It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis While in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
While in Afghanistan, I went through a sleep paralysis episode that was likely the most frightening experience in my life. I was laying, taking a nap on guard shift (there was two of us doing rotating shifts in a tower, not a #bag lol) when I woke up and went through all the symptoms everyone here is familiar with. It was horrible. Then, the part that truley scared my hapenned. I could feel almost a evil prescense asking it to let it in. Screaming at it. I could feel myself crying from absolute terror, but unable to do anything about it. I think i saw a shadow to my right, but I couldnt move. I began to scream out in my head of course for God, and it went away. Thoughts? It was terrifying guys. Terrifying.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: camtheman77

Unfortunately, I have only had one Sleep Paralysis episode myself. I really wish I could have more, despite the traumatic experience, because it's such an interesting phenomena, and desperately needs more studying.

Where you experienced it seems like probably the absolute worst place to have one, however. Good thing you didn't snap out of it in a panic, guns blazing.

Nevertheless, I'm torn on the paranormal/natural explanation to Sleep paralysis after watching a particular documentary on it. Usually I would say that this would be a naturally occurring sleep disorder, but it seems as there may or may not be something else pulling the strings (inconclusively, of course).

My thoughts on your particular experience is equally inconclusive. Do you have them often?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Im very familiar with SP. I have a couple threads on it.
One night i even had a shared SP even with my wife. I dont know if it was coincidence or not, but it happened at the exact same time, and we both snapped out of it almost on cue.
i dont get scared from it any more at all. I actually look forward to it and hope that it happens. It makes my next step very easy.
The most important thing to TRY to remember when in SP, is your fear is ruining it for you. Yes ruining it.
Once you tell and convince yourself that there isnt anything to be scared of, you will learn how to use SP for something much more intense and incredible.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Im very familiar with SP. I have a couple threads on it.
One night i even had a shared SP even with my wife. I dont know if it was coincidence or not, but it happened at the exact same time, and we both snapped out of it almost on cue.
i dont get scared from it any more at all. I actually look forward to it and hope that it happens. It makes my next step very easy.
The most important thing to TRY to remember when in SP, is your fear is ruining it for you. Yes ruining it.
Once you tell and convince yourself that there isnt anything to be scared of, you will learn how to use SP for something much more intense and incredible.
wow i,m glad i,m not only one who thinks that,about a year ago ago i was Experiencing it every few nights and was freaking out,girlfriend was having to wake me up cause apparently i was giving out screams in my sleep.

mean it got that regular i had feeling of someone coming into room and feeling like they sat on me or next to me and i couldn,t move.

this was happening quite regular that i knew what was happening to me and i found i could actually control it and it got to point where i no longer freaked out but just basicly went with the flow.

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)
oh and i also started looking forward to it which my gf called me a freak but as soon as i knew how to control it and it didn,t freak me anymore the sp stopped?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: camtheman77 You made your choice, sounds like you are fine. Enjoy the wait.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Op: please check your inbox.

Sparky: have you had any SP experiences since losing your fear of it? Did the completely stop Or are they just spaced out more, rather than as often as you where used to having them?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
When I had my first run in with SP it was an incredibly strange experience, which I have not yet recreated. I had been having a series of Lucid Dreams in the morning, one after another, having 8 or so in total. After this burst of dreams I found myself in SP, unable to move, my vision was partially obscured as my blanket was partially over my face and was looking towards the wall. I was unable to tell for sure if I was dreaming, but then I suddenly felt as though my legs had dropped to the floor, right through the bed. As this happened I felt myself suddenly able to move again, but my vision never moved, I could feel nothing of the bed, and had gone and stood up, all the while all I am still viewing the world from my sleep paralysis stage. I was able to walk around the room and touch things with this invisible avatar that I was controlling. I didn't feel afraid while this was going on, more just a sense of wonder.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Op: please check your inbox.

Sparky: have you had any SP experiences since losing your fear of it? Did the completely stop Or are they just spaced out more, rather than as often as you where used to having them?
no didn,t completely stop after i stopped having fear,i had a few after but having them didn,t freak me out,it was like i could control what happened in them,i think i only had about 3 after that and haven,t had one in about a year,it was like a burst over a month or 2,never had it before,never had it since.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicTurtle

Sounds like you had an astral projection !

