It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What's your favorite color?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:19 PM
a reply to: hutch622

He's super stoked. He was dreading going door to door because he has so much homework each day and not enough free time as is. He had an athletic event this a.m. and later practiced his band instrument.

The only other alternatives to door-to-door were to walk up to people in a public place and ask or phone/email our entire extended family and ask. All seemed like a big endeavor before he has even done the first calculation.

So we thought this might work.

Between you guys, immediate family and his buddies, he has achieved the sampling size needed so now all that remains is to do the math.

Thanks everyone!!!
Ya'll are a great community.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:26 AM
Sage green aka Martha Stewart green.

Good luck on the project. I remember those days well!

ETA - As usual, I am a day late and a dollar short.
I should have read to the end.

edit on 10/25/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:37 AM
a reply to: kosmicjack
My favorite color is clear. No, I'm not kidding. Yes, I am a weirdo.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:14 AM

If its not to , um , personal i guess , can the posters get a hint at your lads final grade .

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:46 AM
Octarine! *__-

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:04 AM

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The deepest and darkest black you can imagine, that science can possibly create. The colour of shadows, midnight, the depth of the darkest night in winter. That colour.

That would be vanta black:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:08 AM
Green for me. Bright and vibrant. I like aqua a lot too, but green has been long term.

Also an interesting topic I have seen covered on another forum out there... your least favorite color. Mine would be circus peanut, muted yellow-orange. American cheese color.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:25 AM
I understand he's got enough, but another vote for Orange here. I love the way it pops in nature and contrasts against blue. I love cheese. To me, orange is the most lively color and there's so many varieties of it.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:40 AM
a reply to: 321equinox

I agree with your choices for least favorite color. American cheese color is yuck. Day glow orange is the worst though in my humble opinion.

The colors in your avatar are beautiful.
edit on 10/25/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:29 AM

Purple, what a beautiful colour

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:15 AM
lavender purple verging on violet.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:29 AM
Brown or yellow or black or blue.

But all of those.

Oh and orange.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:38 AM
The greener side of the blue green aqua.

I found a picture sort of the color. I suppose when looking at the ocean (this is where I see the particular shade the most) it depends on the amount of plankton or something...

The above isn't exactly it but I suppose you get it.
Some shades of the web color Cyan is close also...
Aquamarine or Celeste would be the closest.

I suppose I should have read to the end as well! GEEZ!
edit on 25-10-2015 by TNMockingbird because: see above

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:08 AM
cobalt blue

Are you going to post the results of your kid's project?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:17 AM
I like several colors, mostly all in the darker spectrum. I'd say black is probably my favorite color for most things. Blue and Green in dark shades are nice too. I don't really have a fondness for brighter reds, but I do like some of the darker reds, especially the reds they are using on the newer Ford trucks

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:18 AM
Thanks and yes, I'll post the stats and the grade when he's done.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:21 AM

Purple is my favorite.

I'm also curious enough that I'd like to see the tallied results if you don't mind.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:31 AM
I like purple, hence the username lol

Depends what the item is. I wouldn't want a purple car, purple hair or a purple wall in my home,

I love purple flowers.

I like torquoise as well.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:28 AM
So many people's favorite color is purple, this video is mind blowing as it talks about how that is a color we cannot perceive. My favorite color is dark grey....DARK grey as light grey is too cheery.

edit on 25-10-2015 by Hr2burn because: Link

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:40 AM

originally posted by: namelesss
Octarine! *__-

This one blew his mind.

So he compiled all the colors. Where no clear choice was given , it was kicked out as an anomaly. His required sample size was thirty but he had already asked his buddy and his Dad so he used the first 28 definitive responsesw shared here. The colors were categoized into their most definitive color as per the instructions. For instance hunter green and leafy green are each condensed to just green.

He's doing his calculations now. But definitely getting a hard lesson on how statistics can be manipulative. For instance - What goes in the "other" category? In the first 28 viable replies there was one orange and one yellow, which are part of ROYGBIV and yet he tried to put them in the "other" category since there was only one of each.
His dad made him re-tally it.

Damn statistics! I hope he doesn't grow up to be a politician.

edit on 10/25/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5 >>