It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrifying sleep paralysis shared by roommate and myself while in the "funny farm"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Little background, I signed myself into a stabilization unit after I mixed too many pills with too many drinks and had a "rage episode" so to speak. It was either that or they force me to go which is much, much worse in case you aren't aware. So I opted to admit myself to institutionalization.

Now, the story...

My experience happened the first night I was in. I woke to find myself in sleep paralysis, but could see and sense an entity entering the room. Before I knew it, there was what I can only describe as pure evil and terror on top of me, holding me down. This being was more terrifying than anything I've seen or ever imagined. It looked like a burnt, rotting corpse, and it felt as though it was staring into my soul and trying to take hold. My roommate says he was awoken by my making what he described as barking, gutteral, inhuman sounds. He brought me out of this by yelling my name, and I sat up quickly and remember murmuring, "we have to get out of this room" a few times, then drifting back to sleep.

I shared what I saw with no one, for fear of being kept in this place longer.

2 nights later, I was unable to fall asleep and was just staring at the ceiling. My roommate began to grunt and groan, as though we was trying to lift a heavy weight. He then leapt from his bed, and looked like he was pushing something out the door, then slamming it and leaping back into bed, all the while still asleep. At least to the point where my calling his name got no reaction. The next morning is where it gets weird.

I asked if he remembered any of his dreams from the previous night. He goes on to describe "something evil" beginning to come into his bed, and he at first could not move. (This kid didn't even know what SP was until this experience) however, somehow he says he was able to fight it off and throw it out of the room. I asked him if he remembered getting out of bed, but he did not.

I've had SP before, but never anything scary happen until this. Could it have been the collective negative energy that manifests in a place like a nut house? Perhaps someone very evil died in that room? Or was it pure coincidence of two people under stress?

I feel the need to reiterate just how evil this thing was. Not only was it the scariest thing I've seen, but it made me feel as if pure evil and Satan himself are real. I will never, as long as I live, forget this. I am scarred.

Anyone else have an experience like this? Whether at home or under a high stress situation? I'm just so glad to be home, and send all my love and any good vibes to those still in that place...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Drugs can cause Neurological problems and indeed maybe even put your brain or nervous system out of phase with whatever your spirit is, think about it, shamen the world over use neurochemical inhibiting or stimulating substances to trigger there spirit walk's.

So you go to a place like that but think on this, if there is a physical realm AND Spiritual realm'(s) then there are at least two seperate ecology's, one we are familiar with and one we are not yet ready for so are there predators and prey in the spirit ecology, do the wolves wait for the young to come out of there body's in order to eat them, do some creatures symbiotically attach to the living like a parasite does to a host and in such a place could there be a higher number of parasitic entity's or creatures simply because there are more infected corporeal people within such a small location.

Do the hairs on the back of your neck stand up when you pass near a mental institution or psyche ward, do you feel a strong feeling of evil (instinctive fear and rejection of such a place) when you are near to them.
edit on 27-10-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I wasn't on any meds thankfully. My 5 days there I saw them turn multiple people into pharma zombies. So I can rule it out being a medication induced incident.

However, your theory on 2 separate realms, and there being an ecology to the spiritual similar to the physical make A LOT of sense to me. I tend to be very empathic, so being in that place and seeing so many lost souls with real mental illness practically bumping into walls all day brought me to tears and messed with my head.

I also tend to be a bit more in touch with natural vibrations and the like. For example when I camp out, deep in the mountains under the hemlocks I'm at peace and have happy, wonderful, vivid and meaningful/spiritual dreams. In the city, I barely dream, and when I do they are mostly confusing "brain vomit" so to speak.

And now that you mention it, and it was a feeling I couldn't describe while I was at that awful place, I think it was the feeling of being hunted. I told my girlfriend on the phone that I felt like the place was driving me mad. Couldn't rest, always looking over my shoulder, felt trapped... Was I prey to something?

Your theory makes a scary amount of sense my friend!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Sounds exactly right for a night terror. I've had something similar happen a couple years ago. Had a dream where I was in bed and standing just beside the bed was the silhouette of a man with demon horns. I couldn't move and felt the purest terror I have ever felt. Luckily it didn't go on for too long, I guess the dream ended. It's strange how common this kind of experience seems to be.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Settle. there is no such thing as Satan.
Yes it is just a coincidence you and your room mate are both experiencing sleep paralysis. But that's all it is. Sleep paralysis, its terrifying I know but you will grow out of it. How old are you? I grew out of it because Im old now but it really gave me a hard time when I was younger.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
These things are MTDs, mentally transmitted diseases. They feed off fear.

The best thing to do is grow some courage, face it, and not be afraid. Call out for Jesus if you are a believer, it is said to help those how believe it will help.

