It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: What are your political bullet points?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Let's talk about politics....what are your political bullet points and why???
Please tell me about yourself and why you are who you are and NO BEING MEAN...lets play nice and simply discuss different viewpoints.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Republican and have never voted for a democrat...

I worship no being in the sky(in the conventional sense) but am extremely pleased that our founding fathers were children of the Judeo-Christian ethos as its egalitarian principles are the driving force in what is the greatest civilization the world has ever seen....IMHO

I am a conservative, Texas born citizen who loves America, broadway, and golf....my wife and I travel to NY about 5-7 times a year for broadway binges(7 shows in 5 nights typically)....
And I find that almost everyone I run across on these trips paints us the same way....and I am always happy to befriend and alter their perspective...

As for abortion, both my wife and I are pro-choice....she has always been pro-choice but I am a convert...
My former position was proactive, aggressive prevention but logistically I have learned this to be an impossibility...

I have a gay sibling and believe core conservative values demand that the government has no business legislating love and am a staunch gay advocate...

I believe in alien life and wish we spent the same percentage of our gdp on space exploration as we did under Kennedy and Von Braun...

Again, none of my beliefs are based upon a belief in a supernatural being who created me in his image but from my own sensibilities framed by epigenetic happenstance and experiences which have made me who I am...
edit on 26-10-2015 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone
I have never registered with a political party and I've voted for various parties. I usually vote liberal or libertarian.

I'm 100% pro-choice (but wouldn't choose to have an abortion under any circumstances except my life being at stake).

I support equal treatment under the law for all citizens.

I support the second amendment - and believe we need to do more to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

I support the freedom to express one's religion, but strongly support the separation between church and state.

I love my country and believe that we are a nation of secular law, and we shouldn't be involved in religious wars.

I think we should take care of OURSELVES before we reach out to help or 'build' other countries. Healthcare should be a single payer system.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone So what you are telling me is that your wife has a magical vagina that squeezes a mind into that brain just at that miraculous moment of birth? If you irradiate an oak seed that is planted in fertile soil aren't you in effect killing a tree? I am fine with an abortion, but the plumbing must go then too. In essence, the question has always been yes or no. A blessing or a curse, this is your choice.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kenzohattori69
I am fine with an abortion, but the plumbing must go then too.

Are you saying you are OK if a woman gets ONE abortion, as long as she then submits to a surgical procedure that she doesn't want - that renders her unable to get pregnant? Just want to make sure I understand your comment.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone There is no true remedy under law, only compensation in lieu of. My first political act will be a DNR on myself, God forbid it ever come to that.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

Nope...my wife is not magic and I refuse to address the depravity of your message in its entirety....
She is an inner city ER physician at one of the highest volume Emergency departments in the US...her job has altered my stance on abortion...

I don't drink, curse or smoke though I used to do all of those things....I changed my mind almost 2 decades ago because none of those behaviors reflected who had become as i aged...
Abortion, like the aformentioned list, is not a moral issue for me but a logistical one....while I accept it is an arguably despicable practice, I understand by proxy its existence and, imho, necessity.

-Christosterone

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic An abortion isn't a surgical procedure. It is the termination of a life. In no way would I condone murder. It would be different if the conception was the result of a rape.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Sidenote: Your thoughtfulness on MANY threads is one of the reasons I come to ATS...

-Christosterone

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone Abortion is a depraved act. I drink, curse, smoke. Some nights I remember to pray, enjoy your republic

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The bill of rights.

That's the best set of political bullet points I've ever seen.

Keep that strong and protected. And you won't go far wrong.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I am an independent that was raised to be a Democrat. I believe in helping our own out first before fixing anothers closet for them. I have voted for mainly Democrat but once a Republican.

I am pro choice,I believe in gun ownership.

I am a supporter of separation of church and state.

I believe in America being more isolationist than not.

I have an issue with people that say America is the greatest country in the world,without backing it up and proving it.
No offense intended OP.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Fair enough....I stated Americas greatness to be my opinion but understand if you have a different perspective...
As an American I am exceedingly biased in assessing governance but I base it on a myriad of factors....
Wealth generation, inventive prowess, inherent iq, charitable donations, military prowess, scientific prowess, medical prowess, space exploration, and a slew of other tangible statistics which I believe speak for themselves.

-Christosterone

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

What are your political bullet points?

Perhaps we should save our bullet points for the theological fascist that want to take control.
edit on 26-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I can agree with your assessment,I have a different criteria myself.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Nice try, NSA agent!! You'll never get me to catalogue my libertarian politcal views! Oh, wait...

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I believe in God the Father, Jesus His Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I am a paleoconservative/modern libertarian/traditionalist Republican... whatever you want to call it. I believe today's GOP has shifted so far to the left that they are America's current liberal party and the Democrats are America's version of Canada's NDP.

I am pro-life with a handful of sensible exceptions.

I am wholeheartedly opposed to America's taxation system, which I believe to be dragging the nation down inch by damn inch.

I am opposed to free rides.

I am opposed to war without spoils. I wouldn't have an issue with America's infatuation with empire building, if the government actually built an empire... the current trend of destroying a country then paying to rebuild it is ridiculous to me. Better off to keep our military at home than to use them, then spend even more to undue it all.

I believe 100% in national protectionism. Import tariffs should be set at a rate which makes domestic production more desirable than offshoring, immigration should be solidly pegged to unemployment figures, illegal immigration should be fought with great prejudice, and current disadvantageous to America treaties and agreements like NAFTA and the TPP should be immediately discarded.

