It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Rock Band You Didn't Know But You'll Never Forget - PAX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I was opening the doors to the puberty, aware that the government installed by that coup d'etat was depriving me of all the pro-yankee influences, including rock n roll of course. They were stealing my right to be cool. I guess that's why I can understand today those poor folks in places like NK.

But some kids decided o make an stand against the system, true rock'n roll heroes for me. I used to look at those posters on the streets announcing a PAX concert.

The songs and part of the technical direction because I´m sound engineer too.(but the people in the company don´t work fine to transfer the tape to the acetate master, with lot of noise, not present in the master tape. When this record was transfered to cd in the 80´s, the problem was corrected.
The idea of the cover was made by our drummer (Miguel Flores), to give a subliminal message against the military dictatorship that ruled the country at the time.

Never had the chance to go to one, it was too dangerous my father said, not only because the government but also because other temptations that he thought I ignored. Man, it was the 70's.

Prologue. According to the CD booklet notes, Pax's only self-titled album was originally released on the Peruvian "MAG" label in the middle of 1970.

The Album. First of all I'd like to say you that Mark Aguilar (who is Peruvian) more than thirty years ago sung in English better that a lot of contemporary non-English language vocalists, while his voice reminds me Dan McCafferty's of Nazareth.

PAX survived the dictadors only to die under the dominance of Disco in the late 70's. Eventually they got reunited after so many years. In 2008 they were selected to open the concert of Deep Purple in Peru.

es.wikipedia.org...(banda)
www.progressor.net...
psychedelicbaby.blogspot.com...
edit on 25-10-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
S&F I love all kinds of music. I will check these guys out. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
A bit like Blue Cheer. cool

new topics

join