It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, ATS: How would you define, "race"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: Spider879

use that to justify oppressing groups of people they dislike based off whatever arbitrary sliding scale they employ.

Humans may not be as close as chimps.... But dont kid yourself... we are also a part of the animal kingdom on earth. Different groups of humans have certain different physical, biological, physiological and neurobiological traits. This is simple genetics...

Going by genetics alone an african from the USA is very different from an african from Ghana but an african from the USA is similar to a european from the USA. Strange but true.

it is not politically correct to say that to people think alike based on all these parameters, but in 90% of the individuals of the world... this IS the case.

I actually wish i had your class in school in this issue, i would've nailed it.... but im not gonna give a dissertation on ATS!

either way, i have oh so much more logic but not gonna type it all up now! lets just say... there is so much more to say...

Going by genetics as a basis for race there should be "continental groups". Humans vary genetically based on the continent they are on more than the "race" they are labeled as.

A person in the Americas is more genetically similar to another person in Americas regardless of "race" than a person in Europe,Africa or Asia.

But most people use hair,skin tone,bone structure as a basis for race.
Which is it?
Physical body structure or genetics?
edit on 8-11-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

edit on 8-11-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed paragraph

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join