It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Scanpyramids" project to scan the pyramids begins in November

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities is pleased to announce the launch of an egyptian – international Project using non-invasive and non-destructive surveying techniques for the scanning of Egyptian Pyramids under the title “ScanPyramids” project.

Just because a mystery is 4500 years old doesn’t mean it can’t be solved…” This could be the motto of the exceptional scientific mission launched October 25, 2015, under the authority of the Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities, initiated, designed and coordinated by the Faculty of Engineering of Cairo and the French HIP.Institute (Heritage, Innovation and Preservation). Radiographic muons, aka cosmic particles, infrared thermography, photogrammetry, scanner and 3D reconstruction: the most innovative technologies will be used by researchers of international renown and three major universities: the Faculty of Engineering of Cairo University, Université Laval of Quebec and Nagoya University of Japan. Their goal: to probe the heart of the largest pyramids of Egypt, without drilling the slightest opening.

Source: www.multivu.com...

I will be interested to see what they find, but several Egyptologists and people who've worked on the Giza plateau have pointed out that the limestone itself is full of holes and cracks and they'll have a hard time sorting out small natural caves from everything else. I'm a tad skeptical of the infrared sensing as well, but I'm willing to wait and see what they come up with. My own suspicion is that the interior is NOT solid blocks of stone (very time consuming) but may be made up of other things like piles of sand and rubble.

In the end, I think the project's going to take many years and is going to raise a lot more questions than it answers.

If we get a good look at the interior, hopefully it will give conservators a good idea how to keep them from developing problems in the future.

Link to Scan Pyramids site: www.scanpyramids.org...

Link to the informational PDF, with layout drawings of the pyramids www.scanpyramids.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
...and hopefully, put paid to some of the more out there claims.

Though you are probably right that it'll raise as many questions as it answers.

It'll be fun finding out, though...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

My own suspicion is that the interior is NOT solid blocks of stone (very time consuming) but may be made up of other things like piles of sand and rubble.

I may be incorrect but I was always under the impression that this was the case and that the interior stones, which where more irregular in size, were backfilled with a rubble-sand mixture.

On a side note it is good to see you back posting, your threads are always highly informative.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well that is pretty exciting to hear. I'm curious to what they will find. Maybe some other burial chambers. Maybe the fated lost library that they were suppose to find some years back. I wonder if they will share openly what they will find? I certainly hope so.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I wonder how far 'down' they can scan, I have always suspected (or hoped ) there is a kings burial chamber further underneath.

S and F, I second it's great to see you posting here

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

The techniques being used don't allow for subsurface investigation. The "deep" scan technique (using muons) works something like a medical x-ray. Except, instead of x-rays, remnants of cosmic ray collisions are used and instead of film, detectors at the base of the pyramid is used. The analysis is based on how the particles travel through the structure, they have to be "caught" in order for that to be done.

The thermal analysis techniques will look for difference in cooling rates on the surface of the structure, perhaps providing indications of voids or even air circulation beneath the outer stones.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This should be very appealing to Egyptologists and engineers alike.

Byrd...it is very good to see you here. Stay dry.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So it works?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Yes.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I am soooo in favor of them doing this. Eagerly awaiting the discoveries!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Results so far via news releases
www.hip.institute...

top topics

join