It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida’s New Anti-Gay, Anti-Woman Bill May Be the Most Malicious Yet

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

choosing to sell, or not sell a cake is not choosing how to live your life, it's how to run your business and other people's lives,
attending the wedding would be choosing how you live your life, practicing safe sex yourself would be choosing how to live your life, carrying an unwanted pregnancy would be choosing how you live your life....
healthcare as well as insurance has been controlled by the state and federal government for a very long time, businesses have rules and regulations that they must follow, churches do to a lesser extent but they still have some restrictions if they want that magical little tax exemption, even the people have rules and regulations that they have to follow. none of us really have complete freedom to chose how we live our lives. there has to be a limit as to just how far one can take this "religious belief" escape hatch so they can live their lives like they want! heck I want to just go and remove myself from society and live in the national forest for awhile, I think that it might be spiritually more uplifing than staying in this society, I want to be in a situation when it is only God that I am depending on, not society, not a husband, and not those little pieces of worthless paper that everyone is working their arse off, begging the gov't for, or whatever they are doing so they can obtain their needs. Can I have a religious exemption for that one?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Are you from Florida?

I am and those who are pushing this bill are 'conservative' republicans and very much against gay marriage. I have no doubt the intentions of this bill are a backhanded way to discriminate.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Are you from Florida?

I am and those who are pushing this bill are 'conservative' republicans and very much against gay marriage. I have no doubt the intentions of this bill are a backhanded way to discriminate.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You seem to be operating under the delusion (perhaps one of many) that if someone advocates for equal rights and fair treatment for LGBT folks they must be LGBT themselves.

This is incorrect. In fact, most of the folks you see posting here in support of equal rights are NOT gay, Lesbian, bi, trans*, etc.

Not that I expect the facts to disturb your rants ... but I thought I'd make the effort to shine a bit of light into your darkness.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Let me see if I understand you ... going into a public business expecting to do business as the rest of the public does is attacking Christians now?

I'm beginning to see that any interaction at all with Christians is seen as some sort of attack.

If your religious beliefs don't allow you to do business with the whole public, don't open a public business.

That's not really difficult to understand.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You seem to be operating under the delusion (perhaps one of many) that if someone advocates for equal rights and fair treatment for LGBT folks they must be LGBT themselves.

Like 3% of the population got marriage equality all on their own.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We did not.

It is only by the support of faithful allies who actually believe in the US Constitution, equal rights and fair treatment, that we aren't still being arrested, jailed and tortured for our sexual orientation/gender identity.

I appreciate personally the support of everyone here who stands up for American ideals.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
@TsukiLunar Please be sarcasm because I wish not to don my Escape from LA gear just yet. Kurt bless.

edit on 29-10-2015 by TheToastmanCometh because: Post

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Let me see if I understand you ... going into a public business expecting to do business as the rest of the public does is attacking Christians now?

I'm beginning to see that any interaction at all with Christians is seen as some sort of attack.

If your religious beliefs don't allow you to do business with the whole public, don't open a public business.

That's not really difficult to understand.

BS! It's called freedom. Would you really do business with someone who didn't want LGBT in his place? Hell no you wouldn't. So, what's the problem? Go somewhere else and move on. But you can't do that because it eats you up inside when someone doesn't support your way of life.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Good gravy ... it really is not enough to shriek "freedom" as if that alone makes some kind of argument.

Any concept of American freedom involves equal rights and equity before the laws.

At least make your self aware of what the term public accommodation actually means.

... and stop trying to side-step the actual discussion with silly comments about me or anyone else. You don't know us, you don't know anything about us.

Demanding equity before the law is not "supporting my way of life." I give a hoot in hell what anyone (including you) thinks about my life.

Discuss the facts. I see you've left behind your insipid claim that anyone is attacking Christians.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I've said what I said and those are simply my opinions. Are you alright with that?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

those who are pushing this bill are 'conservative' republicans and very much against gay marriage. I have no doubt the intentions of this bill are a backhanded way to discriminate.

In fact, on the Facebook community page I posted earlier there was an exchange and one of the local Florida residents, who appeared to be intimately familiar with Rep. Gonzalez and his politics, said something similar to "I don't understand why you've always hated the gay community so much".

edit on 29-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What I am seeing on this thread is:

Gay people are out of the closet,
finally,
I personally think it is great,
I think we all think it is great.

Now the people who we think forced the gay people into the closet
need to go in a closet themselves and
hide their faith
because we think they are dangerous to us and to children
we think they are a bad example for everyone
so they need to keep their faith and their lifestyle in a closet.

So religious people,
go into the closet emptied by the gay people,
now to be tolerant and fair to all,
we will get the key and lock you in
so you will keep your lifestyle private
you will keep the thing that is most important in life to you private
where the rest of us don't have to see it or know about it.

That is what most of you are really saying.
In my opinion.

A truly loving, tolerant and caring person
would allow everyone to be out of the closet
and would be accepting of everyone
and would allow people to live life as they
choose. If that means that they alienate people,
well they will pay for it with their business.

To make it illegal to
live according to the lifestyle one chooses,
be it a gay lifestyle
or be it a religious lifestyle
that is wrong.

This bill is saying,
we must be as tolerant and loving
toward religious people
as we are toward Gay people.
We must accept the religious lifestyle
just as we accept the gay lifestyle.
We must not force gay people in the closet,
neither must we force religious people to
hide in the closet with their beliefs.

But it seems most of you are uncomfortable with
being loving, tolerant and kind toward religious
people and want to do what a school district recently
did with a coach:
tell him he can only pray behind the locked door of
his office where no children can see him pray.
www.wnd.com...
And so effectively told the religious person to
go into the closet and lock the door if he wanted
to live a his life according
to religious values.

edit on 7Thu, 29 Oct 2015 19:42:56 -0500pm102910pmk294 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So is cake, flowers or photography required to get a license?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Yeah we get it. You think the businesses should be free to discriminate anyone. Discriminated people will just have to suck it up and move on and go to other places of business that accept them.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

A truly loving, tolerant and caring person
would allow everyone to be out of the closet

A tolerant and caring person wouldn't refuse medical treatment to a human in need simply because that person is gay, antitheist, of an opposing religion, etc, etc.

That's what Dr. Gonzalez wants to do, and wants others the ability to do with immunity.

You and I have a very different understanding of what being a caring person entails.

immunity from liability for a health care facility or
health care provider that refuses to administer,
recommend, or deliver medical treatments or procedures
that would be contrary to religious or moral
convictions or policies

This bill is saying,
we must be as tolerant and loving
toward religious people

That speaks volumes about your faith if the manner you want to be loved comes at the expense of other peoples health.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
WHADAYA say now?
www.redflagnews.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Old, he wanted pictures on it, that is what they refused. Iirc many offered a basic cake.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
WHADAYA say now?
www.redflagnews.com...

Exactly. But, no, this isn't about Christians. Lol. Thanks for the link Cav. Why doesn't the gay community protest Muslims. They are more openly anti-gay.
edit on 29-10-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
a reply to: Gryphon66

I've said what I said and those are simply my opinions. Are you alright with that?

Your victim complex is showing.

What did I say that would suggest that you aren't welcome to your opinions?

Opinions stated publicly are subject to being commented upon if not corrected.

/shrug

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join