It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida’s New Anti-Gay, Anti-Woman Bill May Be the Most Malicious Yet

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Woohoo I hope this passes. I would love nothing more than to tell the mentally ill individuals who put on makeup and play dressup that I reserve my right to refuse service because the law says I can once again. It was starting to get boring to use the fact the the mentally ill individual who paid to be self mutilated frightens me and may be a threat to my safety based on my belief only an unstable person would willfully ingest manufactured drugs that compliment the destruction of your sanity in order to make the transition of mutilating their own body ( and paying to do so, with taxpayer money in some cases) and play dress up in order to pretend to be what they were not actually born. Plus the fact they may be armed is a threat to my safety and that of my shoppers. Even if not, I dont want a potential freak out moment due to the concoction of drugs the individual may be on and the effetcs on their already unstable mind.

Im not even religious, but I will use this to continue to keep those mentally ill out my shop thank you. I dont mind regular gays, they have no problem shopping. But there are some seriously crazy transgenders around here and it is easier to just keep them all out, and frankly my business actually is better in the few weeks that I have to try and find an excuse to keep them out.

I have successfully defended this right as an independent merchant to the local courts , and will continue to do so. Now thankfully this bill can hopefully just reduce the steps involved to keep out of the courtroom.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
Woohoo I hope this passes. I would love nothing more than to tell the mentally ill individuals who put on makeup and play dressup that I reserve my right to refuse service because the law says I can once again. It was starting to get boring to use the fact the the mentally ill individual who paid to be self mutilated frightens me and may be a threat to my safety based on my belief only an unstable person would willfully ingest manufactured drugs that compliment the destruction of your sanity in order to make the transition of mutilating their own body ( and paying to do so, with taxpayer money in some cases) and play dress up in order to pretend to be what they were not actually born. Plus the fact they may be armed is a threat to my safety and that of my shoppers. Even if not, I dont want a potential freak out moment due to the concoction of drugs the individual may be on and the effetcs on their already unstable mind.

Im not even religious, but I will use this to continue to keep those mentally ill out my shop thank you. I dont mind regular gays, they have no problem shopping. But there are some seriously crazy transgenders around here and it is easier to just keep them all out, and frankly my business actually is better in the few weeks that I have to try and find an excuse to keep them out.

I have successfully defended this right as an independent merchant to the local courts , and will continue to do so. Now thankfully this bill can hopefully just reduce the steps involved to keep out of the courtroom.

Thanks for putting the real mentality behind this sort of legislation on public display!

And please, let me be the first to congratulate you on your blatant bigotry and expressed ignorance here ...

... bravo.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

If I were a shop owner, I'd be afraid of homophobes walking into my store who might be armed, because they might just shoot one of my gay or transgender customers (who weren't hurting or threatening anyone) just cuz they don't like the looks of 'em. Yee hah.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

well sir thank you. I am not saying I am proud of it, but that I am entitled to that belief by the United States constitution, protected by the first amendment of the Bill of Rights. So hey man, sorry if you dont like it. It is what it is.

Wanna go catch a flick?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

You aren't "entitled to any belief" by the Constitution.

Some of your actions are protected by the Constitution from government interference.

It certainly is what it is, and what it is demonstrates the point better than any of us could have.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

right, yup I pretty much stated just the same. I guess it will just seem more "horrific" to your audience if you repeat it like a borken record though eh?

Your clearly not in favor of the law passing, but you probably dont live in Florida so really it is of no consequence to you. Law or no law, believing as I do, I will still make money and be a free man to protect my business as I please.

No amount of griping and attempt to play up an audience is going to change that.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

right, yup I pretty much stated just the same. I guess it will just seem more "horrific" to your audience if you repeat it like a borken record though eh?

Your clearly not in favor of the law passing, but you probably dont live in Florida so really it is of no consequence to you. Law or no law, believing as I do, I will still make money and be a free man to protect my business as I please.

No amount of griping and attempt to play up an audience is going to change that.

Not sure what you're on about now. I appreciate what you said and I congratulated you. I haven't used the word horrific or anything like it.

I'm an American. Floridians are also Americans. I care about what happens in America. In a few years when national equal rights legislation is passed, relics like your particular brand of bigotry will be a passing memory.

As far as you and your business goes for now ... why stop with bragging about it on an anonymous site on the internet?

Why not get you a big sign (neon would be a nice touch) and announce to the world that you don't mind the regular gays but any of those crazy transgender folks should stay the hell away from you.

Shout out your bigotry loud and proud for all to see. Why be subtle about it?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I will just respond to you privately if you prefer to go more personal into this topic.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I will just respond to you privately if you prefer to go more personal into this topic.

