It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Johnny Reb or Yankee? Which are you?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Throughout my life I could never see myself fighting for the South, even with a Libertarian mindset. I cannot find it in me to support slavery.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah, kind of like us in the Middle East right now...except we shouldn't even be there at all.

HA

Well the UK on its fifth afghan war I believe. You think we would have learned after the first war resulted in a massacre?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Metallicus

Throughout my life I could never see myself fighting for the South, even with a Libertarian mindset. I cannot find it in me to support slavery.

But you have to take in to account what would your attitude have been like back then?

If you were born and raised in the south and taught from the beginning blacks were slaves and that there were inferior ect ect ect would your out look on life been different?

I would like to say mine would be the same and slavery was wrong but honestly? If that was the only life I knew I dont know.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

To be honest the war was unpopular from the beginning and we really were half hearted in it. In fact a lot of our best officers resigned rather than fight. And when the French turned up? Well the rest they say is history....

Don't forget the Russian contribution.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well taking that into consideration it becomes impossible to guess where I'd stand. I was born in South Carolina, but didn't live there very long before moving to PA then Indiana. I did return to the south later in my childhood (Mississippi), but looking back I was raised in 2 states in the south and 3 states in the north. My opinion could have gone either way.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join