It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Chunk of Space Trash Is on a Collision Course With Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Here's a maybe from the Apollo program:

Launch Escape System - Boost protective cover

Boost Protective Cover:

A hollow conical fiberglass structure protecting the Command Module's parachute compartment and providing a smooth aerodynamic cover over the docking tunnel and probe. After erosion of the pilot's windows from the escape motor exhaust was discovered during early LES flight testing, an aft protective cover surrounding the Command Module's entire upper surface was added.

So it's about the right size and it's hollow, anyway.

In the absence of an emergency, the LES was routinely jettisoned about 20 or 30 seconds after the launch vehicle's second-stage ignition, using a separate solid fuel rocket motor manufactured by the Thiokol Chemical Company. (Abort modes after this point would be accomplished without the LES.) The LES was carried but never used on four unmanned Apollo flights, and 15 manned Apollo, Skylab, and Apollo-Soyuz Test Project flights.

So it'd be ditched a mere 20 or 30 seconds after second stage ignition. That seems a little early to be so far out, eh? Checking the Saturn V article at Wikipedia, that would mean...

During launch, the S-IC fired its engines for 168 seconds (ignition occurred about 8.9 seconds before liftoff) and at engine cutoff, the vehicle was at an altitude of about 36 nautical miles (67 km), was downrange about 50 nautical miles (93 km), and was moving about 7,500 feet per second (2,300 m/s).

Well, maybe this is it after all. I'm not up on my rocket science enough to check and say for sure if this piece could get into the kind of orbit that WT1190F has been in, but it apparently would have been separating from the rest of the Apollo spacecraft 60+ miles above the surface and still moving hella fast at the time it did so.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
A very apt name, WT1190F.

From what I read at en.wikipedia.org... this object might be a rocket stage or fuel tank from a secret geostationary satellite, or even the satellite itself if it failed to insert itself into the geostationary orbit.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
No matter what it is, its coming on, no less than on Friday the 13th.
cue "suspended snare sound"

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Indian Ocean? Sounds like MH370 has finally been located.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Ripley is coming home in the escape pod! better hope she isn't pregnant or it will be facehuggers for everyone lol.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Meh.. I'm going fishing..................

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Phage

I think there's a lot of small people that dwell on these sorts of things..

Maybe it has some of that cmysterious algaelinging to it.

The results of the experiment were quite surprising. Astronauts expected to find nothing more than contaminants created by the engines of incoming and outgoing spacecraft, but instead found that living organisms were clinging to outside of the ISS. The astronauts identified the organisms as sea plankton that likely originated from Earth, but the team couldn’t find a concrete explanation as to how these organisms made it all the way up to the space station — or how they managed to survive.

Of course, they don't know how long it had been there or how it got there or even if the Russians actually did find it there.

But assuming they did ... maybe this thing has some and then would that make it a "dwelling place?" ... for single celled algae that is.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose
I know right lol...........the skylab/hopi prophecy hahahhaha

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: lostbook

Could this event be that prophecy coming true?

No.
The prophecy was actually talking about Skylab...which was actually a dwelling place. As opposed to this piece of space trash, which is not, unless very small people dwell in it.
www.history.com...

A Ha !! You read it here first folks...
Phage believed a Hopi prophecy hundreds of years old was fulfilled;
Humans living in space leaving their 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment in an
up and coming neighborhood because years later, it would crash down to Earth.

This is one for the books .
in case the wink isn't enough, I'm completely kidding,
But was Phage ?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

a reply to: NewzNose

It is.
I'm not.

Oh, Phage.....

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Could this event be that prophecy coming true?

No.
The prophecy was actually talking about Skylab...which was actually a dwelling place. As opposed to this piece of space trash, which is not, unless very small people dwell in it.
www.history.com...

Yes Phage, you're probably correct but are you sure that it couldn't have been something else? We really don't know about everything that's up there. Was Skylab like a Blue Star when it crashed as the prophecy states? The first thing that came to my mind was the Norway Spiral, but that didn't crash into the ocean so maybe not.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The Hopi Prophesy was meant FOR THE HOPI.....there is more to it than is commonly known, plus....it's to be interpreted within their own cultural parameters. Unless you grew up within the culture you will neither understand it nor were you meant to.

Thomas Banyacya began this by going to the UN for the Hopi Nation....

...and then it took on a life of it's own.

www.nytimes.com...

---Robert Morning Sky, introducing himself in an article called, "The
Blue Star Hoax" that appeared in LEADING EDGE #95. Among other
things, Morning Sky, a Hopi, claimed that the fabled "Blue Star" does
not exist in Hopi legends, teachings or mythology. It was a term that
he invented in the early 1970's that has since been pirated by
researchers who falsely claimed to have spent time with Hopi Elders
learning the secrets of the Blue Star Kachina (a kachina that Morning
Sky says doesn't exist), and channelers, psychics and clairvoyants
who claim to have received Blue Star revelations from their spiritual
sources.

www.newagefraud.org...
edit on 25-10-2015 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Why the hell people get hung up on Hopi prephecies, is beyond me. What about prophecies from Asian/Australian/African/European peoples? It's kinda unfair to give preference to one people over all others.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You never are, right?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Phage isn't the topic of this thread, is he? But he does become it quite often. Unintentional, of course.

Back on topic. No one can possibly know to 100% accuracy that the prophesy was speaking about Skylab. It can be a logical and educated guess, agreed, but nothing is absolute. And therein makes my case. We can guess but we don't know.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
Why the hell people get hung up on Hopi prephecies, is beyond me. What about prophecies from Asian/Australian/African/European peoples? It's kinda unfair to give preference to one people over all others.

Not that I'm trying to push the Hopi prophecy down anyone's throat but the Hopi specifically relates to a prophecy about "A dwelling place in the Heavens" that crashes down on Earth.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Let's see, something falling from the Heavens ( space ).
Hopi prophecy ( time )
To the earth ( matter ).

Yep, Phage nailed it.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: wildespace

Not that I'm trying to push the Hopi prophecy down anyone's throat but the Hopi specifically relates to a prophecy about "A dwelling place in the Heavens" that crashes down on Earth.

Which could refer to any dwelling place in LEO, wich started with Salyut/Skylab/MIR and continues to the present day with the ISS. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

LOL@ "the prophecy was actually talking about Skylab".

You say this like it is absolute and without question and you couldn't possibly be wrong.

I see youve been here just a short time. He says everything that way.

Anyway, seems odd that such a small object would even be mentioned. Isnt this quite a common occurrance?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: Gothmog

Phage isn't the topic of this thread, is he? But he does become it quite often. Unintentional, of course.

Back on topic. No one can possibly know to 100% accuracy that the prophesy was speaking about Skylab. It can be a logical and educated guess, agreed, but nothing is absolute. And therein makes my case. We can guess but we don't know.

As near as I can tell, it has not yet occured to you that Phage was TOTALLY yanking your chain?

At any rate, Phage was wrong. The prophesy definitely refered to Salyut 6.

--Proud follower of the Shoe of Brian

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join