile about the refugees coming into Sweden... and near the end he mentioned that he is an immigrant there from another war torn part of the earth. I found it curious.

It's like they are filled with an exaggerated need to "prove" their loyalty, and ready to go to extremes, no matter what that entails.

The current tide is troubling.

top topics

join