It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Dashcam Video Just Released Shows Cop Murder Zachary Hammond

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

There you go making up reasons why the cop did it, because he might harm someone else lol.. Take your meds

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: frostie
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Yeah, the teen could have made some better decisions that would have made the out come different, but..

The decisions he made should not have ended his life.

yea dumb teens should know better, but..

shouldn't trained professionals with guns know better?

LOL oops, This was supposed to be a reply to this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess the shoe still fits? Huh an underlying theme.. funny

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Nope. Not making up. I'm saying the truth: The driver refused a police order and endangered the officer and potentially others with a vehicle (which can be a deadly weapon, as proven in many court cases) and the officer exercised his right (and, one may say his responsibility) to stop it using any means necessary.

My example was so you could understand one way that the driver caused a danger - something you simply cannot admit.

Why is it you think the driver was "harmless" and "innocent" and would have simply drove off and stopped in a few blocks? Help me understand that...How do you know that the driver wouldn't have turned around and ran over a church choir next door? Or drove 5 feet and pulled his own gun? We know NOW that he couldn't have done that, but in the moment you can't possibly know that.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

It doesnt matter what the kid might have done and the cop never said that was why he shot him. But I will educate you anyway.

He would have simply gave himself up because it was 20$ worth of weed that his girlfriend had sold. So he would have realized wtf he was doing as soon as there wasnt some cray jackass with a gun screaming at him..

Again this kid never sold any weed nor was ever accused of selling or even knowing about any sell of weed.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

well if stating the facts is ignorance, i guess ill be ignorant then.. i know if i start breaking the law and a cop catches me and points a gun at me.. i wont do anything to get myself killed.. and guess what! if i was arrested and i wasnt supposed to be.. ill sue.. so not only do i not DIE i come out on top.. again.. welcome to America.. and im not a troll, im an entrepeneur from the streets and i like ATS so please understand im speakong from experience.
edit on 30-10-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

making completely false statements and calling them fact is ignorance..

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

where am i false? what r u talking about?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes

where am i false? what r u talking about?

criminal is breaking the law

If you had read the article or the thread you would know he had not done anything..

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

actually lets just break this down.

Let's do that.

criminal is breaking the law

Technically should say a teenager broke the law, since a criminal is one who already has committed a crime.

cop pulls gun on criminal and attempts arrest.

CHECK

criminal runs away

CHECK

criminal can potentially kill someone in attempt to get away

He can also potentially get away and harm nobody, so this really says nothing.

cop shoots criminal

CHECK

so he cannot run away in panic and potentially kill any one..... or any children.... or no ones mom or dad or whatever.....

That's quite a leap right there. You are just assuming because he was breaking the law that he also would have no regard for human life and would just plow over a bunch of kids to save a drug rap. So basically you think cops should be able to kill anybody over a remote possibility, just to be safe?

does anyone feel this isnt a good system? if so, why?

Unfortunately, the officer was justified, based on the standards the police department and law makers have set. BUT, buying drugs is a victimless crime and shouldn't have been treated as if he was an escaping murderer. I don't think it's worth killing folks that make stupid decisions, especially a teenager that likely was high and panicked when he saw a cop car fly through the parking lot, followed by an officer charging his car with his weapon out.

If the kid gets away, then gets arrested later (and he will be since they have his plates and know who he is), he will be charged with evading police, resisting arrest, and a bunch of other charges. He then has the chance to learn from his mistake. When you just shoot the kid in the face over a victimless crime, you have accomplished absolutely nothing. Both sides were in the wrong here, but the officer's action was excessive and if there was another passenger in the car it was downright reckless.

edit on 30-10-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

oh ok. he wasnt liable for selling drugs bc he was DRIVING the drug dealer around.. yea, hes totally not breaking the law.. anything elsw im wrong about in my ultimate ignorane

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

It doesnt matter what the kid might have done and the cop never said that was why he shot him. But I will educate you anyway.

He would have simply gave himself up because it was 20$ worth of weed that his girlfriend had sold. So he would have realized wtf he was doing as soon as there wasnt some cray jackass with a gun screaming at him..

Again this kid never sold any weed nor was ever accused of selling or even knowing about any sell of weed.

