It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Decline of Ufology: Decades of Fraud, Frustration and Failure?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Now, I'm not saying the answer is "Aliens", but if it's not Aliens... What the hell is it? Something worth finding out. That, I am sure of.

Alien spacecraft. Take a look at a saucer that was photographed by an Air Force jet. The gun footage was taken over Ohio after Air Force personnel reported that the UFO was hovering over their base around 30,000 feet.

Gun Footage Taken from a Climbing Air Force Jet of a Flying Saucer

Caption Reads:

Hovering object that was scanned by radar and seen by ground watchers was caught on film by a climbing jet pilot. These unretouched 35 mm. gun - camera movie frames, released to TRUE by the Air Force, were taken at 30,000 feet, near Wright Field, at 11 a.m. on August 20, 1952.

www.nicap.org...

edit on 16-11-2015 by skyeagle409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: trueskepticnumberone

Absolutely, skyeagle, what you say is fact.
The Air Force did indeed state that these vehicles are interplanetary spaceships.
It's good to see someone else in here who actually knows what they are talking about.

Thank you! I actually saw a UFO as it passed over my base in Vietnam in 1968. Years later, General George S. Brown confirmed that UFOs were overflying Vietnam.

After I left Vietnam, I was sent to Hill AFB, which is a depot for the Minuteman missile. I later found that Hill AFB was involved in the Malmstrom AFB UFO/missile incidents, and I might add that there was more than one UFO incident where saucers were interfering with our Minuteman missiles. Not only were other SAC bases affected, but strategic missiles of the former Soviet Union were affected as well. In fact, the Soviets lost complete control of their missiles as they went into launch status. At the time of the incident, a flying saucer was reported hovering over their base.

Recent Russian Newspaper Article Discusses UFO Incidents at Soviet and American Nuclear Weapons Sites
UFO HACKED NUCLEAR CODES

Russia and the USA were on the brink of nuclear war because of UFO attacks on military bases where nuclear missiles were on alert.

Sensational documents and other evidence confirm that the Soviet military base near Byelokoroviche, Ukraine, and the U.S. Air Force base near Minot, North Dakota, were attacked by aliens from space. Hovering over the missiles, [in each incident,] a UFO in a matter of seconds hacked the codes required to launch them, nearly unleashing a Third World War. Journalists working for Life found revealing documents about [the Ukrainian incident] and located eyewitnesses to the alien attack.

For a 20-year-old radio operator, Vladimir Matveyev, assigned to the 50th Missile Division RVSN, Carpathian Military District, October 4, 1982 was a day that he will remember for the rest of his life. In the evening, he and a thousand soldiers and officers saw a UFO for almost an hour, as it hovered over the R-12 missile silos. "It was unbelievable. Approximately one-and-a-half kilometers from us hovered an elliptical-shaped object," the former rocketeer excitedly told Life. "The dimensions of the UFO shocked us—as large as a five-story house! Barely-visible lights flew up to the object. The guys [and I] were on our way to dinner when we all saw it! The UFO continued to hover, slowly moving to the left, as if drifting. One officer tried to get closer to it in a car but the UFO flew away. At this time all of the missile launchers malfunctioned. The UFO [also] blocked radio signal reception in the bunker. We heard only complete silence, which we could not understand, because this had never happened before. We were [later] told that the radio equipment was burnt!"

The Report

In his official statement on the incident, Major Michael Katzman, who was responsible for the missiles' guidance systems, reported that the computer equipment and security systems had been disabled by a powerful [electromagnetic] pulse. He wrote that all of the control panels had lit up, indicating the missiles were preparing to launch toward their strategic targets.

