It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK political correctness gone barmy!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Political correctness will ruin Britain.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I was homeless on and off for years. Most likely I've slept rough, sometimes in dangerous places, far more often than anyone else on this thread. I don't frame her as cold and heartless at all. Didn't she say she's given him food and money in the past? Most people give nothing.

I never begged money, except from pavement artists, but I did hitch hike, which is basically begging. I've had literally thousands of lifts from good people. The longest I was stuck in one place was 16 hours. In that time a great many drivers chose to give nothing. When you beg you give people the opportunity to be generous. Not all take that opportunity.

I never used any organised mechanism for help because my state of mind did not allow that kind of interaction. There will always be those who fall through the gaps. For these people only plain human kindness will help. Saved my skin more than once.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Possibly the best parody of a BS comment I've ever seen.

Star for your comedy efforts.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now

I had to laugh when I got to the bit about the fire. It's so typical. You try to help and next thing you know the fire brigade are there for four hours to make things safe. Then I got to the bit about weeks of suffering from smoke inhalation and permanent fire anxiety for your daughter and I sobered up quick. You learned the hard way. It's a common story.

She wants to change but she hasn't been able to. It'll be a miracle if she does, but miracles do happen.

A friend of mine, a female biker, let a local troubled guy stay for a few days. She found he was spitting behind the sofa and told him firmly to stop. He was sleeping on the rug in front of the fire. After he'd left a few days later she discovered he'd been lifting up the edge of the rug and spitting there instead. He's an extraordinary character, he's very well known and very much loved. It's easy to preach tolerance for his eccentricities when he isn't spitting in your house.

His behaviour is unlike anyone I've ever met. He hides behind trees, sometimes charges at you cursing, seems to have the ability to guess the childhood nickname you were teased with, manipulates a group of people with a few words then disappears with a laugh and after a few minutes everyone catches on that he just played them all like a fiddle.

He has frightening strength. I once saw him discover a black alkathene pipe attached to a tap he got water from. He screamed and grabbed the pipe, bent it back and forth several times and tore it in half. It's easy to see how someone like this can be intimidating and not a welcome house guest, but I've never heard any suggestion of him actually harming anyone.

edit on 29 10 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join