It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina school officer caught on video beating down student in arrest

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Except what do you do when you have a child who WILL NOT comply and follow the rules?

You cannot just allow a student to do whatever they want or pretty soon every student does what they want.

It is called anarchy, and it is disruptive. So the teacher tried several things and tried to get the girl to leave the room. Then she called the administrator who tried the same. When neither of them could make the girl move, it escalates the situation.

The real failure here is whoever was responsible for teaching the girl to respect authority, and the quote from her guardian says it all - texting is not disruptive. What the guardian considers disruptive is not the point; the point is that the teacher has a rule that cell phones are not to be used in the classroom, and if the teacher cannot enforce his/her rules, then there is no order in the room, and if there if no order in the room, then there will be chaos and no one will learn.

So in the end, the last resort was to call in the resource officer who also tried several things ending with bodily removal because the girl was apparently incapable of understanding that she should just put her cell phone away or hand it over or leave the room.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So in the end, the last resort was to call in the resource officer who also tried several things ending with bodily removal because the girl was apparently incapable of understanding that she should just put her cell phone away or hand it over or leave the room.

Bad, bad little girl - we will show you and the rest of the class what you get for misbehaving

We will grab you around your neck, throw you to the floor onto your back, drag you across that floor along with your desk - then cuff you, along with any of your little alarmist classmates that might protest

That will teach you not to text in class you 14 year old punk

You must believe Kim Jong-un has his reasons

edit on 10/29/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

THIS, RIGHT HERE, is what we used to call Common Sense. Apparently, that's been replaced by placating the misbehaving child, and letting him or her be as abnoxious as they want, with no repurcussions. In lieu of fixing the situation NOW with a delicate use of force(which should have been used but wasn't), the collective alternative seems to be to just let her sit there and encite anarchy.

If this is really the way that society is leaning, then let me know now, so that I can prepare for anarchy.

TheBorg

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

It is called anarchy, and it is disruptive. So the teacher tried several things and tried to get the girl to leave the room.

This 7th grader was a new student at the school, who recently lost her mother and is currently in foster care.

odd Rutherford, the Columbia, S.C., attorney representing the assault victim, revealed his client is a recent orphan living in foster care.
www.nydailynews.com...

She wasn't paying attention in class and doing something with her phone. Who knows what, maybe she was marking her calendar for an upcoming test or keeping notes on her phone. Notice that she didn't have a laptop on her desk like many of the other students did.

According to the student interviewed on the TV news, the teacher abruptly got up in the girls face and yelled at her to put the phone away. She never talked back to him, she just sat there frozen in fear and shock. She never said anything to the officer either. She just sat there, hunkered safely in her classroom desk, frozen in fear and shock.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You had to know there was more to this...

These kinds of stories drive me crazy

WHAT ELSE CAN EDUCATORS DO?

The girl broke a school rule by using her cellphone in class, but the teacher could have spoken to her quietly, even when she refused to surrender it, rather than delay the lesson for everyone else, said Geoff Alpert, a University of South Carolina professor and expert on police violence.

Lott suggested another possibility: "Completely ignore her. She was the one who was suffering."

Delaying consequences can be effective, said Larry Thompson, a former Kansas teacher who consults with schools via his "Responsibility-Centered Discipline" program.

"Time often helps the brain get out of the fight mode," Thompson said. "The old model of classroom management does not fit the new model of what our kids need."

Even when the girl refused to leave her seat, Alpert wonders, "Why didn't they call a school counselor? She's not doing anything to hurt anyone. She's just being disruptive."

Attorney Todd Rutherford questions why the deputy was "brought into a classroom to deal with a student who was sitting quietly, simply not wanting to leave class." He represents both the girl in question as well as another student who challenged her treatment. Both are charged with "disturbing schools," a misdemeanor publishable by up to 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.

Emphasis mine

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It's funny how everyone thinks the misbehaving child is the result of them being "good" or "bad" or undisciplined. They're a product of our messed up society. Sending in a resource officer to choke slam someone doesn't fix the root problem, plus it's very easy to cause injury like paralysis when you slam someone by their neck.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Apparently 100s of students have walked out in protest fro the cop. So since they are breaking the rules should they get body slammed as well?

