It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are drugs illegal? You asked Google – here’s the answer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

They make Kroco dill purely as a cheap alternative, because the real thing is more expensive and illegal , If the lot was actually decriminalised the price of drugs would crash criminality would crash, and the cops and prison system would crash, so go figure its all a business model.

You could be right but people pushing this stuff onto youngsters should be "dealt with"

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Decriminalize only means that you don't go to jail for using. You can still get a fine and dealers can still be arrested.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FromRussiaWithLove
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think pot should be taxed and made into a legal business

But hardcore drugs should stay illegal

Ever see someone tripping to oblivion ?

It is not pretty

Sure have. It's not dangerous to hallucinate. It may look weird to someone not tripping to see someone tripping, but that doesn't mean it is dangerous.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Keep in mind, Google only serves you what it think you as an individual are looking for. With a smattering of adverts you might be inclined to click on.

Used to be Google could identify you in 3 clicks or less. It might be less now lol.
edit on 29-10-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I wish tabaco was illegal... I don't use any drugs, legal or illegal(except a few beers every now and then)
but I am heavily addicted to nicotine.
Everyone around my environment smoked, and so did I.
Now I can't stop this f@cking habit.
I believe if it wasn't available everywhere it would be easier from me to stop smoking.

Imo the safest addiction might be that of the internet, although it has many negatives in your real life.
still no so much of a health hazard like the addiction of drugs, food, sugar, cigarettes, gambling, coffee, alcohol etc.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Sure have. It's not dangerous to hallucinate. It may look weird to someone not tripping to see someone tripping, but that doesn't mean it is dangerous.

It is dangerous, if he is uncontrollable in public, or if he jumps out of the window thinking he could fly.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

Uh-huh... And how many times has that happened? Maybe the ONE time there was a story about it. You are spreading fear propaganda with your posts here. Hallucinogens AREN'T harmful to you. Heck, you agree, you are just trying to appeal to the same crappy arguments prohibitionists always appeal to when they want to ban drugs. "I don't like how people act on these substances therefore they need to be banned!"
edit on 29-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I am not trying to spread propaganda , I am just stating my opinion.

Would you think , it's ok for people ''tripping'' in traffic, not realizing where they stand and where they go?
Isn't that going to cause a serious accident?
How about the unaware sober people driving to their work?
How about children in the parks with their grandpas seeing naked guys fighting an invisible dragon?
Or acting weird, bashing others, and freaking out in the subway.

I have no problem with what substance anyone takes, but as long as it makes him behave irresponsible, he should stay in a controlled environment preferably with sober friend to control him, and not roam freely causing accidents and distress to the unaware.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

There's a few stories floating around of people doing what he says, but how many stories don't make the news? Because these stories don't make the news I can only speculate (I can't wait for you to jump on that word...) that there are thousands of incidents where someone hallucinated and assaulted someone, or crashed their car, or (fill in the blank with other incident here).

Drugs that cause hallucinations are not automatically dangerous, but they CAN be dangerous. To issue a blanket statement saying they are not harmful to anyone is false.

Finally, I wanted to comment that from my perspective your posts are very polarizing. You're very "you're with me or you're an idiot". You use absolutes (such as I stated above) and make all kinds of unsubstantiated or easily countered claims. I respect your opinions, but I think you'd come across "nicer" or at least more respectable if you respected others opinions the same.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

What if he has no sober friends? Or friends at all? It shouldn't be someone else's responsibility to babysit a drug user. If this entire thing is about personal responsibility for drug use we can't demand a babysitter.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

That is very true.
The state can't trust each subject to use the x specific substance responsible.
Although I believe making it illegal would just give the market to the criminals.

I wonder if there is a safe way to regulate each substance differently and solve this issue.

Again I am all for personal freedom as long as your actions don't affect others.
Everyday people should not be victims and or witnesses to the effects of someones desire to get high, drunk or go ''tripping b@lls''.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula

I am not trying to spread propaganda , I am just stating my opinion.

Would you think , it's ok for people ''tripping'' in traffic, not realizing where they stand and where they go?
Isn't that going to cause a serious accident?
How about the unaware sober people driving to their work?
How about children in the parks with their grandpas seeing naked guys fighting an invisible dragon?
Or acting weird, bashing others, and freaking out in the subway.

You clearly haven't seen many people on acid or mushrooms before if you think those things are common occurrences while tripping. Methinks you are basing your opinion about this drug on what you've seen from Hollywood movies and or anti-drug propaganda.

I have no problem with what substance anyone takes, but as long as it makes him behave irresponsible, he should stay in a controlled environment preferably with sober friend to control him, and not roam freely causing accidents and distress to the unaware.

Alcohol makes you behave FAR more irresponsibly than hallucinogens.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

There's a few stories floating around of people doing what he says, but how many stories don't make the news? Because these stories don't make the news I can only speculate (I can't wait for you to jump on that word...) that there are thousands of incidents where someone hallucinated and assaulted someone, or crashed their car, or (fill in the blank with other incident here).

