It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EEOC wins $240,000 damages for Muslim truckers fired for not delivering beer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am a Democrat and I think that Kim Davis should have done her job. I also think that these two Muslims should do their job, or accept reassignment. Even though Islam is more extremist than Christianity, a lot of Democrats favor this kind of thing for Muslims but not Christians.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

nice op ed

Obama should have known better

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I'm probably wrong about this, but I posit that "Muslim" has been elevated to "Protected Class" status as far as the EEOC and the Federales are concerned. So, beware! If you punch out a Muslim for calling your mother a biotch, the Feds will probably jump in and charge you with a hate crime. In a few years, they'll extend that protection and arrest your mother on the grounds she offended the Muslim that called her a biotch.

Its a minefield out there anymore. Glad I don't own a business.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I am a Democrat and I think that Kim Davis should have done her job. I also think that these two Muslims should do their job, or accept reassignment. Even though Islam is more extremist than Christianity, a lot of Democrats favor this kind of thing for Muslims but not Christians.

Favor what thing for Muslims but not for Christians? I don't understand.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
what the heck, you fought tooth and nail in support of little kimmie, heck, making people travel to adjacent counties, bringing in the state legislature and costing the taxpayer a ton of money, heck, nothing was too burdensome to accommodate her!!!
luckily the boards that rules on these matters are more understanding that you appear to be.....when, it comes to accommodating the christian belief!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

My brother-in-law is a trucker. His company has drivers assigned to specific routes. It's fairly common for this to be the case. Not all trucking companies are the same. Some have assigned routes, some don't. If they assign routes, the drivers often get their choice based on seniority. New hires get whatever is left over.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Glad I don't own a business

This is the part that I am most interested in and backs up my claim that capitalism can not withstand this type of jihad and that it is all being done by design. Who would want to operate in this type of society we have today. answer lawyers do

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
what the heck, you fought tooth and nail in support of little kimmie, heck, making people travel to adjacent counties, bringing in the state legislature and costing the taxpayer a ton of money, heck, nothing was too burdensome to accommodate her!!!
luckily the boards that rules on these matters are more understanding that you appear to be.....when, it comes to accommodating the christian belief!!!

actually I am very glad you brought this up

kim did not wait until she was givin a load she could not carry

she was already hired before the changes and no reasonable fortune teller could have known about the change but as soon as she saw it could interfere she began to seek options and was met with serious backlash for being the type of employee someone could work with.

if the muslims would have put as much forethought into their actions then they would have known and told sooner than the day of. time does make a big difference here

I would be singing a much different tune if they would have tried to work with their boss

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Even so, it's my understanding the Employers in this case didn't try to accommodate. If they had, and failed the commission would have probably ruled the other way. Like the did with the Muslim stewardess who didn't want to serve alchohol.

Although we were originally a country of the people and for the people, we are more of a country of the corporations and for the coporations and well when it comes to this particular subject, they are very lenient with the businesses usually.

edit on 27-10-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

she started sending out the letters very soon after she was elected!! she knew there was a good chance of it happening probably before she was even sworn into office, or elected for that matter! she could have decided to duck out of the race!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

If they have assigned routes, there isn't much of a way to accommodate since it would require removing a driver with seniority from his rightfully chosen route. If they did not have assigned routes, then I would say, yes they should try to accommodate them. Since I am not entirely familiar with the company and their policies, I can not form a more in depth opinion.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
that is weak

fact is she gave people something to work with other than same day deciding she would not marry the two

the biggest fattest fact is that no one was put out over kims decision. they all believe they are married today

they sought her out like hunting a deer because she did not want to participate so they decided to become militant AND FORCE HER even though they drove hours out of their way to pick on kim while passing up other places that would have wed them

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
she denied anyone and everyone who wanted to get married a license for months. are you saying that none of them that wanted to apply were living in that county?? I find that hard to believe!!!

edit on 27-10-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

by accommodations for the muslims you mean remove a driver from a route they have been proven on and worked hard to maintain.

Do you have any evidence that this is actually what happened? I've looked at five to ten articles and have not seen any details like this.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Even though they drove hours out of their way to pick on kim while passing up other places that would have wed them.

Do you have a source on that? I've yet to see this claim backed up. I spent a long time searching and found nothing supporting it.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

it is simple that if the drivers were scheduled to deliver the booze and they refuse then they would be expecting to pick up someone elses load in lieu of their assigned load.

x amount of loads assigned everyday and asking to get a different load would be taking it from someone else

i have not found it yet but there are ats threads covering this when it happened and if i remember right they just walked off the job in the middle of a big city leaving the trailer in the middle of the street

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Even though they drove hours out of their way to pick on kim while passing up other places that would have wed them.

Do you have a source on that? I've yet to see this claim backed up. I spent a long time searching and found nothing supporting it.

That i do have sources for
i made a thread about it

if you search for the two guys names they live in a major city sixty + miles from kim's district

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

That i do have sources for
i made a thread about it

Link?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

it is simple that if the drivers were scheduled to deliver the booze and they refuse then they would be expecting to pick up someone elses load in lieu of their assigned load.

You've been talking about drivers being removed from routes they were "proven on and worked hard to maintain" with the implication that the jobs delivering alcohol were less desirable.

Where are you getting that from? I spent a while searching and have found no details like that.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

rowan co.

the couple live in Lexington

I can not remember their names but if you google their names they both live in Lexington which is not in rowan co.
edit on 27-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join