It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do aliens want us to know they exist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
They KNOW they exist and that's all that matters! Aliens don't give a hoot whether we believe they exist. Our opinions don't matter one iota to their existence.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Annee

(I also started thinking maybe this is why a lot of women don't like insects, because maybe they can see all of the details I normally can't see?)

LOL, I think that's funny.

I personally think insects are incredibly fascinating ---- it's just that feeling of crawling that freaks me out.

But, snakes and reptiles don't bother me.

That's kind of how my Mom is. She doesn't flinch with insects, but doesn't like them crawling on her. She doesn't like snakes at all though. But that's because she had to deal with snakes in trees when she was a child (picked oranges at a job while in middle & high school); at home, because one side of her family loves snakes & kept them as pets (if you're ever bored, look into the snake handlers from Benin); and when "stray" snakes would occasionally come into their house & they'd have to catch them. And sorry for the reeeally long run-on sentence.

I had pet snakes. Not dangerous ones. I think that's kinda stupid --- unless you have a really good reason.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

(I also started thinking maybe this is why a lot of women don't like insects, because maybe they can see all of the details I normally can't see?)

LOL, I think that's funny.

I personally think insects are incredibly fascinating ---- it's just that feeling of crawling that freaks me out.

But, snakes and reptiles don't bother me.

That's kind of how my Mom is. She doesn't flinch with insects, but doesn't like them crawling on her. She doesn't like snakes at all though. But that's because she had to deal with snakes in trees when she was a child (picked oranges at a job while in middle & high school); at home, because one side of her family loves snakes & kept them as pets (if you're ever bored, look into the snake handlers from Benin); and when "stray" snakes would occasionally come into their house & they'd have to catch them. And sorry for the reeeally long run-on sentence.

I had pet snakes. Not dangerous ones. I think that's kinda stupid --- unless you have a really good reason.

Oh, the snake handlers from Benin (in Africa) use pythons. I think it's the Kentucky snake handlers who use rattlesnakes. Some of my cousins in Florida have pythons to this day.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The want us to know and they don't. They make themselves known in an ambiguous way. They let us see them but then disappear into the shadows. This is the way it has always been. They set up their contactees and then tear them down by discrediting them (Adamski? Meier?). They are creating a ufo myth and they do this by creating a sieve; they create belief to draw many people to them and filter out a few. They send the rest away in confusion and disbelief. This is how their selection process works. Their purpose is to create a core of true believers and leave the rest in confusion. This is why the myth was created. Ufos in the skies are part of this mythmaking. Instead of communicating with us directly they use the language of myth to get our attention.

They do this so that they can have influence in this world through the few they have selected. They want to work in secret, because their agenda is secret.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

I haven't read all the posts but my belief is basically this: Aliens have a certain protocol to integrating primitive species into the galactic society. Humans are simply too immature yet and we need to develop more on our own before we're ready. We can't even imagine the impact that would occur if aliens along with their technology were introduced to the world.It could be detrimental at this point. Aliens have probably been through this situation with other species and are taking a wise approach by keeping us in the dark until we're ready. And let's face it, once the cats out of the bag there's no going back.So because of this the aliens are working together with our governments to keep us from knowing the truth until we're ready.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator People around the globe and some user on this site don't even recognize the authority of the UN. We don't have an organization that's authority is universally recognized in international matters. Until that happens your going to have to wait for ET and his gang to decide one day to reveal themselves.

Not a church goer, but that sounds pretty "end timesy". Not sure I want to meet the alien society which is so concerned over our lack of a central government. Seems concerning. Aren't there any "Live and let live" alien societies out there that want to meet us? Or are they all wearing jackboots?

And the answer to the OP is obviously, "No", assuming aliens exist.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnPassant They are creating a ufo myth

This I can almost believe

They do this so that they can have influence in this world through the few they have selected. They want to work in secret, because their agenda is secret.

This is also a little concerning

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
There's seems to be an endless amount of reasons they wouldn't want us to know they exist, so I would like to pose the question, what would give aliens a reason to make their existence known?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
To be quite honest with you - NO! Did we want the Indians to know we exist? I don't think so!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I was like the OP sometime ago, confident of some amount of otherwordly presence. What convinced me were all the witnesses and people I've known in life. It's hard to dismiss what people say, especially if they're explaining something nuts and bolts. Yet when it's all said and done, those're just stories. Give me an alien body or a piece of the spaceship. /sigh.

I'm not so confident anymore about anything. Yet like hte OP I've lost a lot of faith in people, yet this extends to everything, including myself. I've failed on too many levels. And there're so many possibilities to explain what's going on. I can't stretch my mind far enough. I don't know. Just a child. But we're bound to find something. If you assume all of our science institutions are genuine and things really are as they appear to be, well we're eventually going to either find out there're no aliens in the nearby galaxy or there're. How can that be avoided unless we become extinct?