I had one experience like this, never looked because I was to scared of what I might see. But I felt it with my eyes closed, felt it sit on the bed. It scarred me until months later when I broke and told my mother

Best thing to do is face it. Don't ignore it. They leave you alone when they don't have an effect on you

edit on 27-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

I'm 24 and this was only the 4th or so sleep paralysis I've had. (That I can recall) First was around 18 so it is very infrequent for me. This was the only time there was a negative entity involved. The other few SP episodes I've had, I remember them being oddly peaceful. Strange, surprising, yet tranquil of a feeling. This was anything but...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The subconscious is very, very powerful. Your friend still being asleep and able to push an evil entity right the F out of the room like that is AMAZING.
I have never heard of that before. I know the power of the subconscious though. I had a wrist surgery in 1994, and was put under with anesthetics and completely in deep sleep. As I was coming towards awakening, the doctor said I was mumbling and then shouting that aliens were trying to take me away (haha).

I was flailing my hands and arms, and so the doctor and some nurses including a big dude male nurse tried to pin my arms down with the weight of their bodies, to which I flipped my arm up and the other arm,and they went flying across the room, according to what my doctor said.

They said my strength was like the strength of a super human. I didn't remember a single thing though. They tried again to hold me down, and I tossed that big nurse guy all the way across the room, and he smacked into the wall, so they quit trying to hold me down, and then nothing else happened when they simply left me alone, except I was still mumbling about aliens taking me away..

I think your friends subconscious did the same thing, although it is quite strange that he could hold a spirit and toss it from the room. I think the subconscious "believed" it could, and so it "did". Either way, this is incredible.

That you both had a similar experience in that building is no coincidence. Maybe there is a portal there from something bad happening in that place, and evil entities can come and go..

The subconscious mind is not limited by any constraints, because it doesn't believe in constraints. It only reacts with instinct. As far as I know.. It doesn't wait to ponder if grabbing something and tossing it out the door is possible, it simply does it out of necessity, and even necessity is probably not something it cares about either.

Maybe you can discover some history if people have killed themselves in that building. Having two people experience sleep paralysis in the same room is not a coincidence. Especially since that friend of yours never had it happen before.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Well maybe you've been lucky. All my experiences were negative.

Sleep paralysis starts in the teens and I had out grown it by around your age.

I know its disturbing but none of it's real. like Satan.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: lifecitizen

Settle. there is no such thing as Satan.
Yes it is just a coincidence you and your room mate are both experiencing sleep paralysis. But that's all it is. Sleep paralysis, its terrifying I know but you will grow out of it. How old are you? I grew out of it because Im old now but it really gave me a hard time when I was younger.

Yes there is such a thing as Satan, and it does indeed exist. I have seen Satan. I have seen powerful demons before. I have seen them and experienced telepathic communications with them. They cursed me with every vile kind of obscene language you can think of. Satan just stared at me. God allowed me to see them so I would know they are real, and to chastise me for not living with a serious commitment to doing God's will.

I was baptized and gave my verbal commitment to Christ when I was 12, and when I was 35, I was partying and womanizing and not keeping my promises, and so I was punished and was shown those demons. I got tired of their abuse after seeing them for 2 days and told them their souls would be cast into an eternal lake of fire, and they screamed bloody murder and scattered themselves away from me.

I noticed you give a blanket statement that Satan doesn't exist, and that tells me you only HOPE he doesn't exist. If he really does, then everything else you hope isn't true will need to be reevaluated. And you don't wan't to do that for some reason. You should keep an open mind and reconsider, because knowing the real truth is much more important than your foolish ego. It is the same for my foolish ego. The truth is far more important, and so you should not close your mind off. Mine was closed off and then I got punished, but I am glad I did. It could have been the end of the line for me, but it wasn't, and I listened.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Sounds like cold turkey, Trainspotting stylee.

Drugs, alcohol and mental episodes you say?

First day in a hostile environment, shock, withdrawal.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I agree that his ability to do this was incredible. Made me a bit jealous that I couldn't to be honest. From what he told me of his childhood, it was traumatic in every way you can imagine. My theory is the reason he was able to literally "cast away" this entity was because he had already had to combat earthly evils in their most heinous forms, so that possibly conditioned him to be able to fight off the entity.

Also the subconscious mind I agree has more potential than anything. Your story makes scientific sense as well because our brain only allows us to use 30-40% AT MOST of our overall muscle strength; to prevent tears and injuries. So if you are still half knocked out, that part of the brain must've still been shut down and you were able to hulk out on the doctors and nurses lol

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I had a number of sleep paralysis experiences. One night I was awakened by a deep spasm in my lower back. I saw a Grey leaving my body and going out the door. I have not had sleep paralysis since. I think those f**kers gave up on me.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I've had a lot of the same experiences over the years. They are truly, profoundly terrifying whilst the experiencer is in the middle of them. There's a definite sense that the entity wants your soul and that death is a very real outcome should it get what it wants. There's this projection of evil and horror that radiates from whatever apparition is there.

The imagery varies and shapeless black figures, witches and skeleton-type beings have all been reported. These experiences have run through history and shaped parts of our culture. I'd argue that they are the pot from where we draw the main figures in our horror stories.

