It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will Europe do before winter hits with refugees?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
youre fully right!
in holland there are nearly houses for oure own peopple... waiting list of an payeble social rentel house 4 /18 years ..depending where in holland..
now the gov. will order to build 40.000 houses for immigrants....
ofcourse the dutch peopple are pissed off ! with reason a reply to: nonspecific

edit on 25-10-2015 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: nonspecific

Funny how reality bites you in the ass when you ignore it...
I 'm sure you'll run to us again.

Nope, not a clue boss.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.
I think his arrogant US arse is implying that the US will come to the rescue of the UK and Europe or something. I'd rather the US stayed out of it even if it cost me an extra 5% in income tax to # them off and fix stuff ourselves.
I don't support a free border at our French ferry ports and the tunnel though, that would be foolish.
I do support massive humanitarian support for the EU and Turkey to help the folk in the region.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well, they will be less likely to riot and trash their accommodation if it's snowing outside.

Come the Spring when they have not all got well paid jobs, houses and their families transported to be with them, then they'll start getting aggrieved. They did not travel this far to be deprived what they think they deserve,.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Tragic thoughts, but wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

This was similar thoughts to what happened with the Occupy movement. They were going strong right up until the weather turned on them. Of course, they had homes to go to.

The biggest problem will be if there are places that cannot arrange adequate shelter. Then you have groups of people who are living in bad conditions who aren't as acclimated to the weather who will have weakened disease resistance because of it. It's a potential health problem cooking in some places.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The biggest problem will be if there are places that cannot arrange adequate shelter.

I was a bit cynical in my response above, but based on past experience in places like France and Sweden.

I have great sympathy for these people who will be caught in the cold and will suffer great hardship. However, I doubt they will be left to suffer. Unfortunately, Angela Merkel foolishly said Europe (or Germany) would take whoever came, thus encouraging the current disaster to get worse. No one told the immigrants that she had her fingers crossed.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

It seems like winter came early for much of Europe:

www.dw.com...

notrickszone.com...

stevengoddard.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I have no doubt arrangements will be made in the countries that are well off, but in the Eastern countries or the southern European countries things are not as easily resolved because of budget issues.

And even in the wealthier countries, only so much ready money exists before you have a backup of people waiting.

Merkel and the other nations who promised ready access to everything caused a flood that will have some unforeseen consequences I think. I just hope not too many suffer for it.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I wonder what is their plan for these peiple when the snow starts to fall?
OBVIOUSLY they aren't used to winter as we know it and I bet they stop burning tents ,but has anyone discussed that?

Harvest them ?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Not that we would ,but will be asked, I suppose it would depend on what the current regime's wishes are of course.
I m hardly arrogant if the anology is accurate and I'm mosr certainly never an ass.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

I would say
ON'T touch that if you DON'T know where it's been...I would fight the aliens too if they trid to mass abduct Muslims...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well aren't you the philanthropist of the year. Why don't you put them up in your house then? Well? Sure, anyone can hand out blankets and tents.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
They're putting heaters in their tents.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
What I would do would help these countries and solve lots of problems but we aren't supposed to put too fine a point on that solution

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
How about we let people who created this mess step up to the plate and take some responsibility instead of whining about Angela Merkel and "brown people" comming to Europe

Tony Blair apologises for 'mistakes' over Iraq War and admits 'elements of truth' to view that invasion helped rise of Isis

www.independent.co.uk... html

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

By now it is obvious, the Northern Europe cannot cope with the situation - will exists, but not enough time and resources. These are registered refugees and governments are committed to help them - but this might take some time. Building refugee camps is not that straight forward either - land owners, neighbors etc have to agree, permits and papers need to be fixed, bureaucracy and admins need to have their say, stamps and duties signed etc etc. It will be another year before anything happens, and refugees will be ice popsticles to say the least. Perhaps ex-military camps or tent camps in military training grounds? That might work faster.

Now, hopefully the tide of refugees might get a natural limitation and if possible turn back - to Greece, Italy, Croatia... warmer locations, buying these poor souls some time.

But in North, it will not be fun, and desperate measures will be expected. And military might be needed as the last resort, they tend to work out logistics better than politicians or office rats ...

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Tongue in cheek, but maybe NATO should invade Syria and remove all violent elements, then send the lot back, along with all other disaffected immigrants. Let them build their own peaceful secular and modern society of tolerance, stability and law. This way they won't be treated with suspicion by people in the (er) peaceful secular Europe.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Since when did the middle east not have winter? Snow storms are common, it's basic geography.

Temperatures in Eastern Europe in winter are double the average of the middle east. Here's the footage of Syrian refugees in Lebannon last year: www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 26-10-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

My avatar is simply a Wolfenstein image, nothing more.

I remember the first Wolfenstein, Escape from Castle Wolfenstein if i remember correctly ?....ground breaking stuff as far as gaming went, Then it got better.

Back on topic. things are about to get interesting as far as the refugee crisis goes.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Since when did the middle east not have winter?

Temperatures in Eastern Europe in winter are double the average of the middle east.

Maybe you meant half? Average winter temps in Syria are around 55-58F while somewhere like Hungary is 19-27F.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join