It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Ancient Egyptians in America? The Burrows Cave Mysteries, Illinois

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:02 PM
a reply to: nullafides

I can not deny that, that is what TV shows are for, to get enough ratings with what they offer, sensationalism can not be avoided, still I find the show very entertaining and to be honest it does hit the spot many times when it tells that in America is many so call historians, experts in the matter and so on an on that would not have anything to do with changing history as we know it.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:02 PM
Maybe this explains why the construction of the citadel walls at machu picchu is identical to the Stone walls in the temple below the Great Sphinx in Egypt.
edit on 25-10-2015 by PickledOnion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:11 PM

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Byrd

What language is it?
They are saying it's Ptolmec(sic)

There's no such language as "Ptolemaic."

Alexandria was one of three "Greek only" cities - Naucritis and Dashur were the other two ( Egyptians could come in as slaves or workers, and foreign military troops might occasionally appear. In the countryside, they spoke Egyptian, and that hadn't changed much since the New Kingdom. There were new loan words and other changes, but it's not a totally new language (and it's not even a pidgin or a creole... it's that unchanged.)

Cleopatra was the only ruler of the Ptolemys who spoke Egyptian - along with Latin and Greek and several other languages. At least some of the other Ptolemys spoke Latin also, since several of them hotfooted it to Rome to plead for support so they could stay on the throne.

That whole time period is like a "Game of Thrones" mini-series among the rulers... only lots bloodier and lots harder on the countryside and everyone else.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:20 PM

Do any of those artifacts have recongnizable symbols?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:18 PM

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Do any of those artifacts have recongnizable symbols?

A few, badly drawn, and apparently copied without knowing what they were. On this one ( for example, I think someone's tried to copy an inscription of Teti's (dates to the 6th dynasty, 2700 BC or so) On the others, I see the occasional symbol but no real words.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:46 PM
Why does the main carving look more like Captain America than an Egyptian or a Roman?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:48 PM
a reply to: marg6043

I might find it entertaining if the "holier than thou" attitude weren't so in your face.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:24 PM
I see a little resemblance with the Australian claim of Egyptian presence.

A improvised cave
Bad quality scripting
Vague artifacts

Both cases I keep my mind open for an expedition either gone wrong... and the (dying) survives trying to make there mark of just leaving something/body behind.

Witch could explain that the writer was not a skilled writer and stonemason, just trying to do his best for the team
Also could explain the one handwriting, one of them could have is as a hobby to carve.

I know , I know.. far fetched.. But much nicer. On all the other evidence.. I don't know.

Oh one other thing.. Is that artifact gold? Whoever hoaxed it was rich or was thinking he could make more as the gold-price..

Interesting and nice stories.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:29 PM
I read the Barry Fell book back in the day and was really into it as well other theories of pre-Columbian contact and supposed Old World artifacts in the mounds.

However, I've come to believe none of it is true. There would have to be artifacts authenticated by traditional archeology by now. I don't think the academic establishment could keep it secret as claimed and I don't think they all would anyway. The DNA studies on Native Americans was the final straw for me. I think it's all just tall tales like the Book of Mormon.
edit on 25-10-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:49 PM
a reply to: Unionfeatures

neat subject..will be following;

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:44 PM
From an artistic point of view, those art pieces look phony.

..but I do believe ancient Phoenicians and Vikings made it to the Americas. Egypt was very intimate with the Phoenicians .

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:45 AM
I have, over he last few years, been a member of this Site. There has been some finality however as two of the main members have passed away in the last year. Never the less, there is ample info to perhaps encourage more exploration.

There are a couple caves, Brewers and Burrows.

Whyte Eagle and Lostislost have contributed much but unfortunately are the two fellows that passed. Both, along with a 'Sanpete' were the most active, with the lions share of info.

It might prove quite enlightening, as some of the people, or their friends had bought artifacts from these supposed sites after the fact.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:57 AM
This may prove just as interesting in regard to caves in North America.

The Mormons are keen to claim these and others as evidence of their ancient history as described in their Book of Mormon.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:40 AM

originally posted by: Unionfeatures
A brief overview-artefacts found in a cave in rural Illinois in the early 20th Century have led some to believe that Cleopatra (yes that one) and a large retinue escaped from Egypt and journeyed to North America to live out their lives. According to some theories she sailed across the Atlantic, then up the Mississippi eventually settling not far from present day Olney, Illinois.

And was she pregnant with a daughter from Anthony, and her daughter married a native and her blood is now mixed in and preserved with the local native Indians and one day, despite the priests of the other tribes trying to wipe her descendants and their knowledge out, the true blood descendant of Cleopatra will arise and be restored on the throne of Egypt and Rome? LOL.

Sorry, had to add that post in, but I do take this seriously and am looking forward to sitting back and watching this documentary. Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:58 PM

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Klassified
No cave? Then why was there an author of a well known American magazine, an unknown archaeologist, and an investor here in 2008, trying to pump out water, and excavate in that non-existent cave covertly? And I'm not going just by hearsay. I live 50 miles from that cave, and these men were staying at a motel in one of the surrounding towns. I know it, because I was tipped off by someone, and saw it for myself.

I was just linking material that I found, but I will note that show runners and reality show producers will hunt down all sorts of things to get audiences to watch. So presence of a show isn't really convincing to me.

