It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do aliens want us to know they exist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Greetings- Assalam Alaikum- I just got in from My 'Morning Meds' when I walk out and grab a fishing rod or 2 and make a few casts. I did pick up a 'traveler' and this would be best described as a 'Sand Bug' (mite) these are Your "pieces of sand".. they too are 'Alive' I knocked it off My leg and it looked like a speck of sand walking across the deck..

So if that "sounds crazy" I don't mind as I don't have the volume turned up and can't "hear" them anyway ..

namaste

Greetings & Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

If you ever get bored, do a Google image search for "insects electron microscope". Some of the most basic insects look like absolute monsters when we see them in detail. Kind of like this. (note: if anyone hates insects, don't click that.)

That's actually what made me first think about aliens being that small. Because it's incredible that so many miniature "monsters" live around us, crawl on us, and fly around us daily, and we usually don't notice them. So if there were aliens and they were disguised as insects, I doubt anyone would notice. (I also started thinking maybe this is why a lot of women don't like insects, because maybe they can see all of the details I normally can't see?)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

And a gray alien look similar to an octopus.

The black almond eyes, the silky skin, etc.

Things look larger and scarier when you are afraid of it.
edit on 28-10-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

And a gray alien look similar to an octopus.

The black almond eyes, the silky skin, etc.

Things look larger and scarier when you are afraid of it.

True. Normally, I don't have a problem with spiders. But seeing pictures of them from an electron microscope makes me weary of them. They look way more menacing & "alien" than the accounts I've heard of alien beings.

Sometimes I also wonder if viruses are a kind of invention sent by extraterrestrial life. Like if viruses are the physical version of an algorithm sent to have specific effects on the lifeforms they encounter. I'm probably overthinking this topic though.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It seems like this thread is headed the way I hoped it would, so many different ideas. It's great to see a discussion being open mindedly and positively escalate. Good job guys

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Yes but not to a mass scale, at least yet. A lot of humans are not ready for it to be frank. Hence, why some individuals are picked and abducted.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

The most interesting UFO story still is the one with the 10Minuteman. Even made it to be news telegraph
As i see it, we know about aliens.

But disclosure won't happen for a while. Militaries don't like to admit they're hopelessly inferior.
edit on 29-10-2015 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
greetings to all earthlings

I have a message for ATS readers.

WE DONT CARE!!

haha
a reply to: _damon
this!

what you wrote is very interesting. I am also of the same understanding that if they have concurred their desires for resources in a way which enables them space travel than they are probably spiritually far ahead of us. If you look at us and the way our global mentality is, well it is nothing good and much needs to change if we are to continue our stay on this planet in the aspect of our awareness towards nature and animals.

Any space travel civ. would need to pass that curb. They have to have much more responsibility because they are probably in possession of a weapons of unimaginable power. Nuclear power for them must be like toys for children! Think about that for a moment.
They need to have deeper understanding about the real nature of things and are not egoistic or else they would have destroyed each other like we are doing currently. Or at least they are very connected internally so that they did not yet destroy themselves and maybe hate other races...

I, for the record cannot imagine anything good if humans would possess this kind of power. We are to immature to use it properly and we would destroy everything, that is why we are all still playing games like country vs. country. Once we unite and think more akin to - we are one - humans - than real progress will start.

With great power comes great responsibility.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

To go further with Your 'thought'.. Maybe ALL the bugs are folks who've evolved to the point where they have returned in smaller bodies/vessels to take up less room? I know as I get 'older' I have less desire to use/consume (in My world there is no 'death' that 'energy' is just transferred at 'the end' and remember what they typed about 'the end' It'll all work out in 'the end', if it hasn't worked out, it isn't 'the end'...)

Although The Tao teaches Us that there are far too many names already We will call this "downsizing"...

I saw a PBS NOVA show last night that showed some Guinea Pigs that lived in the Andes and they appeared to be quite content..

Have a pleasant day.

namaste

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Those who are in the know, are totally aware that there are extra terrestrial beings. And many say they come here quite frequently.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

... I'm just throwing ideas out. I just think too many people prematurely limit themselves when it comes to extraterrestrial life.

I know.

And I don't think it would be in the spirit of the thread to stop the ideas flowing and getting sidetracked. So carry on with the free thinking my friend.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87

Now if they did want us to know, they would of been in our faces about it and disclosure wouldn't be avoidable. But my conclusion is that disclosure won't happen because there is an agenda, whatever it is. If there ever is a disclosure, I believe it will be because of an imminent danger. This is all just an idea, so take it with a grain of salt. But I do believe this is a good topic to discuss, so let me know what you guys think.

Amst

This is how I feel. They obviously don't want us to know that they are here and/or visiting us. If they did then it would be very easy for them to show themselves.

There are lots of reasons I think that they wouldn't show themselves. Maybe they are the last of their kind and came here as a last resort and don't have the power to over come us. Maybe they are creating alien hybrids with us. Maybe there are microbes on our planet that would wipe them out like in War of the Worlds. There's really an endless amount of reasons and we may never know in our lifetime.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

To go further with Your 'thought'.. Maybe ALL the bugs are folks who've evolved to the point where they have returned in smaller bodies/vessels to take up less room? I know as I get 'older' I have less desire to use/consume (in My world there is no 'death' that 'energy' is just transferred at 'the end' and remember what they typed about 'the end' It'll all work out in 'the end', if it hasn't worked out, it isn't 'the end'...)

Although The Tao teaches Us that there are far too many names already We will call this "downsizing"...

