It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Processed meats Rank alongside smoking as causes of Cancer, but is there another agenda?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ill take my cancer with a side of bacon please...

In all seriousness though... a balanced diet is healthy... over indulgence of just about anything can kill you..

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Thats a fair and valid point, its just this time, it seems to be having more of an impact, and by that i mean people who usually are non the wiser about such topics are openly discussing it. On another note, if it means less people eat meat and consider there food consumption more, then it can only be good thing.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nustle

Come on, now. You're really going to try to put this on Muslims? Are people this paranoid that we've become a scapegoat for everything now? People have warned of possible links between red meats & colon cancer for years (as well as its links to type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease). And for years, people have also recommended vegetarian & vegan diets as ways to reduce the risks of these diseases & conditions.

But I'll humor you for a second. Let's pretend you're right & there's a religious element to this. You do realize that pork isn't Kosher, right? That means any Jewish people who follow the Torah don't eat pork either. And the Old Testament explicitly says not to eat pork in Leviticus 11:7-8

11:7 And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you.

11:8 You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.

And here's what Isaiah 66:16-17 says about pork eaters:

66:16 For with fire and with his sword the LORD will execute judgment on all people, and many will be those slain by the LORD.

66:17 "Those who consecrate and purify themselves to go into the gardens, following one who is among those who eat the flesh of pigs, rats and other unclean things--they will meet their end together with the one they follow," declares the LORD.

So the Christians who actually follow the Old Testament don't eat pork products either. In fact, Kosher restrictions for food are much stricter than Halal restrictions for food, so shellfish & many other non-Kosher foods are actually still Halal. And many Hindus are vegetarians, meaning those Hindus don't eat pork either.

But screw all of that. If there's a hidden agenda, it must be because of Muslims, Shariah Law, fatwas, Ramadan, ISIS, and every other Islamic buzzword, right?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
"Entomophagy" will soon be on everyone's lips.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Bacon bits are vegan...soy based TVP

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
In a german video about all this, a senior doctor said the following:
(translated, will try to find it in my history)
"It has been known for several years that beef, or more to say a special breed of beef is known to be carciogenic, more carciogenic than others"

So much for that pork-conspiracy...
Let me see if I can find the video.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Got it, but it´s in German:

He basically says cool down, it has been known for some time (years). They came to the conclusion that it´s not ALL red meat, more like a specific sort of beef.

Harald zur Hausen, Carries the nobel price for medicine

"The study is, from my point of view, not substantial. We for ourselfes, made several studies public, that point more into the direction of a specific sort of beef."

www.welt.de...
Translation done by me.
Video is in the link, but in German. The old gentleman speaks around half into the video.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Nustle
My point is this, is this a way for the government to rid the West of Pork based meats to appease the immigrants without causing an uproar within the existing countries?

Over to you guys...

Or maaaaaybe it is just a ploy to replace pork-based meat with the other, other white meat.

Kind of solves two problems at once. Just my theory.

Okay, you have me cracking up right now. I just heard this on the news last night.

Report: Human DNA found in hot dogs

Soylent Green????

edit on 27-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Cleaned up bad formatting glitch.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
would not be surprised if you are right.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

people are seeing the healthcare expense of their neighbor as their expense also and think they can start dictating their diets, excercise routines, and bad habits.

How far do you have to leap before you go from being the ones that have the right to decide what others should eat, drink, think, believe, worship or do, before you go from be the ones dictating to becoming the ones shackled?

We have become so judgmental and dictatorial that we don't even see the Tsunami that is about to wipe us off this planet.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
They fail to take into account that people who generally eat these meats on a regular basis don't live the healthiest of life styles either.
It's like saying people who drink alcohol will have a higher risk of liver disease or fatty liver. But what they don't tell you is that those people are extremely unhealthy or drink in large amounts.

Studies like this make me cringe, they also mention pan frying or grilling meat ups the percentage of chance. Last time I checked we have been eating and cooking red meats for thousands of years.
It's processed meats we need to cut back on, not steaks.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ah I have a better conspiracy then the muslim one. -> TPTB just want all that good stuff for them. Simply as that ;-)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
People have been curing meat for a very long time. It was the only way to keep it before refrigeration. And people have been roasting and smoking meat over an open fire since fire was discovered. It didn't suddenly become problematic. Although I concede if you add in all the steroids and antibiotics maybe things have changed. Nature works. Its only when people start messing with it that we have problems.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
People have been curing meat for a very long time. It was the only way to keep it before refrigeration. And people have been roasting and smoking meat over an open fire since fire was discovered. It didn't suddenly become problematic. Although I concede if you add in all the steroids and antibiotics maybe things have changed. Nature works. Its only when people start messing with it that we have problems.

Add to that greedy corporations that cut corners and throw in anything and everything, minimum wage earners that don't give a damn, or out of anger or defiance, add unknowns to the products, who knows what the Hell you are eating.

I can only eat small amounts of poultry, and small amounts of some sea foods, it s painful because my taste-buds and my stomach are at war with each other, so it is mainly fruits and vegetables for me. But long before this war started, I didn't eat anything that was ground up or mixed up, if I didn't see it being done or I didn't do it myself.

Yes us country folk prepared a lot of meat for storage but we we always very careful and diligent in our preparations, and cleanliness in our work. These mass producers are only concerned about their profit and how much they can get away with.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Let's not forget about the new yummy lab grown meats that will be here soon!

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justaposter
Let's not forget about the new yummy lab grown meats that will be here soon!
www.washingtonpost.com...

Or this one.

Japanese Scientists Create Meat From Poop

edit on 27-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Cleaned up bad formatting glitch.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Saw the report on FB and I think they did it all wrong. You don't show a picture of bacon and say it causes cancer, it's just not going to sway people ( Especially myself ) away from that deliciousness that is bacon.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You pig eaters will soon have to do it behind closed doors. We can not have harmful acts that promote bad health to be exercised in public any longer. Restaurants will have to remove it from the menus. You want bacon then head to the closet and eat but do not tempt me with your selfish desires to get cancer. No more ads either.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
heck we already have people complaining about "second hand barbecue" wanting to ban our outside barbecue grill!
like someone above posted, people have been curing there meat and fish for ages as a way of preservation. I would bet that meat was far more healthy than much of the crap people are buying from the store that are filled with anitbiotics, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors, and crap that it wouldn't surprise me is thrown in just to bypass epa laws on disposal of poisonous chemicals.
all I know is that people seemed a heck of alot more healthier when I was growing up and we ate real food instead of fake crap!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I feel the same but the counter argument seems to be that the longevity age has risen and people live longer now so that must equate to better health

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join