Former TsSBUiS [missile division] Chief Yuri Zolotukhin told a Life journalist, "I too was a witness to these events and also saw the UFO, but could not reveal what had happened to the sensitive equipment because I signed a non-disclosure document [designed to] protect state secrets." These events happened in the underground bunker where the missile control panels display the missiles' readiness status. [During the incident] the panels lit up, indicating that the missiles had gone to full combat readiness and were preparing to launch. [Ordinarily] this is possible only after obtaining an order from Moscow. In this case, it happened by itself. The officers on duty at their battle stations were shocked. [Figuratively speaking,] their hair had turned gray. They said that the information appearing on the control panels indicated that all security measures designed to prevent an unauthorized launch of the missiles had been hacked! Within just a few seconds, the launch officers had lost control over their nuclear weapons. Immediately after this occurred, the officers called Moscow. The reply they got was that no order to launch had been issued. After 15 seconds, all of the controls reset to the normal position.

[Former] rocketeer Vladimir Matveyev says, "A few days later, a commission came to the base and interviewed the witnesses. The guys gave them their drawings of the UFO. One of the officers swore on his [Communist] Party membership that he wasn't drunk. A few days later we were lined up [for our morning inspection by our officers] and read an order from the Commander-in-Chief of the Strategic Rocket Forces, designated number R010, which said, 'If you see a UFO, do not panic and do not shoot.' Then I realized why the officers who had their finger 'on the button' looked so old and had gray hair."

USA

A U.S. Air Force base in Minot, North Dakota, once experienced a similar incident, this Lifejournalist was told by American UFO investigator, 60-year-old Robert Hastings. He is the author of research on UFO activity at strategic nuclear facilities. Hastings personally spoke with a [former] Intercontinental Ballistic Missile commander, [then] Lieutenant David Schuur. "Schuur told me that in 1966 he was involved in an event in which an Unidentified Flying Object repeatedly activated [the launch sequence in his] missiles," says the ufologist. "Schuur told me that his missile guards had informed him that a big, bright object was [moving from missile to missile]. When the UFO [hovered over] a [given] missile, his control panel indicated that it was preparing to launch. This meant that somehow it had received a launch authorization

www.ufohastings.com...

Check out this report from Lt. Col. Lewis D. Chase in regards to a UFO incident at Malmstrom AFB.

DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE
HEADQUARTERS 341ST COMBAT SUPPORT GROUP (SAC)
MALMSTROM AIR FORCE BASE, MT 590402

REPLY TO
ATTN OF: BO 3 July 1967

SUBJECT: UFO Observations, Malmstrom AFB Area

to: Colonel James C. Manatt (lettered TDET/UFO)
HQ Foreign Technology Division (AFSC)
Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio 45433

1. Reference TDET/UFO letter dated 30 June 1967 on above subject.

2. This office has no knowledge of equipment malfunctions and abnormalities in equipment during the period of reported UFO sightings. No validity can be established to the statement that a classified government experiment was in progress or that military and civilian personnel were requested not to discuss what they had seen.

3. A written report on the events that transpired during the alleged UFO reported landing on 24 March 1967, fully documents all findings by the investigating officer. A copy of this report was forwarded to your office on 3 April 1967.

4. If we can be of further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to write.

FOR THE COMMANDER

LEWIS D. CHASE, Lt Colonel, USAF
Chief, Operations Division

www.nicap.org...

I might add Lt. Col. Chase was the same pilot of an RB-47 that was chased by a UFO over multiple states.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

The Air Force has been duping people over the Roswell Incident and there was no way that experienced Air Force personnel would have mistaken a simple weather balloon for a UFO, especially since the Air Force used weather balloons on a regular basis.

I found that Air Force personnel took a weather balloon from a shelf and destroyed the rawin device, and that is what was photographed in Ramey's office. As far as the test dummies of the 1950's are concern, take a look at what the Air Force officer, Col. Raymond Madson, has said about his test dummies.

