It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocent men on death row

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Every year innocent men are charged and convicted of crimes they didn't commit or are executed after years on death row. This happens by misidentification from eyewitnesses, evidence being withheld, or false murder, assault or sexual assault claims made by people.

Charged with homicide

The lucky ones that made it out, after decades in prison

False allegation

The last meal

Exoneration

Man set free

Breathing freedom

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

Gotta love the death penalty , you killed someone without our permission so now we are going to kill you without your permission . Anyone see the irony here .

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
A man in Texas was convicted of a murder/arson job on his own family, largely based on evidence of 'pentagrams' left in the dust after the blaze. Investigations into the possibility that wind was responsible for the formations were quashed.

His last words were a sort of unforgiving oath of vulgarity, and Governor Perry stated that this was proof he was

a demon from hell.

This whole thing is just a test. A cosmic test.

# 530

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The death penalty is an absolute disgrace. For one, it does not have the intended effect of dissuading others from doing the same types of crimes, if it did then nobody would be on death row. Secondly, too many innocent people have fallen victim to it, having been executed themselves or having spent decades behind bars for a crime they did not commit.

I tend to think that those people who do support the death penalty are simply vicariously living out their own murderous fantasies by advocating for the deaths of others.

I could go on and on for another 3 pages about my thoughts on the issue but I'll leave it there.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It would scare me to be judged by a jury of my peers. Most people have lost the ability to reason and look at things objectively. People have been convicted for not crying in the courtroom. And of course, eye witness testimony is notoriously inaccurate. When you add to the fact that many a prosecutor is only interested in their own careers and will do just about anything to convict, it becomes a really scary situation.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The death penalty is an awful idea for many reasons. The worst is obviously the legal murder of an innocent person when wrongly convicted. We no longer have the death penalty in the Uk since it was proven that our government killed a guy for a murder he didnt commit a few decades ago.
Using the death penalty, especially for murder is hypocricy and that sends mixed messages of morality to the public, giving rise to beliefs in "An eye for an eye", which can and does lead to people killing people they feel deserve to die.
And also I feel the death penalty can be less of a punishment than life in prison...Alot of people want to die rather than be in jail, we can see that by high rates of suicide in prison...I feel the really evil criminals get it easy by humane death penalties and would rather them suffer behind bars as long as possible instead.

top topics

join