It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1/3 of budget passed is about SSDI disability reform.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I wonder about caregivers who stay home to take care of their loved-one rather than join the rat race for dimes that turn to nickels before the bank opens?

You know that unmistakable feeling when there is more month left than money?

Are you going to leave for 8 hours a day, the person you care for- so you can better care for them?

I'll keep my inflammatory profanity under my breath...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I don't bring up red herrings, and I agree with you.

I'm not sure why your tone...or at least the end of your comment...made it seem like I would argue against your points.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Why should taxpayers support you for the rest of your life just because you have mental problems? You should either work or live off others charity. Why should the US government take peoples money and give it to you? If you are too crazy to drive, then take public transportation or walk.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hmmm, that's odd.

...........Senate...................................................House.............................

110th 2007–2009 D - 49.. R - 49.. I - 2.. Vacant - 0...... D - 233.. R - 198..Other 0.. Vacant 4
111th 2009–2011 D - 57.. R - 41.. I - 2.. Vacant - 2...... D - 256.. R - 178..Other 0.. Vacant 1

Why is it the Republicans are demonized over the Democrats and Independents decisions?
edit on 28-10-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Hmmm, that's odd.

...........Senate...................................................House.............................

110th 2007–2009 D - 49.. R - 49.. I - 2.. Vacant - 0...... D - 233.. R - 198..Other 0.. Vacant 4
111th 2009–2011 D - 57.. R - 41.. I - 2.. Vacant - 2...... D - 256.. R - 178..Other 0.. Vacant 1

Why is it the Republicans are demonized over the Democrats and Independents decisions?

I bet you have a good point but I am not familiar with reading the numbers and letters in that fashion. Care to dumb it down for me?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I don't bring up red herrings, and I agree with you.

I'm not sure why your tone...or at least the end of your comment...made it seem like I would argue against your points.

Sorry, that wasn't actually addressed to you. It was just heading off the usual response bringing up corporate welfare, defense budget, etc anytime anyone wants to discuss the out of control entitlement state. I have an issue with all of it. Government is doing way too much and it isn't sustainable.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Isn't it interesting how some people are too crazy to do anything like work, but yet they are sane enough to have debates on an online forum?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Isn't it interesting how some people are too crazy to do anything like work, but yet they are sane enough to have debates on an online forum?

funny how you make remarks like that but if I were you I would not want to work in the same space as many here on this site.

in other words you are saying for them to get a job just not one that effects your well being

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr

Why should taxpayers support you for the rest of your life just because you have mental problems? You should either work or live off others charity. Why should the US government take peoples money and give it to you? If you are too crazy to drive, then take public transportation or walk.

so nothing you do is supported by taxpayers?....

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: Edumakated

funny how you make remarks like that but if I were you I would not want to work in the same space as many here on this site.

in other words you are saying for them to get a job just not one that effects your well being

I just call it like I see it. I see people all the time who supposedly disabled, yet they manage to do everything else in their lives except actually work to earn a living. I have distant family member who is too disabled to hold a job supposedly, but somehow she can start her own business while she collects disability.

The problem is that because government acts as a middle man, all accountability is thrown out of the window with these programs. These programs are best administered locally by the communities in which the beneficiary lives and ideally with private funds.

It is one thing to go into a government office and get some faceless bureaucracy to give you money to sit on your azz. However, if you have to go to your neighbors and the people who know you, there is going to be a lot less fraud and more accountability.

I put it like this... if I am goofing off and making bad decisions, no one from the government is going to point that out to me when asking for handout. However, if I'm coming to a family member or neighbor, then they are going to hold me accountable.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I do not totally disagree with you. The system is broke and many that need ss are turned away and others learn the tricks to fail the test givin by ss. Then we have the otherside of the crazy coin. People are demonized while many claim they are just bucking the system but no boss wants to hire a potential problem. Very likely that if one has a mental history they will never get hired so if we are gonna demonize folks then we need to take care of them.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Most people in America should be for these programs as they are likely to benefit from them or know someone who benefits from them. It is only the rich (which is not very many of Americans) that don't need to worry about some cataclysmic event causing them to lose their job and their savings. Not only that, we could save more money by cutting back on our military and probably save even more money by cutting back on corporate entitlements.
edit on 28pmWed, 28 Oct 2015 19:00:51 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You know, your case may be an extreme example, but the reality is that it should be hard to get government assistance of any kind, and examiners should treat all applicants with one trusting and one skeptical eye, because they have zero idea of how honest an applicant is, or for that matter, how honest the doctor(s) is/are.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
"I have xyz and the government should provide and take care of me the rest of my life!!!11"

Just one of the million reasons America has been on the decline the last couple decades.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

hey at least if the person that is prone to hullucination is home and one the computer, they aren't in a car trying to get to work while hullucinating a horrifying scene behind them causing them to drive into a gang of school children at the bus stop.

and, I have over 10 years experience in the printing industry, and probably wouldn't have a problem getting a job in the field....but I would have a pretty big problem doing it or anything else that would cause me to have to lift more than 10-15 lbs consistently, stay on my feet the whole time, or walk alot. I've taken plenty of free online courses on serveral subjects, and am moderatly adept with a computer, but well..... at a few years shy of 60, isn't no one gonna hire me for office work without real work experience. so the amount of time I spend on the computer doesn't mean jack!!! I've let it go while my husband was alive because we could survive on his salary and I didn't feel like fighting for it when I was denied the last time. But well, he isn't around anymore and food stamps and heating assistance doesn't do any good if one can't keep a roof over there head. I won't fight this time if they deny me either, I will just sell off everything I own, take the camping equipment and fishing gear, some seeds head for one of the national forests.. go as far as I can into it and find a nice hiding place.
My husband and me have spent most of our lives working, paying taxes, having to live below the standard of living that was granted to the single moms on welfare, I watch people with little handicapped signs on the car windshields park in those nice reserved parking spaces and literally run into the grocery store while I am driving around looking for a parking space that is much farther away and often times limping it. my now now hasn't worked a day in her young life and gets a gov't check for her disability goes for nice long walks down the road (probably to the store since I stopped answering the door because she's the only one who comes knocking on it, begging for crap from me.
sorry, but my husband and me spent our entire lives working in this system helping these people live without the hassle of working, and that is why now, you should have to take care of me!

edit on 29-10-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No doubt I'm surprised they haven't started putting people in concentration or labor camps yet. The way they talk it sounds like it's not far off.

First comes the Euthanasia programs. Right now in its fledgling stages, called assisted suicide.

The Nazis weren't as coy, they called it "lives not worth living".

The "camps" already exist. We call those prisons, they run them like a business. Lots of free slave labor there.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

National forests are off limits. You won't be allowed to remain independent and self sufficient. Its against the law.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
well, don't see where they are giving some of us much of a choice, so quite frankly it's gov't land, and I don't care about their stupid law saying I can't....
or would they rather I start robbing bankers at gunpoint?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

well, don't see where they are giving some of us much of a choice, so quite frankly it's gov't land, and I don't care about their stupid law saying I can't….

I realize that and empathize with your position. I was speaking from experience about "camping out".

Most places they call "national forest" these days are monitored by electronic sensors at entrances and in the forest themselves. Armed Forestry personnel respond to cite and evict, even back when I was doing what you are proposing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join