It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Jobs! (plus IE 6)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
While all the politicians still get their paychecks, I can't find a job shoveling # in my local newspaper!!
I know the economy is supposedly bad....is it still from 911?
could their actually be no companies looking for employees? I just dont understand how that can be.

I dont have an extensive education or work history, I only expect to be able to find somthing...anything...but their doesnt seem to be too much these days.

why do we keep paying these" leaders" (politicians)? they are not helping me in any way whatsoever. In fact all it seems they do is help other countries problems!

oh yeah I had to switch back to IE 6 after trying firefox... why cant they make a browser that actually works and is fast.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qlone
oh yeah I had to switch back to IE 6 after trying firefox... why cant they make a browser that actually works and is fast.

I've just this minute switched to Firefox, IE just decided i couldn't have more than one window open at a time so.....i've gone with firefox

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

Originally posted by Qlone

I've just this minute switched to Firefox, IE just decided i couldn't have more than one window open at a time so.....i've gone with firefox

I had the same problem with IE 6. It just up and decided that I only needed one window and also limited how many times I surfed to other sites before
having an fatal error. I even reinstalled my whole operating system from the
Win98 disk to get a clean install of IE, and it still insisted on not working. I went to Firefox and haven't had any crashes since I got it 4 months ago.

Don't get me started about jobs. I am on SS disability and had to find the first available job I could find no matter how menial due to my income being cut. I only applied for minimum wage jobs/part-time and applied for 23 jobs in a month and 1/2. No one was even interested in hiring for these jobs with high turn over rates. I would hate to have to try to go back to my higher paying skilled work - I doubt it would be worth the time to energy to even
update my resume. Another thing that kills me is you take the time to write out your resume and they still want you to fill out the application. If I actually get an interview I would do so, otherwise it is just a waste of time, making employment even more of an employers market.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by ben91069]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
IE sucks. Really badly. I haven't used it in a couple years, except for one some stupid program opens a window in IE, which then leads to everything freezing.

I use Netscape or Opera.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't know if you're aware, Qlone, but unemployment is relatively low right now. Maybe you're just not looking hard enough?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
I don't know if you're aware, Qlone, but unemployment is relatively low right now. Maybe you're just not looking hard enough?

I believe Qlone...I too am in the same boat. I do have a job though be it part time, I sit in apartments and make sure the people doing the remodeling work do not do more than remodel. However I do post at least 1 normally 2-3 resumes each day online. Though I am a computer tech, I have giving up finding anything worthwhile in the area, and now consider any thing a good op. BTW I speak read and write fluent spanish,am a CNA, Microsoft A+ Tech. You would think that in the area where I live, being bi-lingual would be an advantage.....it's not.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am unemployed too......
I used to be a mechanical engineer, but we all know what happened to manufacturing in the US, right? Poof. Gone.

I waited out the recession by studying environmental science. Bad choice......gov scaled back all regs. And jobs.

I am qualified to be a secretary or office clerk, but no one picks me for these jobs because I have too much education (thats what I've been told)---they are worried I would quit for something better. Yeah? What?

Now I am a Slacker. And PROUD of it!!!!!
I am trying to pursue something in real estate......maybe paralegal studies.

Unemployment is REALLY BAD here in Chicago. I know at least 6 people who cannot find work---and these are well trained/educated people with MS, etc.
So much for Higher education.

I will say this: In this time of slacking I have learned ALOT about computers!
I scanned through a large text about the internet and said to myself "Hey! I already know all this stuff!!!!" Whooo Hooo!!! I's gettin smart!!!!!!

In an odd way, I still want to pursue more scientific education, although I know it will do me NO good at all. It will just price me out of the engineering market, and there is no way in hell I'm working for the government! I still want the Phd. though!

I have a little mental bet going with myself: Which will come first? Phd? Full blown alcoholism? or Insanity?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niki
I have a little mental bet going with myself: Which will come first? Phd? Full blown alcoholism? or Insanity?

Maybe you will get the Phd, find out you still cant get a job, become an alcoholic, and then become insane enough to be happy again!?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Unless you have a bachelor or masters degree or are related to someone in a "medium sized" company or are merchandising something, your screwed and always endangered of losing your job. Can we make the job market an employees job market?

top topics

join