As I understand it, the area is limestone, so there are a lot of caves there (including undocumented caves.) The question would be "is it the real cave or is it another cave?"

Showcaves lists it as fake:

There is so much crap information out there about the Burrows cave, mixed in with a small percentage of truth, that it's hard to say what is real, and what isn't. What I do know, is someone put up a lot of money in 2008 to get into that cave, and didn't want the public or the authorities to know about it.

If it's for that show, there would have been a lot of folks who knew about it. These shows carry insurance, and the providers would have to know it. In order to get their people in the cave, they have to have safety procedures... and so forth and so on.

Real proof would be artifacts that are clearly identifiable from a particular time period and are not hoaxed along with other supporting material.

This piece indicates some problems with the scholars who supported it

But... for the sake of argument... let's say that (fictional person, fictional scenario) Egyptian military captain and explorer Ba-Hotep (who served under Anthony) managed to get four of his ships blown off course and ended up in America. And further for the sake of argument, let's say that they managed to land during the summer (and didn't freeze their Egyptian selves and clothing to death) and managed to survive hiking over 700 miles to Illinois with the help of friendly Indian tribes, where they then come across this cave. And their chief dies so they have to bury him... so...

In order to make and leave the things they had there:
* the entire crew had to be illiterate - or at least they had to be people who didn't speak Egyptian or any of the languages of the Mediterranean (the "deciphered writing" has a distinctly English bias to the sentence structure)
* They also had to haul along (and not lose) Italian marble slabs
* while lugging hundreds of pounds of gold artifacts and not losing them -OR- mine gold along the way and set up a forge and place for their very badly trained goldsmiths once they reached the cave... a forge that's in some place that's now been covered up completely.
* they all had to be unfamilar with dress and symbols of Egyptian gods (this is NOT an Egyptian deity or spirit) I think that's supposed to be Sekhmet, but I wouldn't swear to it. This, however, IS Sekhmet
* the sculptors had to be unfamiliar with Egyptian clothing (which is kind of odd since Egyptians are involved) (the person in this object is not wearing Egyptian clothing
* not know what coffins of that period or previous periods looked like (in fact, no Egyptian coffin ever looked like this). Egyptian coffins varied in shape and style over the 5,000 year history and are acually quite distinctive and can be assigned eras on the basis of art style.
* be completely unfamiliar with ushabtis (which look like this)
* none of the survivors would have been priests (the burials described are completely inappropriate)
* their artists would have to be illiterate in Egyptian hieroglyphs and in Greek or Roman writing yet "literate" in a writing system not used anywhere else and that has the structure of modern English.
* they would have had to give up their bronze swords and axes (which they learned to make and buy during the Hyksos invasion in the New Kingdom (1500 BC) and instead use marble maces for unknown reasons (marble isn't as good a mace as flint, chert, or many other things.)
* They would have forgotten what Anubis looked like and what he did no jackal headed deity or spirit looked like this, even during Roman times) For the curious, this is how the Romans depicted Anubis -- very distinct from the the Egyptian style

Footnote for those of you who like rabbit holes: this page at the bottom documents a REALLY strange bit with Goodwill and "treasures" painted with gold paint:

The video explained that the area is sandstone, not limestone. Caves don't naturally form in sandstone, so it had to have been dug by man.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:33 PM
Maybe 'The Book of Mormon' could be in some way related to this subject.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:11 PM

originally posted by: Okeyd57
The video explained that the area is sandstone, not limestone.

So the video explained that, eh?

Perhaps you should check to see whether sandstone and limestone are related. Also, it might just be a good idea to check for yourself what sort of bedrock exists in the area. the USGS provides such info free and online, I understand.

Makes more sense to say the area is too flat to have many caves, which is the case.

originally posted by: Okeyd57Caves don't naturally form in sandstone, so it had to have been dug by man.

As long as you're up, you probably should consider that if the cave had to be dug by man, and man's there now, there's still no reason to think the cave is ancient.

Before you do anything, maybe you should stop to wonder if this claim has enough legitimacy to warrant all that work.

Looking at the "artworks," I'd have to say it is utterly void of such legitimacy.

edit on 10/27/2015 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:43 PM

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
Your exactly right. From the Toltec's, Myan's and Aztecs and some say into Utah. From Montezuma taking the treasures of the Inca empire and secreting if away from Cortez. The Book of Mormon tells of ancient civilizations, the forbearers of their beliefs. It's involved and lengthy, and essentially ends with the Carrie Shinob, a Mine Repository supposedly.

My previous posts have a forum that discusses all this in Great Detail . Along with thoughts on the Ark of the Covenant being secreted away and possibly in the Carrie. The Toltec Negro features on their stone carvings, predating them to ancient times as Cleopatra would have lived, and claiming African lineage and discounting the land bridge crossing from Asia into Alaska and the southern migration to create all the North American Indians and the Incan empires of Central America.

There's So much speculation that I have read and studied. And again the Mormons lay claim to a lot of this to substantiate their claims of their predecessor inhabiting North and Central America.

Do I believe all this ..... not really, but it makes for a lot of neat stories and what-if's and Treasure hunting. Never the less, as you state, I think you are very close to the truth in the Mormon respect.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:05 PM
Welcome back, Byrd!
My, didn't the ambient IQ just take a jump!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:12 PM

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds

The Book of Mormon has been irrefutably debunked. So it sounds like it most likely does have something in common with this story.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>