I'm not "going personal" at all. I've made public statements about your public expressions. Thanks all the same, I have no interest in communicating with you privately. Again, no one is trying to deprive you of your beliefs or the expression of your beliefs.

In all meanings of the word, your expressions here are bigoted. Bigotry, however, is not against the law.

Hopefully in FL, equal treatment will not be either.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I am interested at least in seeing which reps and districts vote in which direction. I suspect, as is usually the case in Florida, that the bigger metropolitan areas: Miami-Ft Lauderdale, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay region's reps will go against. The Panhandle and rural I suspect will vote in favor. Of course there will be pockets of surprise all over. Perhaps there is an on going effort now to document how this vote will go? Clearly party lines will be the defining factor if history says anything at all in our legislature.

Now personally, I dont believe this will pass regardless how I feel about it. But I know my state, and I have a very tingly suspicion that the vote will be closer than anticipated.

What else can you expect from the state that brought you homeless zombies from Miami and twice botched election results?? Eh well, I enjoy my beaches, sunshine, theme parks and night life. What more can a free man ask for??

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Fortunately for equal rights and equity before the law across the United States... the trend is seen here:

List of Cities and Counties offering LGBT Non-Discrimination Ordinances

At least 185 cities and counties prohibit discrimination on the basis of gender identity for both public and private employees. In addition, at least 20 cities and counties prohibit such discrimination in public employment only. Most but not all of these cities and counties are located in states that have a statewide non-discrimination policy for sexual orientation and/or gender identity.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Plus the fact they may be armed is a threat to my safety and that of my shoppers.

That's true for anyone that enters your shop...

You suspect it likely transgenders will be both armed and a threat to your shoppers because why??...

Essentially you don't understand them so they must be mentally unstable.

*shakes head* Some people I swear..

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

broken record for the most part. Individuals who self mutilate reproductive organs they were born with and want the world to acknowledge it, force them to see it, and accept it as normal or healthy are clearly insane by my interpretation of this behavior. Thats just really how simple it is. I dont need to read any papers or studies. I go by personal experience interacting with the humans I encounter in my life. Thats all there is to it.

But in any case, I think I would add another spin to this story. I think even if this did pass, would Governor Scott actually sign it into law or veto it??

I honestly do not believe he would even if his time is up. It would damage the party too much on the national spotlight. It may work in Arizona though, and possibly Kentucky.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

So the fact others have a very different interpretation based on their personal experiences means what to you? Are they mentally unstable for having a different interpretation of transgenders as well? Surely if you think their 'behavior' is clearly insane, then people that accept, and even encourage them, struggle with sanity? If you had your way would you want to ban people that support transgenders from your store?
edit on 30-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

oh yes, standing up for the right for a patient suffering from a brain tumor to have her needed tubal litigation done while she delivers a baby instead of forcing her to undergo another dangerous operation, well that is just so anti-christian!!!

I can't wait till christian couples get denied adoptions from christian adoption agencies because they aren't christian enough!! maybe that will end this happy hs!

edit on 30-10-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Okay, I'll bite. What kind of shop do you run that attracts so many transgender and gay customers?
edit on 30-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
While I don't think that any individual, by themselves or as a business owner should be forced to do business with customers they don't like...regardless of the reason, I think that if they refuse business they are a pretty stupid business owner. Individually? We all choose who we are friends with, who we associate with and who we don't.

If I disagree with your lifestyle...I shouldn't be forced to let you adopt my cat. In fact, I think that is completely legal. No one has the right to demand acceptance.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Expecting to be treated equitably is not demanding "acceptance."

Laws (such as this one) which bestow special rights on the religious are not equitable laws.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
WHADAYA say now?
www.redflagnews.com...

Also, that's in a state (Michigan) that doesn't have "sexual orientation" listed as a protected group, so it's perfectly legal to discriminate against them. ANYONE, Christian or Muslim or atheist, can legally discriminate against LGBT people.

Except where permitted by law, a person shall not:

(a) Deny an individual the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation or public service because of religion, race, color, national origin, age, sex, or marital status.

See? Perfectly legal to discriminate. It's not "right", but it's legal, so they can get away with it. Source

edit on 10/30/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kayrenee
a reply to: Darth_Prime

This idea that one can legislate morality frightens me so much. I will never understand it nor the notion that in order for one group of people to have rights and freedoms another group of people must have their rights and freedoms infringed upon. It's so backwards to me.

We are not suggesting that morality be legislated. No one is asking for acceptance. We're asking for equal treatment under the LAW.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join