The circumstances you describe are ideal for that experience. You hadn't had 'quality sleep' for several days and it's the lack of good REM sleep that is the main known trigger for these occurrences. Factor in the added stress of being forced to enter the unit and the anxiety from encountering seriously mentally-ill people and it was ripe.

There's a new doco out on all this and it's had good reviews - The Nightmare.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I lived with sleep paralysis until I was around 21 on a consistent basis. I would have an episode nearly every 2 weeks, sometimes a dozen episodes on a single night. I would say I still suffer the odd episode but very seldom.

Sleep paralysis was scary for me as I never understood it. I thought I was being attacked regularly, and the events seemed very real. I couldn't begin to tell you the things I thought I saw, and the sounds I thought I heard.

I remember it got so bad at one point I told my partner to shake me if she ever heard me groaning or making weird sounds in my sleep, because I was probably awake and petrified, unable to move. She had to do that on a few occasions.

I began to research it and it became very clear what was happening. Essentially when your mind awakens and your body does not, providing you don't understand what is happening you panic and you become very aware of your surroundings. It's self defense. Your mind begins to generate images and sounds that do not exist. You try to move, you can't. You try to scream, you can't.

Knowing this will certainly help you moving forward. Since I began to study the phenomenon it no longer grips me the way it did and has almost stopped happening. On the odd occasion I do suffer an episode of sleep paralysis, I know what it is so my mind does not panic. I no longer see or hear anything. I basically just lie there paralyzed until my body awakens.
edit on 27/10/15 by angryhulk because: Grammar

edit on 27/10/15 by angryhulk because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I had sleep paralysis episodes off and on for years, among other such incidences. I even figured out some of the things that triggered them for me, which is why I almost never have them anymore. The sleep paralysis episodes only started after I basically "went too far" with some of my meditation techniques.

Every single time it was like a demon trying to tear my soul out of my body. Sometimes it would "kneel" over my body with an incredible bloodlust and I could see it & feel it's breath just as I could a person. Though the appearance was always different, it was exactly the same rage-filled presence I've known all my life as "Shaytan". Strong willpower & reciting the "Fatihah" in Arabic always pushed the presence away & snapped me out of it. And btw, I don't use any intoxicants either, alcohol included.

Anyway, one of my exes & I had a shared incident, though not of sleep paralysis. We'd both had large amounts of "supernatural/paranormal" incidences in our lives and neither of us used drugs or intoxicants. One night, we were just laying in bed, lights off, with the moonlight shining through the window. Both of us were completely silent, laying perfectly still, and both just staring at the ceiling. I'd felt a heavy presence in the room earlier & it kept whispering for me to do evil stuff to her. I was silent & didn't say anything because I honestly thought I'd finally lost my mind. I could vaguely see a blurry shadow right above me, hence why I kept staring in silence at the ceiling.

After at least 30 minutes of pure silence & while still looking at the ceiling, the following conversation took place:

Me: (whispering) Hey ____, are you awake?
Her: Mmm hmm...
Me: Uhh, do you notice anything "strange" in the room right now?
Her: (silent for a few seconds) Yeah, there's something here that keeps telling me to kill you.
Me: !!! Holy _____!! Me too! I thought I'd finally gone crazy!
Her: ...
Me: Uhh, you're not going to do it are you?
Her: No, but I wasn't sure if you were...
Me: Huh? No, I'd never... Wait, you can see & hear it too?! (note: yes, I'm slow sometimes, leave me alone)

Needless to say, we both got out of bed, turned on the lights, and stayed up the rest of the night. We were both very religious (don't judge me lol) so we had deep conversations about it. It turned out that she'd noticed the presence just as often as I had, if not more.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I must ask, was Thorazine administered at any time, to either of you?

Just curious.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I wasn't on any meds thankfully. My 5 days there I saw them turn multiple people into pharma zombies. So I can rule it out being a medication induced incident.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Hmmm, my apologies.

*writes one thousand lines: "Must not post while distracted by work, must not post while distracted by work, must...."

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Yes indeed you saw one of those #ers,
I've seen them too whilst experiencing SP, I saw "old-hag", little old lady black silloettee appear at the foot of my bed she had what appeared to be a robe on and she promptly walked to the side of my bed near my head and began chocking me and yes her eyes were just dots of glowing red. She scared the bejeebus out of me, thought I was really fighting for my life and once being able to move poof she disappeared just like that.

There is nothing wierd or unscientific about the experience sleep paralysis it's well documented in fact, the problem comes when you start understanding these same entities have been written about in folklore from ages past. So how is it people from different time periods and up bringing a are seeing the same entity's? Well I believe they are manifestations of the collective unconscious and they serve as warnings or omens read up on succubuses and incubuses, soon after I fell in love with my wife and married the worst choice of my life, perhaps I was being warned by our deeper consciousness. If any woman represents the real incarnation of a succubuses it surely is her, all joking aside I do not think these entity's are "real" but more like programs that allow our deeper collective unconscious to have a personal dialoug with us.
edit on 27-10-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join