Sometimes I also wonder if all of this is just a phase or a school. Maybe hte real discovery happens when it's all done and our body dies and we wake up. Just like the religious followers tell us, except they embrace the so called spiritual truths while alive. I don't believe any of it of course--I see it as a evolutionary crutch--but I got to keep an open mind.

Don't be jaded though. Don't give up. There's so much to do and know. There's a lot beauty if you're willing to work hard.

God, The Universe and Everything Else:

edit on 11/3/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/3/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
After putting a minor amount of effort into trying to understand if aliens would make contact, I've come to the conclusion that they most definitely do, but like another member said, they are only isolated encounters. Why isolated though? To put out information, or disinformation maybe, DNA harvesting, crossbreeding, maybe even terraforming,( not sure if that's spelled right). Maybe they get their kicks from scaring the living **it out of people. Religion can also be to blame,(no offence to the religious members out there). I've only had one face to face encounter and that was literally in a reflection in the mirror, when I was 6. And that's still fresh in my mind and I'm 27 now. So why would they make themselves known? After I've had more time to think about it, ill be back with a more thought out idea. And thanks guy I'm really enjoying this thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87
I think the prevailing reason why anybody would dismiss aliens having visited us is premised on the notion our science and government institutions would: A) be able to observe aliens B) tell us.

I think most people feel this way. It's not religious in origin. If it were, we'd be hearing a lot more about demonic aliens, I think. Instead we mostly hear from people like Carl Sagan (deceased), Seth Shostak, Brian Cox, Bill Nye, Phil Plait and ATS's Jim Oberg, all of which're heavily science-oriented and present strong arguments against ET being here at this time. What's more compelling is this stance is almost unanimous among scientists, even though they're coincidentally almost universally convinced life IS elsewhere. The key to take home is they--and most of us--are in agreement.

I think it's highly likely there're no aliens YET. This goes against the grain of my history, given I've researched the topic and at various times in my life believed some of the witness reports out there. There indeed exist lots of accounts from all avenues of life. There're everyday people reporting UFO's and professionals, including police officers, pilots and military. I've spoken to people personally as well, and that's maybe the predominant reason I gave any of the official reportings credibility. But again commmon sense and repeated studies lead us to believe these're misidentifications of natural or manmade phenomena. How can it be so many events can occur without a single reliable piece of evidence to prove or disprove the presence of intelligent aliens? It's implausible.

Part of me is still with you on the possibility something has been here, but more and more I find myself being very cautious about making that jump, since there's been so much BS. Please excuse this ONE post. My previous post, I think, was more middleground and introspective.
edit on 11/6/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reece
I haven't read all the posts but my belief is basically this: Aliens have a certain protocol to integrating primitive species into the galactic society.

Yeah, I saw Contact, also. Personally, if there are thousands or millions of alien species out there in the vastness of the universe, I find it extremely difficult to believe that they all agree on this one thing (or anything). So while some aliens might have a Prime Directive of non-interference, I think that just as many would have a Prime Directive of devouring all other life.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite
Well the argument against that reasoning, other members have proposed,(and I agree with) is if they were able to come here from light years away, it would be plausible for them to have the technology to be undetectable. And if governments did know and didn't want disclosure, it would be easy to put out a gag order. I believe they're plenty of credentialed scientist that are arguing that we do and are frequently visited. If there isn't anyone visiting, then the governments are experimenting, on a global scale, with technology 1000s of years ahead of our public technology (maybe that's a bit of a stretch). But I stand by my belief that we are being visited. There are too many sightings reported for it to be misidentification, unless its military aircraft, but if it is military, then maybe , just maybe we have the tech to travel the galaxy, which still points to the odds being in favor of alien contact.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
No, aliens do not want us to know they exist. That's why they have worked so hard to train hybrid aliens to blend in to human society, using abductees to teach them what they need to know to go undetected. How to act in public, how to live in an apartment, or attend school, how to interact without raising suspicion.

Trouble is, they are not interested in learning about our beliefs, morals, ethics, liberties, or our individuality. They have no interest in our art, music, literature, entertainment, fun, free time, love, family bonds, or anything else that actually matters.

They don't want to learn from us, or join our society. Rather, they are only interested in going undetected as they implement whatever their goal is.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: trueskepticnumberone

Saw a documentary on that , turns out if you have special sunglasses you can see them.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Saw a documentary on that , turns out if you have special sunglasses you can see them.

RIP Roddy.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I believe they want us to find out globally

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Cute, but you'll find out I'm right.

You, however, are living in a Scooby-Doo cartoon. Where the aliens are always just businessmen in masks trying to scare people away from investment properties.

And they'd have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Cute, but you'll find out I'm right.

If they don't want us to know they exist how do you know you're right ?

You, however, are living in a Scooby-Doo cartoon.

I'm living in the real world and in the real world there is not one shred of real evidence to support Alien visitation , you seem to be living in the same fantasy I was living in just a few years ago.

UFOs and the mythology that surrounds them is far more complex than you think.

Rooooby Rooooby Rooooo

edit on 11-11-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join