I saw a PBS NOVA show last night that showed some Guinea Pigs that lived in the Andes and they appeared to be quite content..

Have a pleasant day.

namaste

I like that way of thinking. I agree that it would be much more efficient to keep getting smaller rather than bigger. Like you said, it requires far fewer resources. And after seeing how fast computers have shrunk, I can't even imagine how small our own technology will be in another 50 years. So just imagine the technology from a stable alien civilization that may be millions of years more advanced than we are!

I could see the more advanced "spaceships" being bird sized or smaller. They could have wireless communication systems and miniature 3D printers (to "create" tools & replacement parts when needed); while absorbing energy from their environments (like solar & wind). I even imagine them having onboard chemistry tools that break down the soil & rocks to extract the specific resources they need for their 3D printers.

In other words, I can imagine advanced "space craft" as being vessels that repair themselves, "digest" things from their environments, can create new parts when needed, and can relay their observations to each other wirelessly. If their hardware designs are simple enough, maybe they could 3D print additional versions of themselves once they've accumulated enough necessary resources (sound familiar? he he).

So I guess I typed all of that to say you may be right. Perhaps "living organisms" are a version of that.

originally posted by: mirageman

... I'm just throwing ideas out. I just think too many people prematurely limit themselves when it comes to extraterrestrial life.

I know.

And I don't think it would be in the spirit of the thread to stop the ideas flowing and getting sidetracked. So carry on with the free thinking my friend.

Thanks. And I knew you had no negative intentions. And you could be right, too. The possibilities for alien life can be incredibly complicated or incredibly simple. I'm actually expecting the first alien life we recognize to be microbes or some weird fungus living in the clouds or lakes throughout our solar system. And I'm secretly hoping they didn't have DNA at all, but something entirely different.

You can probably tell that this is a passion of mine. But I've told myself I can't focus on it completely until I finish with my activism. (can activists actually "retire"? that seems weird now that I think about it)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: juliorichanos
I think its probable, that humans will find out about aliens in this lifetime, just unlikely it will happen in the form of disclosure. With all the "discoveries" that are being announced about planets and moons having liquid water. Something is up in my opinion, bit only time will tell.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
There are so many possibilities that a more intelligent life form can stay hidden and really i dont see any reason to reveal themselves if a race were more primitive. Unless it was for sexual purposes. I dont even think that resources here would make any difference 'cause there are too many planets out there and this one probably does not have anything that would be easier to transport or take.

And to the memeber who claimed the *greys* are aliens, seems more likely TO ME that they are the creations of the primary beings and not THE actual beings. They are just like drones and not that I am saying the *greys* were actually here.

Could it be because with so many planets and many close enough to their star to support life that they are no more technologically advanced than we are or some even less so? I dont know, but why are they always hundreds and thousands of years more advanced? Because we want them to be? Because of the movies we see?

Really do we even know how we ended up here? how we came about? Even if one were to believe in evolution, how did it go from nothing to human sitting at his computer typing onto a screen, then i hit the send button and the data goes through the pipe and is displayed for everyone to see? maybe if we figure that out we would figure out so much more. And yet...I dont see us getting any further, does not look likely. Sure the german guy inventing the rockets and the Wankel engine but...i think we are gonna be stuck here by ourselves for at least a few hundred years...or not, could be less.
edit on 29-10-2015 by Harvin because: Editing and Adding

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
If they do exist which I strongly believe they do, it is they who want us to not see them as if they did then they could get it done.

But just like our basic rules of learning or seeing something new we conceptualize, we observe then we observe closer then we observe even closer. The less interaction you have with a subject of observation the more likely the results you get will be 100% pure.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

I couldn't agree more!

edit on 31-10-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87
Hello again ATS. So I come posing the question, do aliens want us to know they exist? My conclusion is no.

My personal opinion is the Intergalactic Universe is very political with a governing body.

Like countries have to apply to be part of the UN, earth would have to apply to join the Intergalactic Federation (yes it sounds like Star Trek, but I'm serious).

I think there probably is something along the lines of a Prime Directive and earth is still too primitive.

Do I think we've been "checked out"? Yes.

Could there be some renegades who want us to know off planet beings are real? Yes.

Have top world leaders been contacted? I think probably.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
(I also started thinking maybe this is why a lot of women don't like insects, because maybe they can see all of the details I normally can't see?)

LOL, I think that's funny.

I personally think insects are incredibly fascinating ---- it's just that feeling of crawling that freaks me out.

But, snakes and reptiles don't bother me.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
They do what they have to do in secret, erase memories, and operate in a way you could describe as stealth. They're not gods, not perfect, so sometimes they just fail a bit. Nothing to worry about, status quo still persists despite all the cases that had been reported. Nothing in life is black or white. They try hard to remain anonymous, they just sometimes make mistakes.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
(I also started thinking maybe this is why a lot of women don't like insects, because maybe they can see all of the details I normally can't see?)

LOL, I think that's funny.

I personally think insects are incredibly fascinating ---- it's just that feeling of crawling that freaks me out.

But, snakes and reptiles don't bother me.

That's kind of how my Mom is. She doesn't flinch with insects, but doesn't like them crawling on her. She doesn't like snakes at all though. But that's because she had to deal with snakes in trees when she was a child (picked oranges at a job while in middle & high school); at home, because one side of her family loves snakes & kept them as pets (if you're ever bored, look into the snake handlers from Benin); and when "stray" snakes would occasionally come into their house & they'd have to catch them. And sorry for the reeeally long run-on sentence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join