Anecdotes (otherwise known as stories) don't make a trend. If a trend exists, the DEA would be MORE than happy to release that information. Here, instead of "stories" here is a study. I bolded the part that is relevant to what we are talking about.

Hallucinogenic health trip: '___' may not be bad for you, says study

The late acid guru Dr Timothy Leary would doubtless have claimed to have known it all along, but after conducting an exhaustive study on tens of thousands of Americans, a team of Norwegian scientists has concluded that '___' may actually be good for you.

Researchers Pal-Orjan Johansen and Teri Krebs from Norway’s University of Science and Technology in Trondheim examined American drug-use surveys carried out between 2001 and 2004 on over 130,000 US citizens, of which 22,000 had used a psychedelic drug such as '___' at least once in their lives.

The results may not amount to an appeal to “turn on, tune in and drop out”, but they appear to overturn the opinion long-held in parts of the medical establishment that '___' and other “mind-enhancing” drugs automatically result in debilitating flashbacks, uncontrollable paranoia attacks and a desire to leap off buildings.

In the science journal PLOS One, Mr Johansen and Mrs Krebs wrote: “There were no significant associations between lifetime use of any psychedelics, or use of '___' in the past year, and an increased rate of mental health problems. Rather, in several cases psychedelic use was associated with a lower rate of mental health problems.”

Drugs that cause hallucinations are not automatically dangerous, but they CAN be dangerous. To issue a blanket statement saying they are not harmful to anyone is false.

ALL drugs can be dangerous.

Finally, I wanted to comment that from my perspective your posts are very polarizing. You're very "you're with me or you're an idiot". You use absolutes (such as I stated above) and make all kinds of unsubstantiated or easily countered claims. I respect your opinions, but I think you'd come across "nicer" or at least more respectable if you respected others opinions the same.

I don't care about this. If my claims are easily countered then counter them. Don't whine about my tone. In any case, I usually find that people don't read my posts carefully enough, thinking that my points are easily countered so they attempt to do so but end up sticking their foot in their mouth because they didn't read EXACTLY what I said and instead skimmed it.
edit on 29-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FromRussiaWithLove

That comes under simple abuse,and could easily be dealt with. The moment its all legal, the amount of people interested would drop, and move to the latest naughty thing.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I agree. Reminds me of underage drinking, which is likely appropriatly called binging. But when you hit the magic year where you dont have to get your buddies big brother to buy you a case of beer, things change. And you either become a social drinker or a sloppy drunk. The latter, most adults avoid being due to sobriety, jobs, or relationships. It becomes less fun.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I tend to agree. I have had positive experiences with many controlled substances with no issue, though I did have to give up the alcohol, for I was getting into trouble because of it.

The danger these days seem to lie with what's legal. The synthetic drugs that are available are brutal. I've seen whole parties levelled by legal highs. I've watched people carted off in ambulances on that stuff. It's really bad and for some reason, aimed at youngsters. I had to have the chat with my 14 year old cousin because they were dabbling. Another ambulance was called that night. I don't get it. Poison is legal.

Never have I had said issues with cannabis. Or E. Or coke. Or shrooms. Or speed. Not once. Never jumped out a window, myself. I don't think that's a drug thing, I think it's a stupidity thing.

I'll say it like Bill Hicks: I had a real good time.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

It's just fear propaganda plain and simple. People have grown able to recognize the propaganda around marijuana but other drugs are still considered highly taboo. They don't want to consider that other drugs may not be as bad for you as the government has always told us. That's why you end up with arguments like this, "We should legalize marijuana, but other drugs should remain illegal." Well if the government can't be honest about marijuana's dangers, what makes everyone so sure that they are honest about other drugs as well?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

It's all a by-product of prohibition.

For example, back in the days of alcohol prohibition, it was all about moonshine, not beer.

Do you get my point?

Prohibition doesn't actually prevent the use of habit forming substances, in anyway shape or form... But, prohibition does end up promoting them.

For example... most people are now content drinking alcohol that's only around 5% alcohol (beer), but if you made alcohol illegal tomorrow, then everyone would be looking for alcohol that's 100% alcohol.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Just because certain substances were used to marginalize certain races and classes does not mean they should be out there for anyone who would want to get them, to be able get them.

It's already too easy for your kids to get alcohol and cigarettes isn't it?, I suppose you want to make it easier for them to get coc aine and marijuana too.

Comical how so many treat their brains and bodies like they treat that four wheeler in the garage.....

Your body and brain are not toys.

I am not completely against recreational drug use as it may come across from what I just wrote, but too many people can't even operate a motor vehicle responsibly, let alone use drugs.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

When I was in high school, I had much easier access to illegal drugs, than I did to tobacco or alcohol.

Back then, we used to constantly make jokes about how easy the erb was to get, but how it was a total pain to hook up the tobacco to spin the weed with.... just saying.

Basic reality is a foreign concept to you prohibitionist types.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join