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
My guess is that you were just dead tired, and had a lot of things on your mind.
I had a couple sleep paralysis episodes while deployed. One time I could not breath, and just laid there thinking I was gonna suffocate, but I got woken up and all was well. A few times, catching some Zees in a patrol base, I would wake up after 45mins or an hour, but would be unable to see, because my eyes would not "roll down" despite my best efforts. That would usually last for around 10 seconds or so.
Deployments f*** with your mind body and soul. That's all.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Me and my husband have both had them. I either call on Jesus or rebuke them in the name of Jesus. That works. I believe when there are certain symptoms that go with it, like inability to scream, move, feeling as someone is sitting on you, choking or dragging you... then it's an evil spirit. I have read a lot about them. Just look up on YouTube 'sleep paralysis'.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: shinethelight

Me and my husband have both had them. I either call on Jesus or rebuke them in the name of Jesus. That works. I believe when there are certain symptoms that go with it, like inability to scream, move, feeling as someone is sitting on you, choking or dragging you... then it's an evil spirit. I have read a lot about them. Just look up on YouTube 'sleep paralysis'.

Peace
no offence but jesus or god don,t come into my believe structure so i could call michelle,julie,tracey and rebuke them in their names but don,t think it,ll make a difference.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

It is awful and frightening, My sleep paralysis experience is quite different however, I would feel that sensation of being unable to move amd be awake but somehow not in phase with my body and then I would feel a great heat in my head that would spread throug me (sometimes with a sensation like someone litterally sitting on my head) and a suffocating sensation as if I was being smothered, I would get very, very angry, I would start to move and try to get AT the presence that was causing the terror, though I at first could not move then forced myself and moved very slowly as I felt that heat filling my whole and grew desperate for air which would increase my sense of rage but I never got to the being or saw it in my direct vision, always before I got to is as I began to sit up I would feel a snapping as if I was breaking bond's of some kind or overpowering something and would then snap awake usually jerking to my feet at the same time, then in that instant I would usually see a shadow over me and litterally (but unaffectively) try to grab it with my physical hand's reaching for what I took to be were it's heart would be as it litterally dissipated or faded from my waking sight.

Some sleep paralysis is sometime's just a natural fatigue experience, some is caused by stress and some is genuinely paranormal in origin, I think you encountered what I call a nasty and you did the right thing calling on God which is why it has not happened again as I think you encountered and evil spirit, I still want to get my hands on the entity that did it to me though and fully believe that one day in some plane of existant I shall do just that.

edit on 26-10-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I didn't have a lot of SP in service. But I had a real issue with it as a kid and again after I ETSd.

The whole gamut from simple 'something's in the room with me', to violent abduction, friendly abduction, dead people in bed with me, people pulling the covers off me, someone in the kids' rooms, you name it, I had it.

I think the dead people ones were likely the worst. Pretty # horrifying at the time, actually.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

You want more, you must be utterly bonkers, I am admittedly a little mad myself but believe me you are blessed to not experience more.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicTurtle
When I had my first run in with SP it was an incredibly strange experience, which I have not yet recreated. I had been having a series of Lucid Dreams in the morning, one after another, having 8 or so in total. After this burst of dreams I found myself in SP, unable to move, my vision was partially obscured as my blanket was partially over my face and was looking towards the wall. I was unable to tell for sure if I was dreaming, but then I suddenly felt as though my legs had dropped to the floor, right through the bed. As this happened I felt myself suddenly able to move again, but my vision never moved, I could feel nothing of the bed, and had gone and stood up, all the while all I am still viewing the world from my sleep paralysis stage. I was able to walk around the room and touch things with this invisible avatar that I was controlling. I didn't feel afraid while this was going on, more just a sense of wonder.

Very interesting, I had to fight my way back into my body, for me it was like being under water, I could see everything but there was that ripply like when you see the light in an aquarium, one occasion I was outsided and had to force myself downward toward the house which along with everything else seemed to be deep underwater though the street light's were on as if it was another plane or something that overlaps this one, on three occassions I had to force myself against a current that seemed to be trying to pull me backward and down as I walked back to my sleeping body on the bed, I felt as if I was under water on those occasions too and my limbs were sluggish as I leaned forward and forced myself back to my body, it looked dark on the bed but I would not let go of it and as I touched my body I would wake up, this was before My later SP episodes in which I got angry with whatever was doing it to me.