Colonel Calls Air Force Roswell Report a Lie

When the Air Force in 1997 released Roswell Report: Case Closed, its debunking of the famed crash incident of 1947, it relied heavily on information provided by Lt. Col. Raymond Madson, project officer in charge of the military's "crash test dummy" program known as "Project High Dive." Madson's program was cited as the definitive explanation for widely reported claims of small alien bodies said to be recovered after the crash. The representation was that witnesses had confused the dummies with creatures from another world. But now, Madson has come forward publicly to say that the Air Force study is "itself a lie." Moreover, he believes aliens really did crash to Earth in the incident, and that the author of the Air Force report had no interest in uncovering what really happened, but "was on a mission."

In an interview with on-line reporter Anthony Braglia, Madson argued that the dummies used in his project could never be mistaken for aliens. Nevertheless, Madson says that Captain James McAndrew, the report's author, ignored the fact that the six-foot dummies were too large and were not used until years after the Roswell event. It is clear to Madson, now 79, that the report was intended the provide a public cover story and nothing else.

Earlier in his career Madson worked at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. At the time he had heard rumors of highy secure areas on the base where secret medical research was carried out. When the Roswell event unfolded, he found the notion that alien bodies had been transferred from Roswell to Wright-Patterson to be entirely plausible. Madson's wife, who, at the time, worked at the base's medical laboratory, agrees.

www.stomverbaasd.com...

PARTICIPANT IN DUMMY DROPS SCOFFS AT AF REPORT

Dummies Weren't Classified, Says Retired Colonel

[CNI News thanks Robert Collins for sending us this story from the Associated Press, July 1997.]

A retired Air Force officer says he worked with high tech crash test dummies in the 1950s, and that there's no way they'd be confused with aliens described in rumors arising from the Roswell Incident.

Lt. Col. (Ret.) Raymond A. Madson said he isn't buying the latest Air Force explanation of what occurred in Roswell in July 1947. The Air Force believes crash test dummies used in the 1950s were mistaken for the rumored 1947 aliens and UFO buffs just got their dates mixed up.

Madson, 66, who now lives near Grants [New Mexico], said he was project officer for Project High Dive at Holloman Air Force Base for four years starting in the 1950s.

Madson said he sent photographs of Project High Dive dummies to the Pentagon for inclusion in the Air Force document, "The Roswell Report: Case Closed."

But he said the dummies do not match the descriptions of the very small, almost childlike beings purported to have been seen in 1947 near Roswell.

"They were testing these things (dummies) to try to protect grown men. They would never have used (dummies of) children for such experiments," he said.

Madson also served at Wright Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, Ohio, before coming to Holloman. His wife worked at Wright Patterson as a secretary in the base medical laboratory, as well, he said.

Both of them heard serious talk about little green men who had been brought onto the base and studied secretly, he said. The subject of aliens never came up at Holloman, however.

"I think it was a highly kept secret at that time," he said. In contrast, there was nothing secret about his dummies, he said.

"The dummies were not covered up or hidden (when transported), and there was no security in the dummy drop phase of the experiments," he said.

And because the windblown dummies might end up falling just about anywhere, the Air Force even offered $25 rewards to local residents around Alamogordo to return the dummies to the base, he said. They were all stamped with labels identifying them as Air Force property, Madson said.

www.artgomperz.com...

General Arthur Exon, Former Commanding Officer, Wright-Patterson AFB

General Arthur Exon was also the Air Force officer who overflew and confirmed the two Roswell crash sites.

Bodies

(Sandow) (C&S, p. 194)
[Exon spontaneously bringing up Roswell crash after being asked about rumors of little bodies at Wright-Patterson] "Yes, I have. In fact, I know people that were involved in photographing some of the residue from the New Mexico affair near Roswell."

[Whether bodies were flown to Wright Field] "That's my information...people I have known were involved with that."

(R&S) (C&S, p. 194)
"There was another location where ... apparently the main body of the spacecraft was ... where they did say there were bodies ...

