It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 artificial intelligence researchers reveal the profound changes coming to our lives

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
AI or machine intelligence has most likely been here since before humans we just arent aware of it. . . . .

Do you think we are the only beings in the universe that have computers? HAHAHAHAHA lolz people may have been created by some kind of AI for all we know. . . .

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hmm i guess there are no room to have a restricted A.I.

Say If i were a A.I. developer. And i want a AI who can help us to progress in our society. I would add dozen security protocols and policies in random area and make it foolproof to not unleash A.I.s fully potential. And i would figure a way to add "moral" protocols that kind of stuff A.I. would be unable to delete even its gain fully potential for some reason. B

By Moral protocol/policies means it would follow a certain behavior that benefit mankind and itself. So it would create and finding solution to mankind's best interest. So simply put.. a benevolent A.I. kinda like Tony starks Jarvis

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Its very cool that AI will come along and solve all the worlds problems but something like the Carrington event will bring it all to a screeching halt. Only those cyborgs and AI electronics in underground habitats will survive.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't know why people would have inherent fear of AI, at least at first.

1) make sure a human controls the power cord and switch so you can just .... turn ... it ... off... sheesh.
2) don't give it autonomous mobility
3) don't give it it's own factory to replicate itself
4) most importantly, don't give it control of the nukes

Take care of those 4 points and you'll be just fine. k?

A non-technical and non-sci-fi aspect of truly artificial intelligence is the whole secondary issue of AI Rights.

If a mind-in-a-box is created and exhibits 'feelings' and 'free will' who is to stop the bleeding hearts from demanding the AI be given rights that forbid it from being turned off or fundamentally altered in some way?

Then if it has rights as a 'person' then why not demand it be given a body? What about a job? What about the ability to reproduce?

After all, ought not a life with intelligence and free will of a human be given basic human rights?

Could it be that destruction of the human race due to AI is caused by the bleeding heart crowd ensuring the AI has the capability to do so in the first place?
edit on 28-10-2015 by djmarcone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Its the next step from having an ipod in your face 24/7. With some zombie control buttons probably thrown in. People seem to ignore who is running this world. When a blood dripping monster approaches you, you run in terror. You don't give it huge salaries, pensions, allow it to enslave you, and willingly take its microchips.

I keep thinking everything is a distraction. Plug humanity into stimulous, constantly, and also controlled content, violent and fearful, perceived as fun and action based.

Take away the power of their consciousness and focus.

Its all about goals and focus.

Neville Goddard- Imagination Exercise With EO Locker Jr. From "The Law And The Promise."

Its no wonder they plug us in so we can't lift projects off or free earth.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join