I believe in a 100% merit based society in which those who put the most in get the most in return. I also believe there should be no such thing as "too big to fail." If you can't make it, you collapse... bottom line.

I believe Constitutional rights are unquestionable and distinct in their combined implicit and explicitness. "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is as written and any politician who questions that should be immediately thrown from office in disgrace.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I too am a native born Texan and while I have voted Republican and Green Party in the past, I predominantly align myself with progressive principles and usually vote Democrat.

While I do support a person's right to practice the religion of their choice, or none at all, I do not believe that right includes imposing their beliefs on others, including but not limited to employees.

I am a staunch supporter of separation of church & state and while both of my parents are ordained ministers of a metaphysical faith that I do align with, I'm not a big fan of organized religion.

Personally, I don't believe in a "supreme being" or creator/judge/God, but I do believe that all life is connected and I'm open to at least some element of intelligent design like the possible tweaking of our DNA by ETs in times past.

I too have a gay sibling and I support LGBT rights, but I'd feel the same way even if my sibling wasn't gay. It's more about "equal" rights than anything else.

I believe in the right to bear arms, but I don't believe that right comes without limits and/or regulations.

I believe in the right to self defense, but I also believe that the idea of the people being sufficiently armed to overthrow their government is pure insanity, at least in this day and time. (It might sound good to some, but I assure you, it ain't gonna happen)

I too, believe in alien life and I also believe that our government spends far more of our GDP on space science than we'll ever know. I believe NASA was just for public viewing, the really good stuff is being funded off the books in black OPs and/or secret space programs.

When it comes to abortion, I have mixed emotions and views as I'm sure many people do. In other words, I don't think anyone is actually "pro-abortion," but I think most people realize that in certain cases it may be necessary.

The one thing I do know, is that I don't feel like I should have the right to interfere with decisions made between a patient and their doctor.

I believe in universal, not for-profit, single payer healthcare.

I believe that free public education should include 2 yrs. of pre-K and 4 yrs. of college.

I believe that any and all trade pacts should include clauses mandating that products be manufactured in the same country they're going to be sold in, or "heavily" taxed to offset the difference in economies and standards of living. I also believe they should include strict global pollution and worker safety standards that are at least as stringent as our own.

Right now, I support Bernie Sanders for POTUS and I definitely can not see myself supporting any of the conservative candidates.

The only conservative I can somewhat agree with is Rand Paul, but even he has some positions I cannot bring myself to support. (Like his belief that a business owner has the right to refuse service based on religious objections)

I'm currently 59 yrs. old. While I am truly a "jack of all trades," I worked as a union longshoreman for 32 yrs. prior to my retirement in 2005 and now the biggest joy in my life is my grand children.

I only wish I would have had this kinda time to spend with my own children when they were growing up and I was working.

So, there I AM.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I'm nothing. Don't belong to any political party.

My philosophy is that I don't care.

I don't care if gays get married.
I don't care if you get an abortion, though I think it's wrong.
I don't care if you don't like guns, I do and I'm keeping mine.
I don't care what you say, and I will stay free to voice my own opinion.
I don't care if you want higher taxes. YOU pay more. I don't want to.
I don't care about the unemployment rate, I'll always find work.
I don't care about religion, go pray if you want, I'll pass. Thank you.
I don't care f you smoke pot. I'll drink whiskey.

I don't think the world will end if Hillary or Sanders, or Cruz, or Carson, r even Jeb get elected. I don't hitch my wagon to any politician or political party. I work, support my family regardless of whatever jackass is in Washington.

I don't care.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
1. Law enforcement & the criminal justice system need to apply the law the same to all of us. No one should be above the law, bankers & war leaders included.

2. A stronger social safety net. No one deserves to starve, be homeless, or not have access to healthcare.

3. No more wars! From 2000 to 2013, we've spent more than $7.7 TRILLION just on the Department of Defense! And that doesn't include the supplemental wars budgets for Afghanistan & Iraq that came out to another $100 billion or so per year (note: that's for every year those supplemental war budgets were requested, not for every year between 2000 & 2013).

4. Improve our own infrastructures, which includes building a nationwide high speed rail system, a high tech "smart" energy grid, and a system of desalination plants w/distribution pipelines (no more droughts!). I don't think we should completely stop foreign aid. But if we drastically reduce it & our Dept of Defense budgets (and our subsidies to energy & banking firms), that extra money would go a long way towards building these projects.

I have others but meh lol. I just hate that many Americans only care about how much a program costs when the program is designed to help poor Americans. But they support a blank check if the program is for killing people.

(and yeah, I'm mad)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
A reply to all:
This is exactly what I was hoping for...intelligent people not sniping...Simply enumerating their informed opinions (save the guy who insulted my wife)

Thank you all for the continuing decorum and VERY compelling posts....I would star all of y'all but my iPad won't let me star anything since the latest iOS 9.1.2 update...

But I will star each of you next time I'm at my PC

Thanks again and please keep em coming....

One more thing about the op:
I forgot to say I'm pro guns and have loaded .357MG revolvers in each of our nightstands...
Although I am yet to hear an argument that sways me into supporting fully automatic ak-47s or M16s to kill deer.

*****And my wife drinks alcohol....I don't have anything against drinking, only that i personally don't do it because I think long term it would not have worked out for me...

-Christosterone
edit on 26-10-2015 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join