(R&S)
They were all found, apparently, outside the craft itself but were in fairly good condition. In other words, they weren't broken up a lot"

"That's my information [that the bodies went to Wright Field]. But one of them went to the mortuary outfit ... I think at that time it was in Denver. But the strongest information was that they were brought to Wright-Pat."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Regarding General Arthur Exon's Interview

Covering It Up

R&S)
Exon also knew something of the cover-up, especially the one originated at Roswell. Because he knew Blanchard [Roswell C/O], he said, "Blanchard's leave was a screen. It was his duty to go to the site and make a determination."

Concerning the cover-up, Exon pointed out that there were no secret balloon or weather devices that could account for the debris.

The lab men and officers at Wright Field, because it was their job, would have known if the debris fit into those categories. The balloon explanation was ready-made. "Blanchard could have cared less about a weather balloon," said Exon.

roswellproof.homestead.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: skyeagle409

Stars, skyeagle. Excellent factual posting.
It is disheartening that the media of the 1950s covered the subject better than today.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Oh, modern day media is absolute bollocks. I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You are correct. A few years ago, i contacted former Aero Jet engineer, Ron Regehr, who was instrumental in the development of the DSP surveillance satellite and what he told me was shocking. He confirmed that the DSP satellite has detected UFOs and in one case, one of those UFOs passed within several miles of a DSP satellite before it curved back into space. He described another UFO to me as shaped like a "bi-valve clam." That also indicated to me that space surveillance assets other than DSP satellites were tracking UFOs in space. The DSP satellite points toward earth, but there have been cases where the UFO passed between earth and the satellite. In one case, even the star tracker of a DSP satellite detected a UFO as it approached earth.

I might add that a DSP satellite tracked the 1976 Iranian UFO dogfight over Iran. In that encounter, two Iranian F-4 Phantoms attempted to intercept a UFO, but their systems were shutdown, but returned to operation only after they turned away from the UFO and there were other UFOs involved as well. During that incident, the pilot of the second F-4 attempted to fire upon a smaller UFO that was approaching his aircraft, but the missile failed to fire. Eventually, the smaller UFO returned to the original UFO. The incident was published by the Defense Intelligence Agency and by the Department of Defense and in fact, the report even made its way all the way to the White House.

I might add that Hill AFB, was mot only a depot for the Minuteman missile, but the depot for the F-4 Phantom as well.
edit on 17-11-2015 by skyeagle409 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2015 by skyeagle409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: mirageman

All I know is that I've seen UFOs with my own eyes. I trawled through ufology years ago and got no answers so I have just accepted that no one knows what they are or where they come from. When it is our time to know then we will get answers.

That is a good summation. Except that the inner sanctum of the military government has known for years what they are and where they come from.

I will add that once you have seen a flying saucer you will know that they do exist and that, at least at one time, they were not man made. They were real and were made by visitors. No “decline” in Ufology will change that.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

I saw a silver sphere or an 'orb' if you like. There is no way it was man made.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Anybody who hasn't experienced seeing an authentic alien craft should obviously be a critic of this worldwide phenomenon. But there's a fine line between being skeptical and being close-minded. I would argue that anybody who is close-minded wouldn't even see an alien craft if it were to land or materialize on top of their head. I've actually experienced hostility from these type of cynics and they are just as insane as the folks who claim to summon UFO's at will or even worse, see alien craft whenever they see a strange cloud formation. Radicalization on both sides of this phenomenon, skeptics and believers alike keep the level headed and truth seeking folks caught in the middle.

It shouldn't be anybody's goal in life to make people believe in something that they will not, for whatever reason, open their minds to. All we can hope to do is to share our experiences with like minded people for the sole sake of discovering the truth in these experiences.

I've spent a good portion of my 51 years in this life to discovering the truth for myself about this phenomenon and have come to the conclusion that I will, most likely, never truly know the whole and entire truth. That being said here are 2 facts that solidify my understanding about UFO's: 1. UFO's are real. 2. The intelligence controlling the UFO's doesnot want it's presence known to all of humankind. That's my truth and so far, I've not come to understand anything that contradicts those 2 beliefs.

