It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy born with no brain then 2 years later giggled and said "Mum"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: interupt42

This is not a hoax, i live in the same town as Emma and have met her little boy who clearly has a disability however still smiles and makes baby noises etc.

Wasn't aware this was his diagnosis which makes it even more amazing looking back.

a disability?......he has to be monitored 24/7 at all times, and is unable to do anything, ANYTHING on his own...this is juuuuuuust a little more than a "disability"...saying he's in a vegetative state, would be more accurate

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Isn't there a "brain" type formation in the solar plexus? Could this take over some of the functions of the missing brain? And the word "mum" is just a sound and may not be related to the child understanding that "mum" means mother.

Apparently, each of us all have a grand total of what could be thought of as 4 'brains' (yep, four of 'em...in a way)...we essentially have 3 brains in our skull, a 'primordial, primitive brain' and two higher functioning left and right cerebral hemispheres, which can be loosely thought of as two separate entities joined by a thick structure called the corpus callosum which connects the two 'brains'. When this connecting tissue becomes disconnected, through injury, surgery or malformation...the two hemispheres can begin to behave as separate entities, with separate and distinct personalities, weirdly enough, this has been recorded in people, where bizarrely one 'brain' fights for dominance or control over the body, often waging a kind of battle or struggle against the 2nd hemisphere..literally fighting for control in some instances.

The fourth 'brain' resides in our stomachs..it isn't what we would normally consider a brain as such, but rather is a thin lining of nerve cells in our guts that control certain aspects of our moods and other primitive functions.

This is where we get the saying 'Gut instinct' and 'butterflies in our stomachs'.

Scientific American on 'Gut Brains'.

So, yeah, perhaps you're correct mate, maybe people with severe brain damage adapt and make better use of these 'alternate brains', than we would normally do.
edit on 28 10 2015 by MysterX because: Added link

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: interupt42

This is not a hoax, i live in the same town as Emma and have met her little boy who clearly has a disability however still smiles and makes baby noises etc.

Wasn't aware this was his diagnosis which makes it even more amazing looking back.

a disability?......he has to be monitored 24/7 at all times, and is unable to do anything, ANYTHING on his own...this is juuuuuuust a little more than a "disability"...saying he's in a vegetative state, would be more accurate

Again i'm only sharing first hand experience of meeting the child and he seemed to be aware of what was going on around him. Certainly not vegetative state as he was smiling and reacting to his environment. Which is why i was so surprised learning his actual diagnosis as i thought he just had a disability, didn't really want to delve into deep conversation with Emma at the time as she is a friend of my ex girlfriend and it would be rude.

But yeah, i'm sure reading a few news stories gives you a better angle to make judgment on his condition.

Stephen Hawking #s his pants too, would you describe him as a vegetable?
edit on 28/10/15 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Wait, the kid has no brain, yet it has part of a brain?

Then it DOES have a brain (of course, sort of).

Let me know when a truly brainless person is able to speak or do things that require atleast some sort/piece of a brain.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose
While I too am very curious about this, having the medical community learn from this is well...not something I'd like. I don't believe that ethics would be much to them and his entire life would be an experiment.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wow really cool find, I had to google the condition because I had never heard of this one before. The odds were very munch not in his favor. However the brain has been known to do strange things. For example I know a woman who had surgery for a tumor and they said she would likely never be functional enough to work, walk or drive and would live on hospice care. Well she learned to speak, walk and drive all over again. However she hasn't "felt" an emotion since. So yeah maybe this little guys brain rewired itself to function more with less.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Is it possible that a small brain has developed somewhere else in the body, maybe under the sternum or just not in a visible place and it has finally gotten some pathways connected back to the central cortex stem? Just thinking outside the skull for a moment since the body has been know to produce strange anomalies such as noses growing in the wrong spot or extra appendages and even whole other beings inside the host body. Could there be a chance that a brain, maybe the size of a small tumor or so has attached itself in another place?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop
True, there is I believe an anomaly in which the heart is on the outside of the body. Perhaps the blueprints have been messed with, copying done incorrectly and the brain relocated.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Loved this miraculous story. What a good MUM she is indeed. Our connectivity is divine, our as in all of us.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

In the other hand you are right the miracle here is the way a mother will never lose hope when it comes to her child, that is actually like you say divine and is a story all on its own.

Even If the child will come to outgrow his brain capabilities he will be loved until that day when it will be no more.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
Life will always find its own way.

edit on 28-10-2015 by mosesforthewynn because: image fix

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Atheists just got trolled by God.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

???

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mosesforthewynn

originally posted by: NewzNose
Life will always find its own way.

Well certainly in this case it has! One thing is clear and that is just when we thought we knew lots about the brain, its function, memory and consciousness we discover its just the tip of a massive iceberg.

Incredible and I'm sure this case will be monitored and researched on an ongoing basis.

I wonder what all the fluid is in the brain cavity and what its function is? Liquid from brain?

Thanks to all for their comments.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Check out "Mike the Headless Chicken (April 1945 – March 1947)":

en.wikipedia.org...

"most of his (Mike's) brain stem and one ear were left on his body. Since basic functions (breathing, heart rate, etc.) as well as most of a chicken's reflex actions are controlled by the brain stem, Mike was able to remain quite healthy. This is a good example of central motor generators enabling basic homeostatic functions to be carried out in the absence of higher brain centres."

Definitely there is enough grey matter in the brain stem for this little boy to live, to what ability we do not know until he is older.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Atheists just got trolled by God.

Darn that Loki. Always fooling around. Or was it Set?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
well i can easily say the kid has a developed pineal and pituitary gland cluster.

mystically, intelligence actually sprouts from the ass. lol. the base of the spine is the root chakra and constitute a human state lowest level intelligence. the spine carries this intelligence to the pineal/pituitary. the larger bandwidth a person can channel up the spine is the more intelligent they would be. right on up to the point of pure supernaturality.

the article is a bit sensationalized though. the kid was born with part of a brain. maybe just partially developed left and right hemispheres. not 'no brain' completely.

however from a mystical point of view. consciousness doesnt require a brain, nor even a body.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It was "mummy" not "mum" or "mom".

Apparently also "hello".

Spokespeople from the Association for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus are supporting these claims according to the article. Laughing, smiling, and saying these words.

It doesn't appear to be wishful thinking, but something that actually occurred.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: John333

the kid was born with part of a brain. maybe just partially developed left and right hemispheres. not 'no brain' completely.

No cerebrum.

Just the brainstem.

edit on 28-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Somehow this is going to be spun into a zombie apocalypse conspiracy theory...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join