It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy born with no brain then 2 years later giggled and said "Mum"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Surely this begins the rewriting of the medical journals on the human brain and it vital importance for life and consciousness!

Any smart brain experts out there got an opinion on this because I think its frigging incredible and opens a whole new chapter about the brain or no brain.

www.msn.com... ailsignoutmd

edit on 28-10-2015 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Maybe the brain stem in this case contains more than usual. An interesting story though, Lets hope Aaron may develop into another Stephen Hawking .

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

This is...incredible. There is no other way to describe it.

I will tell you this for nothing though. Every bit of research that has been done into the function and mechanical process of the brain, tells us that this should be impossible.

I suggest however, that the brain stem this little chap has, cannot be regular in construction. It must have some adaptations, which allow it to mimic the function of things like the neurolinguistic processes, which have allowed this young fellow to speak the word "mummy" for the first time. Ordinarily, having nothing more than a brainstem would mean that nothing more than the simplest biological functions could ever be processed. The ugly term "vegetable" would normally apply. Therefore, it stands to reason that this young fellows brainstem has some unique properties, not shared by the brainstem of others.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
What a bizarre story...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
this is really creppy since it justifies my theory.... f***

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Probably due to his age the brain was able to adapt.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Humans adapt to their situations, especially if they are young enough.

This Boy's story is very similar to another one i read about.

A British Woman, was born with only 10% or so of a normal sized brain..she wasn't expected to survive very long either, but incredibly went on to become a wife, a mother and held down a responsible profession of hospital ward Sister / Nurse.

With a little luck, we can do things that most people would think impossible.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The Brain is amazing in its ability to adapt to damage, and re-route some to all of whats needed around the damaged areas.

Dont see why this couldnt happen for the young boy... I hope he continues to astound the medical community.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

The use of our full sized brains is miniscule. This story is inspiring and educational and I sincerely hope the medical profession learn from this.

"incompatable with life indeed"! The arrogance. Life will always find its own way.

I will be following this story in the future.

edit on 28-10-2015 by NewzNose because: added content

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

So you think this child will have a full normal life?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

The use of our full sized brains is miniscule.

We use 100% if our brains.

Back top OP. Brainstem + so young could explain this. I don't expect to see anywhere near full brain function as development continues. That's assuming everything in the article is true, of course.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I wouldn't think this possible without the cerebral cortex. Brain stem serves for autonomic function.

I'm going to see if my anatomy professor has some insight on Thursday. This is definitely really interesting!

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: NewzNose

So you think this child will have a full normal life?

Hopefully he will have as normal a life as is possible...whatever normal actually is.

It's happened before to other people with severe brain injuries or malformations who went on to live what we would consider to be normal lives, so it might be that way for this kid too.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Nurse without full brain

She was left with only 15 per cent of her brain and there was little hope she could lead a normal life. But she defied the experts to become an astonishing success story.

Now 39, Mrs Parker is a nurse with a high IQ who is happily married with three children. 'I should not be where I am today, doctors told my parents I wouldn't survive,' she said yesterday.

'But here I am and I never question whether or not I'm normal because this is normal for me. This is who I am and I just get on with it.' She was diagnosed with congenital hydrocephalus - water on the brain - when she was nine months old.

So, a very similar story to that of the Boy in this OP..the Human capacity to cope in the face of adversity is impressive.

edit on 28 10 2015 by MysterX because: inserted link

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hyperia, I'll bite - and sorry if I've missed it somewhere else, but what theory?
edit on 1015310610am4331America/ChicagoWed, 28 Oct 2015 06:26:43 -0500 by MythMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Isn't there a "brain" type formation in the solar plexus? Could this take over some of the functions of the missing brain? And the word "mum" is just a sound and may not be related to the child understanding that "mum" means mother.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
A friend from work son was born with 1/2 a brain literally.. The Doctors claimed he wouldn't have any kind of quality of life. That was 18 years ago, he is now trying to get his drivers license and graduate from high school. To meet him you can tell he has some issues but from what was predicted to where he's at now is truly amazing.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This is an interesting story, the day starts early for me so I'll
be back to read the article
edit on 28-10-2015 by amsterdamn87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Seems very unlike you ATS.

You aren't asking for video proof this time.
Just a looong wall of text saying the same over and over.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I wonder if it's not the soul that is adapting to what God has given it to work with ? Kind of a chicken ,egg thing but who can say for sure .....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join