It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Middle Class, 2014 SSA wage info.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose
I find it ridiculous that fast food employees with 5 years experience make more then some TIG welders with 10 years experience. I see bulls1t jobs all the time for tig welders with 10+ years experience ranging from 11-13 an hour. The funny thing is, most tig welders I know are highly educated and do complex trig and calc on a daily basis just as a part of their job, not to mention needing knowledge of metal chemistry, structural and pipe engineering, mechanics, and print reading on complex pieces but also usually have to do their job in dangerous and usually uncomfortable position's. I myself am a welder fabricator and find it insulting that people that reheat frozen food makes what they do. To me it says the value of the work I do is well basically worthless.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I agree with you 100%. When the SHTF and we need welders instead of burger flippers, then what?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

If both got paid a reasonable amount we could have both no? I and most have no issues with pay discrepancy, it's the extremes that's the problem as well as the not enough for living without government assistance.

Everyone complains about paying for welfare when the only reason welfare exists for the most part is jobs not paying enough to not need it.
edit on 10/26/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
America will always need burger flippers, so I guess the welders become scientologists and join seaorg

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I think Mr. HAWKINS not being able to physically move or speak has nothing to do with pulling his degree out of his ass. He never stopped working...thats my point.

There are many telemarketing jobs, social media set up work, and other jobs that do not require much physical strain...just a determined mind. Many parapalegics and heart attack folks get continuing education, degrees, and even jobs!

It is not societies responsibility to take care of me. It is mine and mine alone. And I hace, thru determination and sheer refusal to fail.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This has been coming for a long time. We are just now starting to feel it and it is not something that can be blamed on any one issue alone.

I think as far as the young are concerned they have been infantalized and unprepared for the world even after college. I know so many people who have late 20s early 30s kids who live with them and don't work. Too many expect to just show up to a good job that is just waiting for them. Those days are gone. You have to adapt. Treading along trying to make it in the service sector is just a hole that goes nowhere. I saw this coming and went back to school for a different degree in a field that will never be offshored and is subsidized .

At the end of the day despite whatever the government is doing you need to posses marketable skills, adapt to the economy, and plan your finances. The government didn't make you take student loans. They did not make you buy the newest game system or what have you. They also did not force you to have a bunch of children. Live within your means and prioritize. I think how my grandparents had to live and save to have anything in this world. There was no safety net for them. They just did what they had to because the govt wasn't doing anything for anyone.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Does anyone find it amazing how, whenever people talk about getting fair pay all these superhuman people with godly levels of willpower pop out of the woodwork with three jobs going to college, hobbling on one leg with severe anxiety and depression and severe internal medical conditions talking about how they can do it, and come out to tell us to suck it up because these god's amongst men can do it so we can too and it's all our fault.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You know what people did before all of the fancy psychological excuses came along and they couldnt hack it? They died.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Whether those people know it or not, they propogate "human resource" the idea we little people are another fossil fuel so to speak.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Ahh so I should just roll over and die cause I'm not superhuman. Got you. I get it, all of us that just can't do it just right.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well no that is not what I am suggesting. It just sounds like you have a bunch of excuses why you "cant" do things to change your situation. You either do it or you don't not to sound like Yoda is what I meant. At the same time you feel it is other peoples fault why you don't have fair pay?

In the old days you did things because there was no other way about it. You walked to work because you didn't have a car. You didn't sit at home collecting welfare, food stamps, and section 8 because walking is too hard.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

In my mind, welfare is a hand up, temporarily, not a hand out forever.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You CAN do it...you apparently think you cannot and others should do it for you. I don't understand the "can't do it" attitude that is everywhere nowadays.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I think the grills will need welding before flippers are hired to use them.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
For those that get out of the service and become homeless understand the difficulties of getting a job without an address or cell phone. Forget the car, get caught driving that cause you couldn't afford insurance, then your a criminal. I've been there before and I didn't even make excuses, I eventually found a job that payed me 10$ an hour and I had to work with druggies, violent felons and drinks and on more then one occasion I was injured or almost killed for that 10$ an hour. Everyone's situation is different, and no matter how we cut the sh*t jobs in America are on a decline. Quality of life is declining, I do alot of work refabbing machines in junkyards, I just watched about 40 guys lose their jobs a few weeks ago because scrap cars is down to $35 a ton. Now I'm slow cause they cant pay me to keep their machines in operation. I repair equipment like excavators for development contractors they are laying off left and right as well because no one is building. Industry is in decline everywhere.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Exactly. I had a friend who received disability for a heart condition. He was an artist and drank a lot for about 10 years while collecting disability. Eventually his sister became very ill and needed a lot of expensive care. Suddenly this guy (my friend) is out hitting the streets working every job he can because the disability wasn't cutting it and he was finally motivated . In a perfect world we could all be taken care of but until that day comes I'm not counting on anyone else to secure my future but me.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I walked to work for years, a good part of my life. Been on food stamps only a very small portion of my life. I have pretty much done all that.

And it is my fault, my fault and the fault of all us at the bottom we don't have fair pay, why? Because we allowed for such an upper class to grow and exist and continue to allow for it to grow and exist.

There is no reason for society to be the way it is. The expectations you all think is reasonable are not. Society is supposed to improve, get better as technology improves and such becomes more and more unnecessary. Talking about how it was as an expectation for today is not relevant. Our grandparents had it better then serfs and they better than cave men. Stop trying to keep society in the dark ages and making excuses for societies failure to evolve.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: WCmutant

Until we get the money out of politics, it's only going to get exponentially worse.

That 1% is doing a great job at bribing one another for their own self interests

Or until we put more money into politics. The wages we pay members of congress are the lobbying dollars for the population. When corporations outspend the public, is there any question why we don't have a voice? I'll skip the math for now but for a mere $10 more on your taxes per year directly going to congress we could spend the corporations out of influence.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Taxes never get rescinded so the politicians get a pay raise and the corporations still keep their interests without spending more.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: WCmutant

Until we get the money out of politics, it's only going to get exponentially worse.

That 1% is doing a great job at bribing one another for their own self interests

Or until we put more money into politics. The wages we pay members of congress are the lobbying dollars for the population. When corporations outspend the public, is there any question why we don't have a voice? I'll skip the math for now but for a mere $10 more on your taxes per year directly going to congress we could spend the corporations out of influence.

Naw they'll just continue to take both and double dip.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join