It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More strange sightings above Kaikoura

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well here we are guys....another sighting in Kaikoura New Zealand....Im on dialup so cant upload the pic,but there looks to be a good pic if anyone can post it in this thread.....enjoy guys.

From the source below.
www.stuff.co.nz...

Strange sights over Kaikoura, circled, but is it evidence of visitors to our skies?

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it a drone, microlight, helicopter or balloon?

Not according to Kaikoura resident Debbie Smith who inadvertently photographed the strange phenomenon over the skies last week.

Smith was taking a photo to help with an oil painting. It was not until much later, while going through the photos on her computer, that she realised she had captured two unusual objects in the picture.

"The distance I was standing was so far away that it would be far too big to be a drone. Neither object appears immediately before or after in the sequence of photos I took, and no balloon could move so quickly out of frame."

She did not hear any noise at the time, and she would have noticed if it had been a regular moving object like a bird, Smith said.

"Whatever it is, it must have moved fast."

She contacted Tauranga's UFOCUS group who were very excited when they saw the photo and sent it on to a technical guru for analysis.

Kaikoura's resident astronomer, retired Canterbury University professor Larry Field, inspected the image and even after some image enhancement admitted it looked a bit strange.

It did not conform to the standard drone that looked like a flying saucer because the gear was on top rather than underneath, he said.

This was not the first time Kaikoura's skies had been the subject of such debate - the Kaikoura Lights were famously spotted in December 1978 by a cargo aircraft as well as an Australian TV crew.
Ad Feedback

In April 2012, things got exciting again with numerous sightings of a strange floating light, until that was debunked, the lights turning out to be paper lanterns.

Then in December 2013, footage of an object flying over the peninsula was posted on YouTube by photographer Martin Kantor. In the end it was presumed to be a bumblebee flying close to the water.

- Kaikoura Star

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ
Hard to see without being able to zoom. From what I can tell I would say hoax, once a few sightings in a town then comes the "evidence".

I liked the comment section " what are the white fluffy things in the sky".

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Here's your pic..not too big though, use the link.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus
30 odd years between sightings though,with the first being one of the best examples of such.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Looks like a couple birds.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Here is a better picture..

cdn.3news.co.nz...

www.3news.co.nz...

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

sometimes i wonder if we can break our 4th wall and exit our 3d world.. I wonder if i would look like random blotches of color and body as it moves i move and when it is gone i have left

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
For those who don't know, this is far from the first time Kaikoura has had weird sightings

weirdaustralia.com...

edit on 26-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Its 2015 and we STILL can't get zoom to work on our cameras.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

read the quote,she was taking pics and noticed they were there afterwards

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Zooming in to the posted pictures, I notice roughly rectangular "selection frames" surrounding both objects and slightly away from each object (affecting background). They don't appear anywhere else, around any other objects in the photo, so they are not the result of a photo 'sharpening' filter applied to the photo.

The only conclusion is that they have been inexpertly copied and pasted into the image with a non-professional picture editing software (like MS Paint).

Fake.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Ive looked and cant see anything odd. Care to post an image that you have inspected?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Zooming in to the posted pictures, I notice roughly rectangular "selection frames" surrounding both objects and slightly away from each object (affecting background). They don't appear anywhere else, around any other objects in the photo, so they are not the result of a photo 'sharpening' filter applied to the photo.

The only conclusion is that they have been inexpertly copied and pasted into the image with a non-professional picture editing software (like MS Paint).

Fake.

Checked it based on what you said here and I agree. (Not being an expert or anything, but it's obvious once you take a good look.) Well done.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Well, most peoples "camera" is a phone.. which is not a camera at all. It has the crappiest of zoom functions, and is about worthless at night. Not many wander around even still, with a camera armed with a fully functioning mechanical zoom lens.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

Ive looked and cant see anything odd. Care to post an image that you have inspected?

I'm having upload issues.

But, if you right click the second image from spacespider's post above, and go 'save as'.

Then (if you have Windows), download & install Paint.NET (it's free), load the saved image and zoom in a few times.

edit on 26/10/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Too distant to see anything of value.
I don't really see the point in starting these kinds of threads, when the source is basically 'nothing', if you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

hi chr0naut ... i am tending to agree....but....

its such a low resolution pic....and....if it is a UFO....
(and assuming it is operating on some sort of electro-magnetic system....)
maybe its distorting the background because of its high energy 'envelope'

just thinkin....

top topics

join