It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overstock Holds 3 Months Of Food, $10 Million In Gold For Employees In Preparation For Collapse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: proob4

Cause fools will think it's equity and will believe that all will bounce back and they will be the front runners of wealth.

So the Overstock employees are going to be the 'front runners of wealth'? Whatever that means.
I never said that, nice try. try again.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Because it would be a manufactured collapse like everything else.

That did not address my post at all.

So it is manufactured? It still happened and it still would affect Overstock and their go-to-market strategy.
Yes it did. You just don't comprehend what I implied.
edit on 10/25/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

They have all that gold and it's not in the banking system ? I'm surprised they haven't been raided by the government yet.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Because it would be a manufactured collapse like everything else.

That did not address my post at all.

So it is manufactured? It still happened and it still would affect Overstock and their go-to-market strategy.
No the have would still be able to spend while the distressed have not's would not be able to spend.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Frankly I have no idea what you are trying to argue.

link   
What's wrong AugustusMasonicus? Waiting for your handlers to tell you what to say next?

link   

No the have would still be able to spend while the distressed have not's would not be able to spend.

Spend it on what? Who wants gold when money is worthless?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Frankly I have no idea what you are trying to argue.
I doubt you never have any ideas.

link   

What's wrong AugustusMasonicus? Waiting for your handlers to tell you what to say next?

What the hell is that stupid comment supposed to mean?

link   

If you say so.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Spend it on what? Who wants gold when money is worthless?
I'm not even gonna try to educate you on this. Ah what the hell...
Do you even have a clue what barter or trade is?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

If you say so.
I say so.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

What are the going to barter for? If we are in a situation where money becomes useless there really is not much production going on now, is there?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt
Maybe he intends to pay them for a short time even if there is no work to come to...? Not unheard of, some employers who wanted to keep good employees after Hurricane Sandy did similar... just not in gold bullion... that aspect is unique!

In a world were currency becomes useless what good is gold? You cannot eat it.

There is a simple answer.......swim in it...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

What are the going to barter for? If we are in a situation where money becomes useless there really is not much production going on now, is there?
Really? It's gold man. it's gold. Please don't make me have to educate you to what gold does to people? Look I know you can't eat gold to survive and all that crap, but some people in a disastrous situation would trade food for gold in the hope that when the crisis was over they would come out ok. Do you even get that?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There is a simple answer.......swim in it...

That is about all it will be good for.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Really? It's gold man. it's gold. Please don't make me have to educate you to what gold does to people? Look I know you can't eat gold to survive and all that crap, but some people in a disastrous situation would trade food for gold in the hope that when the crisis was over they would come out ok. Do you even get that?

Good for the little group in Utah. How are they going to trade that gold outside of their little gold-using bubble?

If society has broken down to the point where money is worthless than gold becomes equally as worthless. He might as well be hoarding paper dollars. I agree with the other poster who thinks he is using the story as a hype for his investments. Gold has taken a beating over the past two years and he probably would like to see it spike again.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Look AugustusMasonicus I know what you are trying to do, and i'm done with you trying to take this off topic to distract from it.
Like several posters already implied this could not be a global event to where you want to take this discussion.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Good for the little group in Utah. How are they going to trade that gold outside of their little gold-using bubble?

If society has broken down to the point where money is worthless than gold becomes equally as worthless. He might as well be hoarding paper dollars. I agree with the other poster who thinks he is using the story as a hype for his investments. Gold has taken a beating over the past two years and he probably would like to see it spike again.
It's still gold, even from the day of Pharaoh gold is currency and wealth? Seriously where did you go to school? And when did gold become a "He"? Seriously you might be delusional and thinking gold is god or something?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Like several posters already implied this could not be a global event to where you want to take this discussion.

Local or global, it still makes zero sense to hoard gold to pay workers that will not be working since the economy crapped out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join