It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

firefox help???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I've just switched to firefox becasue IE has become really annoying (i can only have one window open at a time)

But firefox and ATS don't seem to like each other, the threads have weird layouts compared to using IE.

Is there anyway to fix this, a patch maybe??

Thanks for any help

JAK

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hey UK Wizard. I, and I know many others here, use Firefox. I have no problem at all.

Some threads can look a little and act different (gaps in odd places, no post count on the bar in the mini profile), but most look pretty much fine to me.

Have you tried the ATS search? Is this thread any help?

Have you got the latest v1.0? Updates? Perhaps posting a screenshot example of what you mean might help someone with more of an idea than me point you in the right direction.

Harrr Jimlad, I don't know what I'm doin'.

Jack

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
(gaps in odd places, no post count on the bar in the mini profile)

This is exactly what is happening.

Have you tried the ATS search?

Maybe i searched wrong but i couldn't find anything.

Have you got the latest v1.0?

yup

Perhaps posting a screenshot example of what you mean might help someone with more of an idea than me point you in the right direction.

I'll do that tomorrow, i can barely keep my eyes open

thanks for the suggestions

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There is no "fix" for the weird formatting you speak of. Its just the way FireFox renders the page, differently from IE.

Its been brought up many times before on ATS.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You'll get used to it soon in about a week.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
yep, me too, but i have grown to love fire fox, so i'll just have to get used to the posts being centered.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by smilingsarah82
yep, me too, but i have grown to love fire fox, so i'll just have to get used to the posts being centered.

Its alittle weird to start with but i'm slowly getting used to the layout...firefox is much better, i especailly like the tab feature

JAK

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So UK, how's your relationship with Firefox blooming?

Have you sat exchanging pleasantries over a candle-lit dinner?

Does a tender smile purse upon your lips when you see it softly curved tabs?

Or is that just me?
    *Ahem*
Sorry about that. Anyway, I thought you might be interested in this Tweak Network Settings extention.

Tweak Network Settings - Firefox Extension

Jack

[edit on 8/1/05 by JAK]

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
So UK, how's your relationship with Firefox blooming?

Have you sat exchanging pleasantries over a candle-lit dinner?

Does a tender smile purse upon your lips when you see it softly curved tabs?

JAK control yourself
, but yes Firefox and myself are much happier than when i used IE, i mean the firefox tabs

I can't find what it does?

JAK

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

JAK control yourself

....sorry.

Originally posted by UK Wizard

I can't find what it does?

They are both the same thing by Edwin Martin I just thought I'd put the other link up as well.

Jack

JAK

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok, umm....

I moved up from the 0.9 to the 1.0 version of Firefox and it gave me problems. I got the message that XPCOM event reciever had stopped responding when trying to shut down of restart and the browser itself kept stopping while attempting to load pages and could only be remedied by closing the browser down and using the vulcan neck pinch Ctrl+Shift+Esc.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, but the problem kept occurring. Eventually I uninstalled and reinstalled the old 0.9 version I had lying around and it's back to the old FireFox that I fell in love with.

I had a look about on the 'net but this was the only solution that worked for me. I just thought I'd mention this in case, and to see if, there are any others who may be suffering the same problem.

Jack

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Just back up your profile...uninstall the FireFox you have installed right now, delete the FireFox folder, and the Application's Date folder that houses your profiles, and reinstall and see if that helps.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
There is no "fix" for the weird formatting you speak of. Its just the way FireFox renders the page, differently from IE.

Its been brought up many times before on ATS.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

exactly i think its somthing to do with ie putting padding on the outside of a page where as firefox does it the correct way

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I also had that wonderful XPCom problem. Do you by chance use the McAfee Privacy Service? If so that is causing the problem, and McAfee dosen't seem to care that its software kills firefox. So far the only fix to this is to uninstall the Privacy Service all together, or just keep it disabled. (besides you now use firefox, the privacy service shouldnt be needed)

Also, the wierd rendering comes from the long avatars. Don't know if that was mentioned in the topic already, I just kinda read though it quickly.

top topics

join