It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a common garden spider (Arachnophobes beware!-photo)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Yes, it happens. Like this woman who bailed out of a moving car because of a spider. Her son was hurt.
Here

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I don't want spiders crawling around on me as much as the next person, but the last time to overreact to one, or a wasp or bee (my bugaboo) is when you are driving at 60 mph. Unless you are deadly allergic, the crash you could cause is worse than any bite or sting you could get although I still won't drive with my window down after that time a hornet came flying in a nailed me in the face ...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

...I still won't drive with my window down after that time a hornet came flying in a nailed me in the face ...

One of these things flew in the window and hit you in the face!? I would look into leasing an armored personnel carrier:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yep, the insect kind. You wanna know the scary part? Not only did I get stung, but the stupid thing survived it. We were driving down the highway at about 55 to 60 mph. Guess my face is cushier than a windshield.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Ive got 3 large yellow and black Garden Spiders or Zipper spiders some call them living in my backyard, one has laid an egg sack in the kitchen window. I have a nice warm spot Im going to put it once the mother dies or goes into hibernation. She had been eating on my carpenter bee buddies and belt her web right in front of the back door so I had mess the web up. Damn did I feel guilty as hell too, it being so late in the season I thought I killed her by tearing the web down. But she just climbed up the wall and made her last one in the kitchen window. I left the light on and put some bright objects in the window to attract bugs at night, not sure hows shes doing.

a reply to: ketsuko
Yeah just like those, they get pretty big dont they? Ive seen a small bird caught in their webs before. They are also docile enough one could let them crawl around one`s hand/arm without getting bitten.
edit on 25-10-2015 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Maybe she will be okay!
The bees and their offspring will ruin the wood that they are building in so you have a "carpenter bee trap"...

I think they DO pollinate some flowers...
I still haven't moved my little friend. I researched that they build a new web everyday so, I am hoping that she will just move on (so I don't have to disturb her!) AND I have left my porch light on for a few days which I won't do tonight. That may have attracted the bugs that she had a plethora of in her web.

The photos didn't do it justice (damn iphone) but all of the black dots were gnats.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
One from Scotland that has lived on our hut door all summer... here eating whats left of the cranefly he had in storage.... beauty comes in all forms.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: captiva

Fabulous!

Interesting to me are the spiders that don't wrap their prey in a web first.

They eat it like a predator should!

The one's that wrap their prey in the web and then ingest the web as well are odd...to me...
this new property that we have moved to is inundated with these crane flies that we call BIG mosquitos.

I am surprised that "my" little friend didn't have any in her web!
edit on 25-10-2015 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

We had one years ago in my mothers garden. We let it stay as it was eating all the bugs that would chew on her plants.Plus it was just beautiful . Never saw a spider up until then so pretty. And I am an arachnophob!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This whole thread should be set on fire.

I second that motion.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

I suppose THIS would be out of the question?!

LMAO!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
No need to comment really .
edit on 25-10-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

I suppose THIS would be out of the question?!

LMAO!

Yes, without a doubt.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I thought spiders were bad but Ive recently dealt with a plumbing issue that revealed a problem with giant cave crickets. They are blind and harmless but no thanks cant cohabitate. I called them land shrimp before we had them exterminated. My dog would kill a few in the garage and the legs are like mini-chicken drums. Here is a pic for reference I pulled from the net.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join