Here's another truth that coincides with the UFO phenomenon, and that might just answer the question of why "they" won't show themselves to all of humankind: Our species has a keen and demonstrated ability to kill not only its own kind at will but almost any life-form we come into contact with AND to kill it for no other reason than to prove that we can. It's my belief that this is a huge and necessary evolutionary step that, to date, we can't seem to evolve past in order to indicate to ourselves and to higher life-forms that we are worthy of not only being a space-faring species but one that can be welcomed into a larger community of disparate life forms.

Disclosure will never happen under the present political and petro-economic conditions and it shouldn't be a priority for anybody who really cares for and wants to know the truth about the reality of the UFO phenomenon. People like Dr. Steven Greer who claim to know the truth and will share it with you for money are the cancer cells that eat away at the integrity of real truth and disclosure. Current Eye-witness testimony is pure entertainment at best. Facts must be presented in a rigorous, verifiable and scientific manner so that once vetted, cannot be placed under any debunking microscope. Is there a UFO Disclosure group out there that is a transparent, trustworthy, publicly sponsored organization that can be held up to these standards? I don't think so. Find it within yourself to come to know your truth and forget everything else.

edit on 19-11-2015 by TheFinalCountdown because: Clarity

edit on 19-11-2015 by TheFinalCountdown because: Spell checking and grammar check

edit on 19-11-2015 by TheFinalCountdown because: Thought disorder reorder

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheFinalCountdown
But there's a fine line between being skeptical and being close-minded. I would argue that anybody who is close-minded wouldn't even see an alien craft if it were to land or materialize on top of their head. I've actually experienced hostility from these type of cynics and they are just as insane as the folks who summon UFO's at will.

You're right. Closed-minded skeptics are insane.

1. UFO's are real. 2. The intelligence controlling the UFO's do not want their presence known to all of humankind.

That's my truth and nobody can make me believe anything beyond those 2 facts.

Wait a minute...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2
I think you have discovered a new thought disorder.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: draknoir2
I think you have discovered a new thought disorder.

I doubt it's new, but then I'm a skeptic.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thought disorder? a reply to: ZetaRediculian

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think the issue is that what you say is contradictory to what you believe.

That's my truth and nobody can make me believe anything beyond those 2 facts.

This makes you close-minded, something you are protesting against, correct?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheFinalCountdown
Thought disorder? a reply to: ZetaRediculian

yes, as in "insane cynics" and the insane people that think they can summon ufos at will.

I've actually experienced hostility from these type of cynics and they are just as insane as the folks who claim to summon UFO's at will or even worse, see alien craft whenever they see a strange cloud formation.

Do you feel that my words are hostile towards you now?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Some people are "insane cynics." Either that or on someone's payroll. Be too cynical and new ideas will find it outrageously hard to penetrate your thick skull, be too open-minded and your brain will drip from your ears.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Point taken. Modified entry to reflect additional clarification. Thanks! a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Some people are "insane cynics." Either that or on someone's payroll. Be too cynical and new ideas will find it outrageously hard to penetrate your thick skull, be too open-minded and your brain will drip from your ears.

Payroll you say?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Not at all. I was speaking of conversational hostility. I've found that skeptics can become very irrational when presented with personally held beliefs. For instance, I'm skeptical of Christian held religious beliefs like when they point to the bible as historical fact. I tend to feel hostile at what I feel are insecure and weak-minded people backing up their conviction with conjecture. But that's just me. reply to: ZetaRediculian

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheFinalCountdown

Good, now you no longer appear hypocritical. I agree with just about everything you are saying outside of the fine details, but I do not think the pursuit of truth and disclosure should be forgotten. Perhaps it is aliens or perhaps it is Governments using the phenomenon to obfuscate military aircraft testing. I want the truth to be known globally either way.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join