It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONTACT 13: Video released of explosions at low-level radioactive waste facility

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
From ABC News

Hours after the fire burned itself out early Monday, moon-suited teams from the Nevada National Guard and the Las Vegas Police Department's ARMOR unit got to within about 6 feet of a kettle-shaped crater in what had been a 10-foot earthen cap and took radiation and hazardous-materials readings.

All of the measurements were negative, Cage said.

It sounds like an abundance of caution was used, but there was no danger.

It's been known there was no radiation released since the 21st it looks like. Lot's of articles out there.

They didn't call in monitor teams to declare the place safe, they called them in because stuff buried in the trenches was coming out of the trenches.

They can tell me all day it wasn't radioactive, nothing else is buried there. They are nuclear waste storage trenches, not the local landfill.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

They're hoping to discover what is in the trenches by looking at archived paperwork.

If this video of a British 'low level' waste trench is anything to go by the paperwork will be false.

Skip to 1:50

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yeah - Austerity and outsourcing. Ain't it grand......

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

How can fire burn without oxygen

Why don't they just suffocate this fire unless we are not being told what's really going on

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
CONTACT 13: Video released of explosions at low-level radioactive waste facility

We don't know exactly what is buried in trench 14. We don't know what these explosions kicked up into the air...

Looks like it's time to stock-up on Potassium Iodide.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
So it looks like its a bad situation. . . . I dont know how this will end but I do know they cant get those nuclear materials to stop reacting. . . .

St. Louis landfill fire threatens nuclear waste area.
Officials are trying to figure out a way to keep that fire from the West Lake landfill where nuclear waste is buried.

In other news there was like 10,000 gallons of nuclear waste which is being tested to see if its radioactive that spilled out of the landfill above ground that workers are trying to clean up.

Breaking: Radioactive Landfill Leaking Hazardous Waste (St. Louis MO)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

A nuclear industry. What could possibly go wrong.

I'd like to point out here that all the most severe problems we face are caused by people who have been told their 'education' has somehow made them wise. Then they throw their hands up and say, 'No one could have expected that to happen". In spite of all the less educated/brainwashed people who said, "THIS IS TOO DANGEROUS!"
edit on 29 10 2015 by Kester because: missed word

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
So what gets me is that they kept it all secret until now. The people didnt even know they were living around toxic nuclear waste! EPIC FAIL!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
So it looks like its a bad situation. . . . I dont know how this will end but I do know they cant get those nuclear materials to stop reacting. . . .

Well, since it's low level waste, your wish is my command! They're not 'reacting' at all, since there's no critical mass.

A radioactive isotope's gonna radiate. But 'reacting' is a different thing altogether.

BTW, a radioactive material may or may not be 'toxic', which also is a different thing.

eta: since you seem to be a bit at sea over terms, 'low level waste' isn't old fuel rods and the like. We're talking contaminated clothing, wipe rags, wash-down water and the like. No green glow, no heat, no toxic avenger melting, nothing. It's a pile of uniforms and glassware.

etaa: the St Louis landfill is totally off-topic, as it's got nothing whatever to do with the fire near Las Vegas. Plopping a somewhat similar sounding yet totally different reference in is a bit deceptive, unless you didn't realize they're not the same event.
edit on 2-11-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Well, since it's low level waste, your wish is my command! They're not 'reacting' at all, since there's no critical mass.

A radioactive isotope's gonna radiate. But 'reacting' is a different thing altogether.

BTW, a radioactive material may or may not be 'toxic', which also is a different thing.

eta: since you seem to be a bit at sea over terms, 'low level waste' isn't old fuel rods and the like. We're talking contaminated clothing, wipe rags, wash-down water and the like. No green glow, no heat, no toxic avenger melting, nothing. It's a pile of uniforms and glassware.

etaa: the St Louis landfill is totally off-topic, as it's got nothing whatever to do with the fire near Las Vegas. Plopping a somewhat similar sounding yet totally different reference in is a bit deceptive, unless you didn't realize they're not the same event.

So you mean wash rags have been burning underground all this time? Please claify?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

So what gets me is that they kept it all secret until now. The people didnt even know they were living around toxic nuclear waste! EPIC FAIL!

As you're conflating two totally separate things, the Westlake landfill fire and the Beatty storage site fire, it's not possible to know which one you're referring to.

But it's not like it was secret. SOME people don't know what county they live in. That's not 'all secret', it's ignorance. The Westlake issue has been a freaking superfund site since the late 80s/early 90s. It's not like it's not public.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

So you mean wash rags have been burning underground all this time? Please claify?

Since you chose to conflate Westlake and Beatty, you're going to have to be specific from now on, or no one's going to know what you're referring to.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

They're hoping to discover what is in the trenches by looking at archived paperwork.

If this video of a British 'low level' waste trench is anything to go by the paperwork will be false.

Skip to 1:50

So 40000 times the background radiation according to the vid.....thats alot just curiously where is that waste headed to ?...hopefully not into underground storage trenches hey......

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If its waste and not pockets of methane going off. Hard to tell from just the video.

The problem with it being methane is there would be just one bang, not multiple poofs. Those individual poofs could be drums of waste cooking off, imo.

Problem with containing radioactive contamination, it decays and corrodes, producing hydrogen gas, which will find a spark, sooner or later.

It looks like water hit metallic sodium.
Metallic sodium is used in nuclear research.
www.wmsym.org...
nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net... max.jpg
www.forbesadvocate.com.au...
edit on 25-11-2015 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

It looks like water hit metallic sodium.
Metallic sodium is used in nuclear research.

If they buried "waste" in trenches, pretty sure its radioactive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join