It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic fast food commercial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here's a Monday morning time-waster for you.

I just love advertising.
Ever been to a fast food joint and been served by someone like this?
Me neither.
I like how the guy acts like he's literally embarrassed and ashamed to ask for a burger with no pickle and no lettuce. If that isn't enough, the guy's wife has the unmitigated gall to request a special order as well. Who do they think they are? The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge? Undaunted, the Burger King server cheerfully replies (through song, no less) that they can indeed "have it their way".
And they all lived happily ever after!

Fast food ad pictures vs. reality:
(No rational person would expect the food to actually look like the ad pictures. One can imagine what those fast food workers want to do to that guy.)

Useless fast food facts:

Did you know that in the continental U.S.,
you're never more than 115 miles from a McDonalds?

In the U.S., 1 in 4 people eat some type of fast food every day..

Coincedentally, 1 in 4 Americans don't think fast food is unhealthy.
edit on 26-10-2015 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Tsk tsk. The counter girl didn't try to upsell the family at all! I guess she was too distracted by the special orders to offer fries or offer to upgrade their to meals or the drinks to large!

edit on 26-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Also did you know that if you get food that DOESN'T look like the commercial you can simply ask them to remake it and have it look like the ones in the commercial,and they will do it.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

Also did you know that if you get food that DOESN'T look like the commercial you can simply ask them to remake it and have it look like the ones in the commercial,and they will do it.

Complete with extra "special sauce", maybe a booger or two under the melted cheese, and who knows what else...

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

ack

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

This must have been before your time. Believe it or not, Burger King was the only fast food burger place where they would make your burger to order. They were in competition with McDonalds, where back than, if you didn't like pickles you had to take them off the burger yourself because they were already pre-made. They later pushed their flame broiled burger over McDonald's fried burger.

I started out in Advertising and even though these commercials were kind of goofy, the musical jingle would really stick in peoples heads. That's something every business wants.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Who actually eats that ick anyway??? This is why I actually COOK and use a local butcher shop. (Ohh and hunting for your own meat never hurts either)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

while i am not going to argue that one can become the paragon of healthfulness by doing the Super Size Me diet....i will point out that the fast food bashing has (for quite some time) lived in the land of hyperbole. You won't die eating McD's 3 times a day for a year. You may or may not gain weight, depending on your blood type and overall metabolism (as well as level of activity and caloric intake). My oldest eats fast food twice a day every day, weighs 120lbs (he's only 5'8", little pip squeak), and competes in adult level tennis leagues.

The still in the second video is just dumb. Yes, some Big Mac's may look that way. Typically they have lettuce overflowing the ouside, and some "secret sauce" oozing out one side. But that still shows the saddest product they could find out of lord knows how many. And it has it on a BK char griller, although McD's doesn't do char grilling.

In short: the "hit piece" is full of just as much propaganda as the original ads.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix
Who actually eats that ick anyway??? This is why I actually COOK and use a local butcher shop. (Ohh and hunting for your own meat never hurts either)

While i am not arguing with any of your second sentence (and parenthetical statement), the first sentence seems gratuitous.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Every now and then, I get stuck in the black hole of vintage commercials on youtube.

It's so awesome that you can literally find anything on youtube now. There are so many times that me and a friend will be talking about something from when we were kids and sure enough, I can find it on youtube within seconds.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

i will point out that the fast food bashing has (for quite some time) lived in the land of hyperbole. You won't die eating McD's 3 times a day for a year.

I'm not one to argue, but there are those who will:
(The articles appear to have been adequately researched.)

Fast Food's Immediate Damage To Your Health

Dont eat McDonald's

Fast Food is a Major Public Health Hazard

Junk food linked to depression?

You’ll Never Eat McDonald’s Again
edit on 26-10-2015 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Me too! I love YouTube.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

while that may be true, one could get into a link posting battle that, in the end, proves nothing other than money flows into biased research. All kinds of biased research.

Matter of fact, the only time money is spent on researching (in almost all cases) is when someone with something to gain is willing to fund it. Like anti-climate research funded by oil companies. Or shooting research funded by gun makers.

BIas in funding just about always nets out in bias in research. Otherwise, your work may never see the light of day, and you may never be funded again.

Best research I have found: i've eaten McD's moderately my whole life. And am quite healthy.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

But ya gotta admit it's fuuny that a McDonald's employee resource site advised McDonald's employees not to eat McDonald's food.

Now this is hilarious!

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It is funny.

The thing about that was, McD's was trying to provide sound economic advice to a workforce that direly needs sound economic advice.

I am not defending (or knocking) their wage scale. It is what it is. Nor am I knocking/defending their labor strategy from a man hours perspective. If we ignore both of those social issues, you are left with an employer who was pointing out that with what the employee is making, they need to learn to stretch their dollars more.

Which is true. Although its hard to see when it appears that many franchisee's take advantage of their employees.

But if you only have $5/day to eat on, McDonald's isn't going to give you the nutrition or energy needed to survive.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Every now and then, I get stuck in the black hole of vintage commercials on youtube.

LOL @ the youtube "black hole"

No kidding !

I go on youtube to find, for example, a song and the next thing you know it's 3 hours later, I've just watched 176 music videos, and am now watching a movie trailer because the last song I checked out somehow linked to some up and coming movie.

Then another 3 hours have gone by checking out all the related movie trailers.

and then I discover some funny off-the-wall cat video...

join