It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuturalising Iphone 5.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I had an older style phone but shock horror I got given an Iphone 5 and because its much easier to use I will keep it.

Yes, I like everyone else here is concenred about all the the big bother stuff so I want to know if anyone can reocmmend software to use to take the nasties, the tracking and spying stuff out of it?

I tried looking for software that would do something like this but about all I found was to back up with Itunes and re install and getting rid of domestic relationship spyware.

hints, tips. softwares, websites etc

thanks

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Hope you get some answers, I'm looking to do this as well!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue
If you want to "jailbreak" it, a lot of things are possible. Youtube has videos that will show you how to do all kinds of things that will void any warranty or insurance the phone has. If you're overly concerned with it. You may not want to use it. Some things will always be there, because they are integral to its functionality.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Most of the tracking is done on the carrier side.

Even if you rip the GPS out, the carriers still see which towers you connect to- and can triangulate your position within meters. (my phone can still tell me roughly where I am with wifi and gps off. Scary stuff.)

Data transmission? Forget about it. There might be encrypted messaging systems you can look into, but chances are the carrier (and definitely the goobers) could just remotely trigger an upload of the stored encryption keys to them.

Want to keep it from spying on you? Drop it into a crucible full of molten metal.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Second that lordcomac. Whatever you install on the Iphone, even firmware reflash, they're gonna get you - GPS, camera (which you can cover), mike, fingerprint, retina scan, whatever they put in the #. Been cracked on most phones. Apple is worse than what we're operating.

top topics

join