It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are drugs illegal? You asked Google – here’s the answer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

One of the other factors are government regulation. If a store selling legal drugs gets caught selling drugs to a minor, that store gets shut down. It happens all the time to liquor stores, bars, or convenience stores that sell cigarettes.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The fact that it does in fact happen all the time (closing per sales to minors) suggests that the penalty is no harsh matter for the risk.

Laws try to control that. But someones big brother, so to speak, makes the risk palletable. They close some, they license and open some. But that is a small percentage of the suggested overall problem.
edit on 30-10-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

The fact that it does in fact happen all the time (closing per sales to minors) suggests that the penalty is no harsh matter for the risk.

I don't understand that statement. A business owner does not want to see his business shuttered for the dollar or two that he would make from selling a pack of cigarettes to a minor.

Once when I went to a convenience store with my cousin. He was in his 30s at the time. I was in my 40s. The store clerk would not sell the cigarettes to him because he didn't have his ID. I was going to buy the pack for him because I knew how old he was, and I had my ID. But the clerk would not sell the cigarettes to me either. He claimed because I was going to give the smokes to my cousin he couldn't sell them to me either.

I just went to a small department store a few minutes ago. The clerk refused to sell a pack of cigarettes to a man who was clearly old enough to buy them because he didn't have his ID with him.

Another time when I was in my 20s I went to a liquor store to buy some whiskey. Not only did the clerk card me, but he had me sign my name on a piece of paper and compared my signature with the one on the driver's license.

I've had some juveniles hanging out at a convenience store ask me to buy beer for them. Of course I refused. But, that goes to show that it's not easy to purchase products that are so tightly controlled.

The dope man doesn't care about selling drugs to a minor. He's already taking the risk of selling to begin with.

-dex

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Colorado has already shuttered one store for out of state illegal sales. The shop owners in CO already are LICENSED to sell. They are already making a killing.

But it isnt enough apparently.

For that one closing, another dozen open.

edit on 31-10-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Why? Because they destroy peoples lives. Pretty simple really.

If people want to destroy themselves with drugs, that's up to them. But when it becomes a burden on society in general, it becomes a matter for the law. Should all dugs be legalized? Absolutely not. And to argue for such a thing is pure stupidity. I know potheads and druggies want easy, hassle-free access to their addictive substances, but it's not a logical answer.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jimbo999
equal logic~ Governments destroy lives = they should also be illegal !!!!
I'm down for that "aye" vote !!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join