edit on 26-10-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yea, I know alot of times its kind of just a paralyzed feeling, but there was something there. I know it in my guy. I felt it looking at me, felt it talking to me.I felt a really heavy weight on my chest. It bothered me so much that I went to the chaplain and told him what happened. I was bothered for a while, scared to go to sleep. I beleive in God, I am not a bible thumper however. But after that, my faith changed. Im not a Bi&&h, but wow. I would rather be shot at again then go through that. Idk how to explain it. I knew whatever it was was just evil. I was very tired and I understand the body being aboslutely drained portion of SP, but this wasnt just paraylsis. Thats why it bothers me and still does.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

When your in sleep paralysis your mind is awake and your body is asleep. You get this really heavy feeling like someone is holding you down and it is hard to breath. This is just your mind in a lower frequency and you being conscious of your body at the same time. It feels harder to breath and you feel really heavy.

As a couple other member said, in these states of mind, feelings are what dictate your experience.
If you feel fear, your mind creates something terrifying.

If you feel love, your mind creates a loving experience.

Now...Being asleep on guard during shift in afganistan would scare the absolute crap out of me and pretty much anyone. The original subconscious fear of an enemy lurking creates a fearful state of mind, which creates your experience, which then is further enhanced by your feelings of being attacked as you enter into these states of mind.

When you woke up from this experience were you harmed in anyway? My guess is no. Maybe a little shaken up about what happened but you are physically fine. You will always be physically ok.

You have to understand, do not be afraid. Be confident and feel love. Fall into the the heavy feeling and breath deep and feel positive energy. Have complete confidence that you are ok and that that there is nothing to worry about.

I've experienced these states of mind very many times, j

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I've had SP episodes where shadowy figures would come into my room one after another, after another until my room was filled with them. The feeling of hot hair making my shorts rise up my thigh while frozen (freaky). I've had something literally grab my balls during it as well. Since 6 years old. I know it's the beginning of an Astral trip but getting past that fear is another trip in itself especially when most paralysis involve some fear stroking entities. Most recently I felt the sound of something downloading into me...I can't even describe the feeling of the sound but it was no dream music. I get the chills thinking about that sound though it wasnt creepy, just Hella paranormal. Learn to break free. It takes relaxing and trying your most to wiggle your toes. Or the rebuking in the name of Jesus.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Your post really caught my eye. I did one tour in Afghanistan towards the end of my 12 years in the military and I agree there's something out there spirit-like that tries to manipulate people at their weakest point. I went out there completely emotionally drained after my gf and I (now wife) reluctantly decided to get an abortion because I couldn't get out of the deployment even though I just pcs'd to the base and got notified of deployment 3 DAYS after inprocessing.... found out later 2 people in my workcenter dodged the deployment. I already had plenty of experiences in 12 years and wasn't due to deploy anytime soon. Anyways.... I was doing security out there, supervising guards and workers 12 hours a day, plenty of time to regret the decision you had to make. As time goes on, you can feel something strong trying to manipulate your thoughts... it's evil and you can feel it. I have an IQ of 145 and I've never been pushed into a religion or focused on spiritual things at that point, but I'm 50 percent navajo and it kicks in every now and then to warn me. I did horrible things to destroy my relationship out there that I would NEVER normally do and spent months after deployment fixing things, luckily I overcame this force or Whatever after a couple years of fighting it. Prior to the development I had a sleep paralysis episode where 6 dark shadow entities raised me 5 feet off the bed in the middle of the night in complete terror. I'm a big guy but I screamed my ass off trying to get out of their control. .. my girlfriend freaked out too... it was a full moon and lots of light shined in to the room with EVERY SINGLE DETAIL THE EXACT SAME AS WHAT I SAW IN THE DREAM. I screamed because I had no control of my body but my eyes and they kept effortlessly lifting me towards the ceiling of the room. I never felt like I woke up, just that the shadows let me go. Honestly like in the Conan movie, on my life. There's something in Afghanistan that is attracted to a weak spirit.... it's evil and vengeful. I learned to forget these things as no one talks about it after deployment but your post confirms what I felt out there. There's something else in the mountains of Afghanistan that we're interested in besides lithium deposits, oil, and minerals.... it's a creepy place if you stop and listen.... feels like something strong and ancient trying to manipulate your thoughts. I'm not scared of dying but I won't go back because of the things I can't see or touch, phuck that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join