It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex-change woman sent to all-male prison - Bristol, UK

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

But....

She was a guy and maybe he is still in there somewhere wanting to be in Female prison to spy on all the women in the shower room.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: grainofsand

But....

She was a guy and maybe he is still in there somewhere wanting to be in Female prison to spy on all the women in the shower room.

Do you really believe that?
I'd say fear of violence in a male prison is the more likely reason for wishing to be in a female prison.

What about lesbian prisoners who enjoy showering in female prisons? Segregate them to protect the poor heterosexual female prisoners from being spied on?

And I'll say it again, I would prefer to be sent to a male prison being the bloke I am than the person in the OP, for pretty obvious reasons.
At least you don't appear to be part of the "Let the freak get whatever happens, shouldn't have broken the law" brigade. A lot of folk in this thread I'm pleased to say I do not know in real life.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Yah, and you don't understand the goal of jail I think.

The consequence of imprisonment is the lost of liberty. This is the goal, the sentence, the retributed justice, we as a society think right. Nature is crude and unfair. In nature this person won't ever been called a women. Human want a justice above that, we invented ways to go against nature. You don't have to feel bad, we can do it, and make you a women against nature laws. This justice is human, we as a society think we can make people happy and feel right about them self. The fact you can now choose is a society gift.

This person think (she)->he was above mankind, he hurt another person. He deserve a sentence, the imprisonment, losing he's right to be part of society. We are not cruel, he won't die, he will eat well (may be not it's UK), he will have protection.

That's it, he won't chose were he live, nor where he go. He won't chose what he eat or when he go out.
He, won't be free. He's a men, losing all the attribute the society gave him. He think he's above human society anyway. Letting him choose the jail in which he goes is a luxury no other prisoner had.

You really think you are just saying that he can? You really think it's just he get's society support for he's choice when he betray it?

Let's give those medicine to people that deserve the support of society. I'm sure some poor people have "gender disphoria" and cannot have the chance to change, because they doesn't have money.

Yea, this case is unfair. Not for the guy going in jail, I don't care about him, for the poor that cannot afford those choice because they work with this society, to pay a criminal the luxury of a sex change.

This is unfair, No for the guy going in jail, but for the guy that got attacked and might have lost great in he's life. That is person who deserve society help.

So, yes, your little dude, I don't like him. He has to shut up and pay. When he will get out of jail, the society will take (him)-­>her again... That's the fun part of the deal, she had paid for her crimes, we think is enough. And society find that just that she can have, again, it's support.

End of the story justice delivered.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Pay to help people to get back in track: Ok.
Pay to give descent life to prisonner: Ok.
Pay to let them choose how to live : Not.

EDIT:

Judge decide that he's a dude, he his. When doc will fair for his sanity, they will change him anyway. And, against my opinions (society choice), they will give medecine. So do worries, we will lose money on him.
edit on 28-10-2015 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2015 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PersonneX
Let's give those medicine to people that deserve the support of society. I'm sure some poor people have "gender disphoria" and cannot have the chance to change, because they doesn't have money.
No you are incorrect. Remember the OP story is from the UK, we have health care for every citizen funded by taxes. Gender dysphoria and reassignment surgery is included as a funded NHS treatment.

When doc will fair for his sanity, they will change him anyway. And, against my opinions (society choice), they will give medecine. So do worries, we will lose money on him.
Every prisoner costs money, every patient of the NHS costs money, that's a fact of British life.
I'm happy for hormone drugs to continue to be provided to prisoners. I am happy that all prisoners in the UK have the right to continuing treatment by the NHS as people who are not prisoners.
Prison is loss of liberty, not denial of medical treatment.

Oh, and if it was my decision I would certainly not place the prisoner from the OP in a male wing prison, for obvious safety concerns. You may wish them to be placed at greater risk than the average male prisoner, but then that says much about yourself.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Just for information purposes, the girl in the OP has been transferred to a female prison now upon the directions of a judge who overruled the stupid magistrate of the lower court which sent her to a male prison.
A common sense decision which now sets a precedent in the UK so unlucky all you rabid bigots out there who seemed to be almost baying for blood, you lose, 'the law' has made it's decision.

There is further ongoing thread about this case where Benevolent Heretic broke the news about her move to a female prison, so here's a link to that exact point of the thread if you wish to see how the conversation has developed since...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31.10.2015 by grainofsand because: fixed link

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join