It means the cop isnt nearly as bad a guy he is made out to be, but it only takes once right?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBorg
This story is from the Allentown Morning Call
There is a video at the link of a female student beating a female police officer outside the school. It began as a fight between students in the cafeteria and spread outside the school. The police were forced to use pepper spray to break up the melee.
This won't go viral.
I watched a video this morning of a student trashing a classroom and jumping on the teachers desk, cursing him and demanding an 'A' grade from him. The teacher never got out of his chair.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Apparently 100s of students have walked out in protest fro the cop. So since they are breaking the rules should they get body slammed as well?

It means the cop isnt nearly as bad a guy he is made out to be, but it only takes once right?

And again, no one is defending the cop. We are merely pointing out that without any means of making and enforcing rules, there is anarchy.

You are merely illustrating more anarchy. Students walked out.

However, students that remove themselves from the classroom are at least no longer in it creating a disruptive situation.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
It's funny how everyone thinks the misbehaving child is the result of them being "good" or "bad" or undisciplined. They're a product of our messed up society. Sending in a resource officer to choke slam someone doesn't fix the root problem, plus it's very easy to cause injury like paralysis when you slam someone by their neck.

I don't know, but when my kid acts up, it's a result of my son being either good, bad or lacking discipline on my part.

Children do not magically pop out of the womb knowing how to behave. They are taught that by their elders, mainly the ones whom they live with.

I already pointed out that the girl lacks discipline at home and her parents/guardians are the real failures, but what are her teachers supposed to do? Should the other kids have their educations disrupted because she is damaged?
edit on 31-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Students walk out to support fired S.C. deputy

About 100 students at a South Carolina high school walked out of class briefly Friday to show support for a school resource officer fired after video showed him throwing an uncooperative black female student across the floor, according to local media and Twitter feeds.The students walked out of classes at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, S.C., around 10 a.m. and gathered in the atrium to express their views on the firing of Deputy Ben Fields.

Some in the crowd — which included both black and white students — wore T-shirts reading "Free Fields" or "#BringBackFields."

So are these kids stupid or crazy or do they know something we don't know.

edit on 31-10-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Here's some more videos of "teens" getting crazy inside schools and even beating up teachers and officers in schools.

www.youtube.com...
Beating starts around 2:20 or so, unprovoked attack on SRO.

www.youtube.com...
Action starts around 1:25, principal gets slammed.

www.youtube.com...
Here's a video from the school in SC where the OP video is from. A black SRO squares off with a student and throws blows. Fight starts around 2:00.

www.youtube.com...
Here's yet another black SRO forced to defend himself from an unruly "teen". Action starts around 1:50.

www.youtube.com...
Here's another sweet teen, this guy beats up on a 66 year old female teacher. Sweet boy, he'll probably cure cancer.

www.youtube.com...
Here's a news story about a "teen" that beats a 68 year old teacher bloody.

www.youtube.com...
A video of a student punching a teacher in the face.

www.youtube.com...
More out of control teens harassing and attacking a teacher.

So, what are SRO's supposed to do when "teens" act like this.

edit on 2-11-2015 by hammanderr because: another link

edit on 2-11-2015 by hammanderr because: wording

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

So? That was pathetic

This girl did not deserve what happened to her. I'm sorry you can't seem to understand that

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

This girl did not deserve what happened to her. I'm sorry you can't seem to understand that

I am quite shocked at how many people think children being dragged out of class like that is ok......

People seem to forget kids are just that..kids...they muck up,push boundaries it what they do and how they learn...

Violence was used by an adult toward a minor,violence begets violence...this is not the kind of environment i want my kids growing up in ...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I am quite shocked at how many people think children being dragged out of class like that is ok......

I want to use the word shocked - but I want to use the word hurt too

It really bothers me that there are people that feel this way

I have to admit - it also scares me a little

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Looks the same , except this girl was white and it was for smoking a cigarette.

It should probably get a thread of its own I just didnt want to post another bad cop thread right now lol.

Ex-student sues college for excessive force by police

www.fox32chicago.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join