You THINK that's what he would have done. People have pushed harder for less. Give me a break. Thats what you think would have happened but nobody can possibly know what WOULD have happened, which means the risk was there and the shooting was justified.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Like I said before, apparently failure to comply is now a capital offense in America that justifies a death penalty... and cops killing people over dime bags is considered to be the norm. This is where your ignorance shines.
edit on 30-10-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
By your logic, police should be able to shoot anyone behind the wheel of a vehicle. Heck, even people riding bicycles can cause harm under your rules.
If cops continue shooting people because it's "possible" that someone (the cop) might be harmed, we're going to see a real world solution to the police state.
Drug testing these rogues is the first step. Get the druggies out of the system first. But in order to do that the departments have to admit that the problem exists. Until their testing protocol includes steroids they are refusing to admit to the problem.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

actually resisting arrest and trying to start a high speed chase is illegal.. actually
edit on 30-10-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

dude what planet r u on.. he didnt give himself up.. some moron like u gave this young guy the idea that what he did was the right thing to do.. good job

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
100% the officers fault from the moment he approached the vehicle. He escalated the situation and put himself in danger. Then blames the victim for the officer putting himself in danger. Why the hell would you approach a vehicle like that with weapon drawn without a proper uniform on. Since when were jeans, tennis shoes and a t-shirt standard issue for a uniformed officer?
If the officer was afraid for his life he would have never approached the damn car.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Just read the damm story at least before you comment and look like a dumb ass.. The kid broke no laws..

I'd be careful about how you say other people look, just in case it's actually you who looks that way. Refusing to comply with a police officers orders is breaking the law.
Yes. He. Broke. The. Law.

I don't know why you can't get it through your head. You're so hell bent on blaming the cops (and so are many other people) that they refuse to admit that some morons out there WHO KNOW BETTER put themselves in positions to get shot/tackled/tasered/etc by the cops and they bloody deserve it. This kid deserved it. The people who taught him how to make his life choices also deserve punishment. Get off your idiotic "we should all stand up and defy authority" horse and realize that MOST people actually WANT these bloody laws in place, even if you disagree. You're dead wrong on this one. Every post you have in this thread about how people are sheep giving in to what "the man" tells them to do is dead wrong.

At some point you need to evaluate your line of thinking. You're not some tough guy who's above the law. Cops have a place in this world, and at some times that means shooting people, and I support that.

Let's be blunt. Some people have it coming. Some people know the life they live risks them ending up with a bullet and they tempt fate and lose. That's the way it should be. They have no business deciding that they're above the law running amok while the rest of us live happy, enjoyable lives within the law.

Ah, another one that can't get through their head that the police actions did not fit the crime, welcome.
The kid did not deserve to get shot and killed for trying to run from the cop, nothing you say can change the stupidity of saying that. Police are taught to shoot only as a last resort, no?
They are also taught driving techniques to take down people in cars, no?
What they are NOT taught, however, is to run beside a slow moving vehicle and shoot the occupant for attempting to flee the scene of a non-violent minor crime, am I right?

I'll be blunt. The last paragraph you wrote is nothing more than complete horse s**t. You say people who break the law deserve to be shot and killed, that they have it coming? Even for a minor non-violent crime like selling a few grams of a plant that is legal in 9 US states. Using that train of idiotic thought, this would mean that you also see nothing wrong with shooting and killing jaywalkers and underage drinkers, and that makes you a window-licker of the highest order.

It's not like the kid was Pablo Escobar.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

actually resisting arrest and trying to start a high speed chase is illegal.. actually

He never said that the kid's actions weren't illegal, you aren't the brightest spark, are you?
Do you even know what a capital offense is?

Please explain to us why attempting to flee the scene of a non-violent minor crime is an offense that warrants the death penalty?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I watched the vid a couple of times. Tried to run over the cop? What? He went out of his way to try and NOT hit the cop who positioned himself almost in front of the car. Unless there was another incident other than this one which we can see, this does not hold water. Killing a "fleeing felon" has been over for years, anyway, hasn't it?

Plus, in my city cops don't 'give chase' to kids anymore. Too many of them had wrecks which resulted in fatalities.

From what I see, he should not have fired on this kid.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase

He never said that the kid's actions weren't illegal, you aren't the brightest spark, are you?
Do you even know what a capital offense is?

Please explain to us why attempting to flee the scene of a non-violent minor crime is an offense that warrants the death penalty?

The reasoning behind such ridiculous statements as the one to which you were replying is simply this:
If a cop says something, anything, tells you to take some action or refrain from some action---and you do not immediately comply---you deserve to die. If you are not completely subservient to the representatives the government, you deserve to be executed on the spot. That is the only mindset that would condone this cop's murderous behavior. This was a sting, they knew the girl was trying to sell some weed, they intercepted her phone call (probably using one of those illegal intercept thingamabobbies) so knew that she was in possession. No suggestion of violence, it was an easy sting for them.
Normal people don't shoot others over a bag of weed. One's brain has to be screwed up terribly to kill someone the way that cop did.
Drug test them. At least make a start on getting rid of these crazed police.
edit on 31-10-2015 by diggindirt because: correction

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join