It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuition fees and sugardaddies: The rise of student prostitution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I honestly don't know what to make if this. I feel it's both funny and sad at the same time....
It's interesting when the reporter compares it to the Victorian era concept of having a "mistress"... a sure sign we are going backwards not forwards. This might even be a lot worse than idea concept of a mistress, because unless I'm mistaken it wasn't just older men and younger women, it was younger men and women too, and not always prostitutes. Who were someties in love but not married, either because they weren't allowed to get married because their parents wouldn't allow them to or because they were of a different social class... I'm not an expert on the history so don't hold me to that, but this seems worse, wouldn't you agree?

edit on 27-10-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If you ever get bored look at the sugar daddy apps. There are sooooooo many!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

My sociology lecturers would have a field day.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

What a sad world we live in. I can picture moneybags-corporate scum snickering about how College Education is so expensive and us regular "peasants" will send our children off to college, only to have to come groveling to these rich sociopaths to pay their way

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It's not any different than girl stripping to pay for college.

I don't see what the issue is. There are men who are willing to pay for the company of women. There are woman who are willing to be paid to provide their time and whatever else.

Two consenting adults can do as they please. If anything, this is caused by the increase in costs for education and a decrease in the actual quality of education they are getting.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Aren't British tuition's much lower than the United States? I'm actually surprised that's an issue there.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Two consenting adults can do as they please.

I agree. What business is it of ours what two ADULTS do with their own time, including sex?

We are so damn puritanical sometimes I find it laughable.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You have forgotten to present a source or news link..

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Did you miss the video?
Here it is again:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I, honestly, don't see anything wrong with this. It's consentual, among other things.

What people do, in their personal lives, that isn't against another's will, isn't abusive, etc. Is their own business.

If I was making money hand-over-fist, and single, and better-looking, I'd be willing to pay a bit just to have a few dinner-dates a week with a nice looking gal, who was intelligent and could carry on a conversation.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

They're still quite high on average £9000 per year I think... That's about $17000 ...

Add in top of that the decreased value of the degree and the high post grad unemployment rate, its not that much easier.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It's not any different than girl stripping to pay for college.

I don't see what the issue is. There are men who are willing to pay for the company of women. There are woman who are willing to be paid to provide their time and whatever else.

Two consenting adults can do as they please. If anything, this is caused by the increase in costs for education and a decrease in the actual quality of education they are getting.

~Tenth

Yes, but these dating sites that are specifically aimed at University students. Supposedly the most educated in our society.

I'm not absolutely against it, I'm just very concerned that it sounds like it's turning into a bandwagon...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It always existed, now it is more out in the open.. and for some reason it is acceptable...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I agree. What business is it of ours what two ADULTS do with their own time, including sex?

So you'd be happy to see your nations great university campuses turned into red light districts?

That's what this is.

link   
Oh, my bad thought I read that it was lower than in the States. It's not easy anywhere.

link   

Lmao...talk to me when it's 74k for a BS...and I got mine in 2 years not 4. My school didn't take summer break or any of that nonsense either. Oh and before anyone asks...yes its a for profit private college. Last I saw the tax records showed they made around 900 million on tuition in 2012 I think it was.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I have no issues with whatever consenting adults do with their time, money, and their bodies.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

How can you consider them the most well educated? They might one day be, but they're still being educated and regardless colleges and universities seem to simply prepare you for work. I suppose intelligence can be to some extent interpreted or defined differently.

link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So you'd be happy to see your nations great university campuses turned into red light districts?

That's what this is.
Haha. You've never been to college have you?

link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist

That's what this is.

I have no issues with what adults do with their time or their bodies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join