It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having waaayyy too many dreams a night!! "Awakening" or potential brain problem??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I've been having too many dreams. It has gone for more than a month now.

But recently, I have put the pen down and began recording my dreams immediately after I wake up, usually after roughly 2.5 hours of sleep.

I was surprised at the number and extent of these dreams. The extremely short summary of these dreams in my very small handwriting is taking up one A4 sized paper a day!!

It explained why I completely lose track of time and a 2 hr nap felt like 8 hrs every time!!

Most of the dreams were mundane and often the location, objects, and characters were the same but different story every time and it was pleasant overall. Some are really nice I replay them over and over in my head. Good memories to keep. Many of the themes were from the 19th century Europe which I found interesting because I've never been to Europe. I will often be a child there, playing with other kids scaring each other about the Vikings. There would be two adult women present, one is wearing white and the other wearing black. One of them looks like an Egyptian Goddess, her face but wearing contemporary 19th century attire, disguised as a European woman.

Anyway, the losing track of time part is most annoying. It feels like the days are getting longer because the dreams are progressing at 8 hrs from my perspective while real time has only progressed by 2 hrs.

Nothings different in real life, nor stresses that would explain the change.

Brain problem??

I think I'll keep the computer on so I could record the dreams more efficiently.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
haha i don't think you have a brain problem
. Billion reasons for this to happen, Eating certain foods before bed, Outside stimuli, overactive imagination, Overactive day time stimulation before bed. It's all pretty normal. Just enjoy it! Feel the joy of being able to escape reality so much. =)
Perhaps try and expand on it, take control, Make a dream world you can go back to when ever you sleep.

edit on 26-10-2015 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2015 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I am diabetic and have been told that when i dream too much is because i lack control on my glucose levels, cannot give you a source on that, but do a blood test and measure your tension, who knows if something small means your brain is trying to let you know something is wrong.
edit on 26-10-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Get seriously drunk, you'll remember nothing of your dreams.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
haha i don't think you have a brain problem
. Billion reasons for this to happen, Eating certain foods before bed, Outside stimuli, overactive imagination, Overactive day time stimulation before bed. It's all pretty normal. Just enjoy it! Feel the joy of being able to escape reality so much. =)
Perhaps try and expand on it, take control, Make a dream world you can go back to when ever you sleep.

I can't find a pattern since when it started. I'm always overstimulated at night. I had this computer game and toy RC helicopter and car I keep modifying and playing at night after wsearch in the day.

I cannot exist without tinkering with a machine or codes. I get really cranky if I don't!

Yes I'll try to enjoy those 16 hr dreams!!
edit on 26-10-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

hahaha this, or something cheaper, roll a joint

This does it for me, and no dreams or at least I cannot remember them.
----
op, if there is no problem why are you making one?
Enjoy the dreams and contemplate what they are all about.
Your subconsciousness could be telling you something or it could be you past life. There are many options...

Or you could try to go lucid and control your dream! If you have a good memory of them when awake, that means lucid dreaming is not so far away for you, it is just the next step.
You can do that easily with meditation, possibly in a matter of weeks.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Stress tends to do it for me. Sleep deprivation, too much training, eyes twitching... I figure the intense dreaming is my reward for kicking butt in life. They don't annoy me.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Get seriously drunk, you'll remember nothing of your dreams.

What he said

On other hand you should enjoy it and indeed write them down, i have vivid and strange dreams from which i have forecasted and knew to except something and live with it, I guess if you are good with it you could call it dreamcraft

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Seems very similar to the way my dreams tend to be, but to a greater degree. Not always, but I will very commonly have hours of complicated / intense / anxious dreams. Sometimes it prevents me from feeling rested when I wake up and sometimes I just can't stop thinking about the dreams throughout the day because they were so ridiculous, or because there was something that was particularly personally disturbing.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnHealtyArrogance
What he said

On other hand you should enjoy it and indeed write them down, i have vivid and strange dreams from which i have forecasted and knew to except something and live with it, I guess if you are good with it you could call it dreamcraft

I dream almost immediately as I fell asleep.

Perhaps I only miss the actual sensation of sleeping because the dreams are robbing it and makes me feel like I'm not sleeping. Otherwise I feel rested the next day.

I write them down so I could remember - while laying down, so I do this with paper and pencil (ink pen won't wsearch writing upside down). Because if I sit up, I will forget it.

Some of the scenery were great and if only I could paint, they would make very good paintings. Many were from 19th century European countryside.
edit on 27-10-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join