It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Five Things Congress Should Investigate Instead of Benghazi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'd say tops on the list is to audit the Federal Reserve Bank, but "What difference does it make?"

When was the last time a Congressional investigation amounted to anything significant? Is Lois Lerner going to jail? Did Scooter Libby spend a day in jail? 2008 Economic Crisis, 9/11 insider trading, pre-9/11 trillions missing, Iraq War billions missing, drug cartel / banking cartel money laundering, Fast and Furious, Guantanamo torture, NSA spying on Congress, etc.

Government crimes are not prosecuted.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
instead of:

"" Top Five Things Congress Should Investigate Instead of Benghazi ""

it should be:

"" Top Five Things Congress Should HAVE Investigate(d) Instead of Benghazi ""

..... anywhere from 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 when Democrats (Bush haters) had the Congressional Committee power.

But then again, many Democrats were in favor of Bush's policies.

Fill us in on the statutes of limitations on these?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
originally posted by: xuenchen

Fill us in on the statutes of limitations on these?

would'a could'a should'a ...

Statutes of Limitations Are Expiring on Some Bush Crimes

they "should'a" in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I'd say tops on the list is to audit the Federal Reserve Bank, but "What difference does it make?"

When was the last time a Congressional investigation amounted to anything significant? Is Lois Lerner going to jail? Did Scooter Libby spend a day in jail? 2008 Economic Crisis, 9/11 insider trading, pre-9/11 trillions missing, Iraq War billions missing, drug cartel / banking cartel money laundering, Fast and Furious, Guantanamo torture, NSA spying on Congress, etc.

Government crimes are not prosecuted.

Lois Lerner was not found guilty of anything.

Scooter Libby was tried, convicted and his sentence was commuted by President Bush.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Lois Lerner was not found guilty of anything.

She was never indicted, thus no trial.

She had plenty of protection.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: FyreByrd

Partisan kettle meet partisan pot.

The targets of your list are either blatantly republican or obliquely republican. You're seriously going to pretend otherwise? And then stamp your foot and talk about knee-jerk reactions?

We can certainly agree that blatant partisanship (such as this OP) are what's ruining ATS, at least.

You perceive partisanship where non was intended. My point was that ISSUES need to be investigated not PEOPLE.

I did make a 'sensational' comment comparing two similar ISSUES and how they were approached differently in order to point out the absurdity of this particular investiagtion. But seeing the lack of comprehenion of my words and intent I dispair of any productive and informative discussion on the subject.

All you've got is that I'm partisan? Really!

Would you like you answer any of the questions I posed? or just prefer attaching my character?

I am an unashamed leftist and read somewhat leftist sources - because there are so few rightist sources of any substance to draw from. I repeatedly ask our members for good 'right of center' new and comment sites but have only two that I found myself and read regularly.

So please stop harping on your simple perception of my character and pay attention to the content and comment on that!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So only investigate republicans,,,, got it.

Oh, you mean I'm not the only one who noticed that?

Weird.

Not too fast...the OP needs to ask Barney Frank about this one below.

How much was the 2008 economic meltdown foreseen by the firms engaged in risky lending practices? Were financiers deliberately playing blackjack with the equity in our mortgages and the value of our stock investments? Unlike in Iceland, where culpable bankers were actually jailed or fined, the US Justice Department let a lot of criminal activity just go unpunished.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
What I want to know is since when are the House Members a bunch of investigators?? Isn't their job to write law??

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Thank you for the additions to the list. I didn't even think of the FED (a private institution) and it's 'control' over monetary policy.

I agree that an open and bi-partisan hearing on many of these issues would be of benefit - if for no other reason but posterity.

I'd add extra-judicial assassinations (read execution without due process of any type).

But the point of PUBLIC congressional hearing should be to expose and correct the systemic over-reach and abuses by those in power. While indictments of individuals are certainly possible and correct they are not the purpose of such high level deliberations. And certainly, abusing the ability of congress to carry out such procedings for partisan reasons, is a clear misuse of the PUBLIC resources.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Very well said - much better then I did, or in fact, could. I appreciate the effort and ask if you have any items you think worthy of Public investigation?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Investigate them all and dont let any of them walk free. As for Hillary, throw a bucket of water on her. It worked wonders in the wizard of Oz

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem Id love to see a house land on that sick witch

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Ha...eyes closed much?

I'm not going to dignify your points by responding to them, but I will say this...
Propaganda is a tool used by all sides. Do you think perhaps you may have fallen for a few tales yourself?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The only thing that needs to be investigated is congress itself.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

When congress investigates itself, it's like handing a pig a knife and expecting bacon.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: interupt42

When congress investigates itself, it's like handing a pig a knife and expecting bacon.

True but thats not what I was suggesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join