It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Takes Over The Mid-East: Moscow Ready for Strikes In Iraq, Sets Up Alliance With Jordan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

"Once it became clear that Moscow and Tehran had jointly planned the incursion in Syria with Russia promising full air support and Iran pledging ground troops from Hezbollah, its various Shiite militias, and the IRGC, we immediately suggested that Iraq was next on the agenda after the Assad regime is restored.

"For those unfamiliar with the situation on the ground, we encourage you to read “Who Really Controls Iraq? Inside Iran's Powerful Proxy Armies,” Linked here:www.zerohedge.com... which we outline the extent to which Tehran effectively controls both the Iraqi military and the politicians in Baghdad."

And the following article out of RTwww.rt.com... entitled:
Russia, Jordan to coordinate actions on Syria via Amman-based center, others invited

"Russia and Jordan agreed to create a coordination center in Amman, which will be used by the two countries to share information on the counter-terrorism operations, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said."

"Russia is already in touch with Iran, Iraq and Syria through a Baghdad-based center used for the same purpose."

In an effort to stay somehow on top of events, I thought this article from zero hedge is a relevant read; There is so much news information and so many topics and materials to stay on top of currently..it's entirely overwhelming..so I'll let ATS members lead and and take charge of this one! I'm wondering how Israel is responding to this all..

If you ask me, this big Russia Bear surely is no Goldilocks Papa..
edit on 25-10-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
russia is my new hero and would be a better world police.
if they say they'll kill terrorists, they'll kill terrorists.
not secretly supplying them while destabilizing a whole region and setting up puppet governments like another country...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Ah man, my patriotism is collapsing.

Damn it, U.S.A, *facepalm* better luck next time!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ah yes, the (just barely) #2 arms supplier in the world would surely never supply weapons to groups with shady intentions.

Arms and Excuses

a reply to: anticitizen

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

If you ask me, this big Russia Bear surely is no Goldilocks Papa

So you would rather the middle east be control by western conglomerates keeping the price of oil or drugs artificially high?

www.globalresearch.ca...

Author’s Note

In 2014 the Afghan opium cultivation has once again hit a record high, according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime’s 2014 Afghan Opium Survey.

In the course of the last four years, there has been a surge in Afghan opium production. The Vienna based UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) reveals that poppy cultivation in 2012 extended over an area of more than 154,000 hectares, an increase of 18% over 2011. A UNODC spokesperson confirmed in 2013 that opium production is heading towards record levels.
-

Source: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime’s 2014 Afghan Opium Survey.

According to the 2012 Afghanistan Opium Survey released in November 2012 by the Ministry of Counter Narcotics (MCN) and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). potential opium production in 2012 was of the order of 3,700 tons, a decline of 18 percent in relation to 2001, according to UNODC data.

There is reason to believe that this figure of 3700 tons is grossly underestimated. Moreover, it contradicts the UNOCD’s own predictions of record harvests over an extended area of cultivation.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The NeXT on the agenda is that China are going to send J-15 and J-11 to Iraq. This will take Place in November.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Zerohedge link thingy is broke to me...

Iraq is becoming more of an embarrassment by the year.

EDIT:

Link worked. Just took forever for me
edit on 25-10-2015 by Terminal1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The Russians aren't taking over, they're helping take back.

Difficult to argue with success.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blissful
Ah man, my patriotism is collapsing.

Damn it, U.S.A, *facepalm* better luck next time!

Patriotism is a trick to get you off to fight the next war, don't be fooled ever again my friend. The USA has done exactly what it set out to do in the first place, it creates never ending war to fuel the military complex with repeat business to continue profiteering off the misery of others.

Your Lobby system is demonic in nature and something has to replace those with the money influencing all the policy, the West went to war in the 40's to stop it in its tracks in Europe...its called Fascism. Once again its raised its ugly head under the guise of corporatism but make no mistake its Fascist in design and nature.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

So you would rather the middle east be control by western conglomerates keeping the price of oil or drugs artificially high?

Youre joking right? you DO know the russian economy is more dependent on fossil fuel prices than even the US right?

people keep commenting but dont seem to actually seem to have done any homework......

Im glad someones doing something about ISIS but to think this is all for dealing with terrorist is naive at best

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802 I'm wondering how Israel is responding to this all..

If you ask me, this big Russia Bear surely is no Goldilocks Papa..

Im wondering how the US and Saudi are going to respond.

probably spread more propaganda and plant more sleeper terrorists and try to hinder the stabilization of the Mid East...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
The NeXT on the agenda is that China are going to send J-15 and J-11 to Iraq. This will take Place in November.

Have any pointers to that?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think Russia will do a better job restoring order to the Middle East than the U.S. could ever do because the U.S. gets greedy and isn't really interested in restoring order. In fact, a lot of actions by the U.S. have led to the unstable nature of northern Africa today. Half the time, the U.S. ends up sending supplies to the very terrorists it wants to stop!
edit on 25pmSun, 25 Oct 2015 19:44:04 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Putin will seek formal request from Iraqi government to operate in Iraqi territory with RF air forces similar to Syria.
There is no way he will be able to pass UN resolution approving Russian involvement in Iraq.

This is my interpretation of Putin's answering the question about Iraq from Valdai conference 22/10/2015
youtube video youtu.be...

edit on 25-10-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
We have troops in Iraq, THAT would be a very bad idea if they hit our troops.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is no surprise actually.

After seeing what Russia is doing in Syria, Iraq actually asked them to come in and help. In the thread below, the subject is covered off.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's right ISISlocks Papa bear is coming to a series of countries near you!

edit on 25-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Remember when, just before the 2012 elections, when Obama and Putin sat together for the press.....and Obama, not realizing his mic was on, said to Putin:

" i can do a lot more in my second term" (paraphrasing)

Russia taking the role as world police is interesting, the US making red lines, and do nothing about them, says another.

Obama's 2nd term is making Putin look like a superhero to many.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Remember when, just before the 2012 elections, when Obama and Putin sat together for the press.....and Obama, not realizing his mic was on, said to Putin:

At that time it was Medvedev talking with Obama, not Putin. I don't believe in any conspiratorial theory behind those words.
Certainly we don't know exactly in what context Obama said it. As with any US president Obama said the truth that in his second term he will be less concerned about reelection. Obama is not shining because he is lazy and he didn't really wanted second term, he would prefer already golfing and touring with lectures for 100.000 $ each 2-3 times a month.

And I don't believe for a second that Obama and Putin conspiring together. On the personal level they can't stand each other.
Putin despises Obama for his incompetence and laziness (and may be rightly so). Obama , I guess, is simply jealous at this point.
edit on 25-10-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I wouldn't be too sure of the situation on the ground re: the "Big Bear" coming to town.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Correct. But isn't there a threat that the Persian Hizbullah combined with Russians and company could overtake and potentially invade Israel? The presence of Chinese force doesn't help the matter either..

If Russians and Persians now have agreements and access to Jordan, doesn't that compromise and imperil Israel? My fear is that everyone will or already does have their eyes on Israel..
edit on 25-10-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join