It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nunchucks chosen as a nonlethal alternative for California police dept

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
In the west the nunchuck has reached mythical status, like the Katana.

Just having one on your belt will likely cause people to back down after thinking twice, at least thats probably the idea.

One weapon however is the real answer..

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
are the batons and sticks and tasers they already have sufficient and even superior to a nunchuk? yes.

Taser yes.... if it's nunchaku vs. batons or stick .... then NO! That is if your a Dog Brother haha.... The nunchaku is far superior against those two.

But yeah batons and sticks are far better for law enforcement, it's already been proven that cops can't handle nunchuks, by accidental locking and breaking peoples arms etc.. What a nightmare if cops get chuxs again.... do people forget the past?

edit on 2-11-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Bedlam

I'm not sure what gap in the force spectrum it's filling. Any of this stuff you could do with a PR24, and with a lot less training to be proficient.

Nunchaku provide more reach than batons or tonfa, can be used to disarm an opponents weapon, use as painful come along, choke someone and direct magnified force from a strike that can't be achieved with a baton or tonfa.

"Disarm an opponent's weapon"? Are you serious.?This isn't #ing naruto, this is real life bro. I don't even know what to say to this, I really don't. If you think Nun Chuks are the solution to cops problems, or are a practical weapon in the street scuffles cops get into with crooks, I don't know how to help you.

I'm against the cops adopting them, your misunderstanding of that is only matched by your ignorance of how Nunchaku (not "Nun Chuks", Chuk) can used to "disarm an opponent". One way, 4 minutes into hereā€¦

I see your highly choreographed hollywood film and raise you a real street scuffle police get into

Tell me, outside of being a Nunchaku expert, do you really think it would have been practical for a cop to use them to try to disarm this guy?

Second: People get pissed off when a cop even wrestles someone down who is resisting arrest. Claiming they should follow the suspect, don't approach him, wait for backup, blah blah blah. How do you think they would feel if a cop clobbered a suspect in the face with Nunchaku then put him in a chokehold?

Third: I don't honestly remember the last time I saw a cop carrying a billy club. How many cops carry still carry batons anyway? Theirs way to much controversy around someone beating someone with a club this day and age, hell, it's hard to even deploy a taser.

To much controversy over using clubs, coupled with the unrealistic amount of training that will be required to use Nunchaku effectively, and not mentioning that Tasers are pretty effective pretty much seals the fate of this idea I think.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

To much controversy over using clubs, coupled with the unrealistic amount of training that will be required to use Nunchaku effectively, and not mentioning that Tasers are pretty effective pretty much seals the fate of this idea I think.

I agree.

But batons have their use for crowd control in riots. I don't mean bashing heads either. Horses are old school too, but also very effective. They both can form a line and prevent a crowd form entering an area or push them back.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join