It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embedded Out-of-Pocket Medical Requirement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: schuyler

hmmm.....my husband has never been on my policy....so this is new to me.
I wonder if that holds for children as well.

You're telling me if one spouse has some huge mountain of medical bills....none of it counts toward the deductible or out of pocket maximum?????

Gratitude - paying $40.00 for health insurance!

Thanks for that post.....it made me realize I left out a word....MORE.
$40 MORE per month....$480 per year....my wages did no go up, BTW....yet I must still subsidize this government/insurance company rip-off
And, I still have a $6300. deductible.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
originally posted by: FyreByrd

DontTreadOnMe: Thanks for that post.....it made me realize I left out a word....MORE.
$40 MORE per month....$480 per year....my wages did no go up, BTW....yet I must still subsidize this government/insurance company rip-off
And, I still have a $6300. deductible.

Prepare to be 'forcibly held healthy' until medicare/Medicaid eligibility kicks in.
edit on 28-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Prepare to be 'forcibly held healthy' until medicare/Medicaid eligibility kicks in.

I had to laugh at this. That's exactly what I did. I retired at 55 and lost my medical benefits. I was forced onto the open markets where full coverage was something like $700 per month. I took a "catastrophe" insurance plan for about $200 a month that had a high deductible. My reasoning was that if I DID get sick and use up that high deductible, it would be the same cost I would pay if I had had a full coverage policy. If I DID NOT get sick, I'd save $500 a month. ($700-$200=$500)

It was a complete gamble on my part where I had to consider my own medical history. I did this for ten whole years, won the bet, and saved $60,000 in premiums I would have paid. Now my premium is $27 per month for full coverage with drugs. I don't recommend this for everyone because YMMV, but it worked for me.
edit on 10/28/2015 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Insurance companies require you to live in fear (money to be made). I am so glad that worked out for you. I retired at 45 (living dangerously) I threaten my body everyday "I AM IN CHARGE"; you have a God paying attention; and if any of you as individual cells do anything to sabotage my plan for total health, mind and well being; you will die as well; work smart with the other organs.

edit on 28-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join